corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra VXR
Fro

User status: Offline
17th Oct 06 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Me and Rach are going to get one next year. Arden blue with the 19's works out at £21k, looked at it yesterday. Will probably get it cheaper than that once you start negotiating with salesmen.

I hate having to wait for things though.

Mates came out at 21k he didn't even bother negotiating could have probably got it down quite a bit if he did defo worth a try
Jambo

17th Oct 06 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Olivier
Stu

17th Oct 06 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they are great cars but I just think a new one would lose more money than you were paying off on the finance. Id get a nearly new one, you would still get the remainder of the 3 year warranty!

Stu
Ojc

17th Oct 06 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what your saying Stu, but by the time we come to buy one we will have a quite substantial deposit so only 60% on finance.

And if your buying a car like that, that will last us for 5 years we want knew, we've already weighed up the pros and cons.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youl have to get a girlfriend called donna, and pretend its yours
Ojc

17th Oct 06 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be mine? Mine and Rachels?
MarkM

17th Oct 06 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
I think they are great cars but I just think a new one would lose more money than you were paying off on the finance. Id get a nearly new one, you would still get the remainder of the 3 year warranty!

Stu

Yeah but I cant use the 22% off on a used car...so would probably work out around the same price or more...
kz

17th Oct 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only reason i would never buy a VXR is cause theres this little company called Honda...

mwg

17th Oct 06 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that because they have the VTEC sonic BOOM?
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
the only reason i would never buy a VXR is cause theres this little company called Honda...

Both very different types of car IMO, and made to suit different driving preferences . Easier to compare on paper than in real world driving.
Baskey

17th Oct 06 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id love a VXR astra but cant really afford one,
Hopefully im gonna get the corsa vxr (dependant on how powerfull it is) because i think the clio is to bland. Iv never had a brand new car and agree, i love the id of not having mot's etc to worry about, specailly cus iv got a french hot hatch at the mo.

Go for it mate, will be so nice specailly as you said youve been driving a shed for a year
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no matter how many times I see an Astra VXR, I can't get away from the fact that its just an Astra with a horrible bodykit.

and for a 240bhp car, its not as quick as it should be.
SetH

17th Oct 06 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

18.5-21k sorry but im not feeling it at that price
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
no matter how many times I see an Astra VXR, I can't get away from the fact that its just an Astra with a horrible bodykit.

and for a 240bhp car, its not as quick as it should be.

That'll be cause it is an astra with a body kit, like most other hot hatches are .

Seems about normal for 240 brake these days, can't think of much else quicker that's as modern?

if you get 22% off then it'll be one of the best new cars you can get for under £15k i'd say. With the discout from new, it also offsets the depreciation quite a bit, so it'll then proberbly be as good as the Audi would have been .
Tom

17th Oct 06 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have an s2k for the money, that's not to compare but i'd just rather have one
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
Seems about normal for 240 brake these days, can't think of much else quicker that's as modern?

what I mean, is 240bhp is supposed to be a lot of power, but the car isn't as quick as the numbers should make it.
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob H

what I mean, is 240bhp is supposed to be a lot of power, but the car isn't as quick as the numbers should make it.

Like I say, I can't think of anything similar that's significantly quicker than it.

Your only looking at half the figures though if you don't think it's quick for 240 brake. Do you know what it weighs?
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs, I dont care if the competition are as slow, I don't think its that quick for a 240bhp car. I know its heavy, but thats not my point.
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ffs, I dont care if the competition are as slow, I don't think its that quick for a 240bhp car. I know its heavy, but thats not my point.

What's your point then? Vauxhall should have made a car that defies the laws of physics? .

If you compare it to older cars, then yes for 240 brake it doesnt perform as well, but the trends been like that for the last 15 years. The EU is to thank for that, with their shitty emmissions and safety legislations, pedestrian safety, and the general trend of the market wanting more air bags than seats .

Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is, that everyone bangs on about how quick it is, when its not.
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever heard of a dude called Einstein? He invented/discovered the theory of relativity, maybe you should look it up?
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, i've never heard of him. what did he do?

do you own one by any chance?
Rob H

17th Oct 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said earlier, it's quick relative to what else is avaialble to buy new in today's market. I'd guess that over 90% of road tests are done on new cars, hence you can only really compare them equally against new cars, and the people who read the reviews will most likely want to buy a new car, hence it's pointless comparing it to older cars!

Think i'm having a blonde moment, but what other hot hatches came with similar power and were quicker?

No don't own one, but admit I do like them alot, not that it matters .
Jambo

17th Oct 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id have an astra VXr over an s2000 for a start the astra has 3more seats and a boot. The S2000 doesnt, useless comparing the 2, totally different cars, like comparing a rangerover to a fiat panda.

The VXR will also be cheaper to fix etc etc

I like them, if i had that money and wanted a new car i would get one, i can get 15% off thru VXSCC and if i save enough* i might just do it......

This will never happen
Robin
Premium Member

17th Oct 06 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the money, the 2006 Impreza WRX is a lot quicker.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra VXR 22 database queries in 0.0159149 seconds