corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » take a trip down memory lane

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author take a trip down memory lane
Fad

User status: Offline
13th Oct 06 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Just too many people have moved on and the B is not as popular as it once was so it hasnt been the same since

Doesnt matter though does it? Corsasport has never advertised itself as a Corsa B only site.

Do you not see where I am comming from all the legendery meets of past were the days where there was no C's D's etc and now there are three variants of Corsa whats happening?

Apart from the two main shows of the year (PVS and Trax) I cant see any meets that draws a decent crowd. Not being defeatist just wonder what everyones take is on the decline of interest and attendence of meets now we have more variants of Corsa?

Take the S/E Rolling road for example there was hardly any interest for ages....once TV anounnce they will be making an apperance then everyone crawls out of the wood work. The Northampton RR organised by Daimo had roughly 30-35 cars and the spaces were filled up imidiately and not one person dropped out.

We are growing in terms of size and membership but apart from the shows wheres the rest of the interest gone? We got lots more decent cars on here too comparred to the other mall scale Corsa sites.
jr

13th Oct 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because no one can be botherd to travell, costs of owning a car are more ? people dont want to travel from essex to kent for a meet, because people moan about petrol etc

also jobs play a part, when i was younger i could pretty much get any day off, now as peoples jobs get mroe serious, things like swappign shifts etc isnt possible
Daimo B

13th Oct 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was before we got Redline interested as well... Everyone had already said yes.

But then it was only £17 as well. Inc free tea n coffee, mmmmmmm. (This was Northampton Motorsport, i'd still higher recommend their rolling road for accuracy).

Check her out....

Funny thing is, im wearing those boots/shoes right now... They turned into my work shoes

Still got that bear jacket somewhere as well.... And that Magnex Fleece i used to live in

Thats the day D4 was first colour coded as well... She looked all pretty. Then i spun on that diesel covered roundabout, and learnt a valuable lesson in how "not to lift off throttle mid corner"
Corsa E-Tec

13th Oct 06 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who remembers the corsas sport road block at the National meet lol

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Do you not see where I am comming from all the legendery meets of past were the days where there was no C's D's etc and now there are three variants of Corsa whats happening?

What I've seen is one site (corsa-c) take the latest gen of corsa users away from this site. http://www.corsa-d.co.uk are nice folk though

quote:

Apart from the two main shows of the year (PVS and Trax) I cant see any meets that draws a decent crowd. Not being defeatist just wonder what everyones take is on the decline of interest and attendence of meets now we have more variants of Corsa?

I've seen successful meets across the country, pics of lines of corsas and people meeting up. Maybe you dont pay enough attention?

quote:

Take the S/E Rolling road for example there was hardly any interest for ages....once TV anounnce they will be making an apperance then everyone crawls out of the wood work. The Northampton RR organised by Daimo had roughly 30-35 cars and the spaces were filled up imidiately and not one person dropped out.

I had 10-11 people signed up before I posted my thread in GC, and now I still have 10-11 people signed up. Fact is there is still about 30 days+ till the event and from what I've learnt from organising events is that you cunts leave it till the last minute - ps wheres your deposit for the RR day?

quote:

We are growing in terms of size and membership but apart from the shows wheres the rest of the interest gone? We got lots more decent cars on here too comparred to the other mall scale Corsa sites.

Fact is you live in a region (SE) which needs alot of work (something I'm working on actually..) IMHO all the other regions seem to be tickling along ok so far.

Or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention and everything is in a shitty state.

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by willay]
jr

13th Oct 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben that was brilliant
Fad

13th Oct 06 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
because no one can be botherd to travell, costs of owning a car are more ? people dont want to travel from essex to kent for a meet, because people moan about petrol etc

This is the point no one can be bothered anymore

As for working commitments most meets tend to be on weekends/evenings so people with normal jobs really have no excuse unless they dont want to go. Just people moan about things not getting done then when an event they cant be assed to go.
jr

13th Oct 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think yoru find alot of people on hear work weekends, meanign they cant get to alot of meets etc
Daimo B

13th Oct 06 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spy....
Back row...

Donna far left, the back red on had a 2.0 Ecotec lump in it (back in 2001 odd!!!!), The Craigs 1.6, then Fads, then Matts, then Petes.....

NExt row,
then SmoothieSRi (Luke), Gavin Gibbs, Mine....

Front 3...
Dave Wilkes (C5), Paul Porter (middle), Ed Renshaws spotless GSi....

Still remember them all
willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo when you going to come to a meet? we have one near to you soon in the south east.
Daimo B

13th Oct 06 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
i think yoru find alot of people on hear work weekends, meanign they cant get to alot of meets etc

We would arrange the meets with plenty of notice. I worked many saturdays and sundays as well, but we planned around it to help everyone we could.

But then a lot of us also had mon-fri jobs, where as everyone stays as student dossers these days so doesn't have the cash... (but enough to modify a car? ).

In fact, still un-sure how we got aroudn that. Again think its going back to the WANTING to make them good and people swapping shifts.

willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo is right, anyway my take on it is we need to give people no chance to generate excuses.

This is why I always plan stuff way ahead, like the RR day, and the monthly meet.
Daimo B

13th Oct 06 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Daimo when you going to come to a meet? we have one near to you soon in the south east.

Never probably. Certain members said bad words about my other half, she wants nothing to do with this site or Migweb ever again, and given the totally un-justified comments (people arguing against me chose to use her against me for no reason whatsoever, jsut becuase we were going out).
She got very upset and has no interest at all anymore. But she still loves D5....

If the locals all turn up (Lee, Fad, JR etc), might be able to sort something... But they really tore into her for no reason other than to get back at me. Those people have no idea what they done, and wonder why im always arsey toward them. But no more on that, will open up a can of worms...

The internet is a bitchy place thse days, hence my change of attitude and "bovverd ness" about whats written..

TBH, its more the way the internets gone as everywhere is like it.

Anyone remember Grousey etc off of POTN???

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by VXR]
willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, I'm unhappy to hear about your fight with The Internet.

bumboys from dartford will be attending so you should turn up, I doubt there will be anyone there who bad mouthed donna.
Rob_Lee
Banned

13th Oct 06 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to cause the CS road block?
willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad directions iirc.
gianluigi

13th Oct 06 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recent meets havent been so bad

EA region 6/8/06. we joined up with VVOC VXLSCC. was a good day, had a BBQ. we all spoke to eachother, there were some awesome cars turn up, mini moto banter... and a few Corsas.

all the cars - (minus the lotus carlton, and mint astra 2.0 Turbo)

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by gianluigi]
jr

13th Oct 06 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee
What happened to cause the CS road block?

god knows was amusing though, i think ben (corsa e tech) was in j18 at that point, all i remember was laughing a lot
Ojc

13th Oct 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Fad on all points he has made, there just is no intrest anymore. It will come good again in 5 or 6 years when Corsas are older and looked upon as classic boy racer material.
jr

13th Oct 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I agree with Fad on all points he has made, there just is no intrest anymore. It will come good again in 5 or 6 years when Corsas are older and looked upon as classic boy racer material.

my car migth be finsihed then cant wait
Rob_Lee
Banned

13th Oct 06 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

typical retards

We need more meets, i miss meets. I used to go to loads like MIG meets but they are getting infrequent
Ojc

13th Oct 06 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame the Americans and the lack of enthusiasm, Daimo was full of the stuff it was great. I couldn't sleep the night before the Northampton rolling road I was so excited.
willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

You should come to the SE meet, its at the grasshopper.
Daimo B

13th Oct 06 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC is right.

Its enthusiasm, and as said, anyone whos seen me get involved in something im interested in knows im like a crackhead on a good trip. Im VERY excitable to the point of shaking...

People WANTED to make it all work. Hence got excited about it.

Look at the Hemel meet pics, we OWNED Hemel carpark. No-one moaned about having to move their cars 50 times, they done it as they were exctied.

I think the numbers are there, its just the enthusiasm. Sorry to say it, but there wasn't many "boyracers" who woned Corsas as they were still fairly expensive, where as now they are the new nova, cheap as chips and draws in teh boyracers. People don't like boyracers, so theirs hostility already before they've even spoken.

You can turn up to a meet, walk past a group of folk and overhear "oh my god, look how tacky xyz is... Look how big the gaps in the bumpers are (heard this about D5, do you peopel not realise it effects the owner or are you that arrogent and ignorent?) etc..." Everyone picky... Not many do it for the fun and love of it anymore, its all about who has the biggest baddest install, or biggest rims, or phattest kit etc.... No-one cared. All that was important was turning up and chatting to anyone else who turned up. I just nattered to random people for the hell of it as they showed up. TBH, it was more the social side than actual "car modifications", but when a good car did turn up (C13 in green, C4, or Matts etc, people were amazed, but never bitched!)

We done our cars because we loved them. I do see that on here still, but only by a few people...

[Edited on 13-10-2006 by VXR]
willay
Premium Member

13th Oct 06 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All good and well, but that isnt going to stop me trying to pull crowds together.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » take a trip down memory lane 22 database queries in 0.0171199 seconds