corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Max Power: Opinions needed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Max Power: Opinions needed!
Max ed

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appreciate your time on this - valuable feedback. Please keep sticking up your thoughts and feelings as I will be asking these questions of a wide variety of modified car enthusiasts. The idea is to start making serious changes from our Feb edition so keep an eye out and drop me a line on email with any comments about the next few issues as we test a few things...
Oh and if you've got a car you would like us to feature send me a pic as I promise we won't treat it in a chavvy way.
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"max Power live will be BIGGER + BETTER this year"

Thats been said for the last 4 years, and guess what... It hasnt got better at all.
dna23

3rd Nov 06 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the above comments have been spot on. I'd just like to highlight VXRs comment about which market you're catering for. I don't think you'll be able to cater for the real car enthusiasts under the name of Max Power; it's now got certain connotations which go with it and would most likely discourage the enthusiasts from purchasing it.

That said, you probably can’t change the name from Max Power due to all of the printing, press, websites .etc and I think you’re going to have to work really hard if (and that is an IF) you want to now cater for ‘real car enthusiasts’.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it, the car features always seem to be fairly good (from when i bought it) but the other stuff is the problem, i reckon it'd be better with more cars, less crap.

also, maybe comparing tuning products on a rolling road, back to back, to see which is the best, to settle all the k&n vs pipercross arguments etc...

edit - and explaining about wheels offsets, tyre sizes, speed ratings, suspension types etc, in depth.

[Edited on 03-11-2006 by Robin]
ClaireF

3rd Nov 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes agree dna you need to change the name of the magazine to get ppl interested again. They will see max power and just think of the old max power. For a market segmentation you need to change name and you will find that if you do change it for the better more people will be interested.

One organisation has done this and because of the name it has change for the better. Nothing to do with cars but heres an example. NCDL= national canine dog league (something like that) well because they use to put down healthy dogs and people did not approve of this. So they where about to change there ways and not put a healthy dog down. Because of the name people associated the ncdl putting dogs down. So they changed there name to dogs trust and now its a very big organisation.

this could still work out for max power, change the name and i bet more people will be interested.

[Edited on 03-11-2006 by ClaireF]
SteveW

3rd Nov 06 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the chip tuning features you have done in the past were good..

the "DIESEL ROCKS" one was good. just the terrible period where Max did its Top10 of different things..

Fast Food
Boobies

think there were some other really random ones too.. Not the best
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the 'how do tits look out a sunroof at 50mph'

that was a little random.
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 03-11-2006 by mav]
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK Pete, we know you don't like it, but it's not helping much
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Max power needs to ditch the 'Boy racer' image.

Start featuring import cars and race cars, Max POWER <---- The power bit is whats lacking. What POWER does an 89' nova have

Seriously it used to be good, then i stopped reading it, then i heard about doing stupid stunts and criminal damage
SteveW

3rd Nov 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speed Camera Jousting
Melons thrown at Speed Camera
Blowing up Speec Camera

i think everyone gets it.. Max doesnt like speed cameras..

no more of these silly features.

I think Max should do a proper project car.. and each month build it up and up to compete in something.. Like trackdays or for "The Baron's" new drift car.
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

REDLINE did a Nissan Skyline R33 and a Volvo ICE Cop Car

M.P did a Peugeot 407 SW
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
OK Pete, we know you don't like it, but it's not helping much

You said Random
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about doing what EVO magazine did, and buying a car, then over a few months, making it faster and lighter to set a much faster lap time at the nurburgring.

or like Steve says, another proper project car, like the the mag used to do in the 90s, even as late as the 'maxo', that was pretty cool.
All Torque

3rd Nov 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Project SLAM was x 10,000
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
M.P did a Peugeot 407 SW

I never saw the finished result of that, but that was all about doing something different, innovative, abnormal, irrc.
richysport

3rd Nov 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think max power needs a little of everything. suttle cars and kitted cars that are done right. max need to get out there to cruises, rolling road days and so on. it needs less ott cars that no one in there right mind can afford or would want to buy
J100RSA

3rd Nov 06 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once sent in a pic of my car and was told it wasnt modded enough
chapcorsa

3rd Nov 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read total vauxhall, all pointers needed will be in there, a good read not just full of illuminous colours and chavs!
Jim_77

3rd Nov 06 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Max ed, what other forums have you signed up to?

If you're scouring the net for feedback from all different manufacturer based websites you must have a massive job on your hands collating all this information?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Nov 06 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chapcorsa
read total vauxhall, all pointers needed will be in there, a good read not just full of illuminous colours and chavs!

no, read Practical Performance Car magazine. somewhere between there and redline will be good.
J100RSA

3rd Nov 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by chapcorsa

no, read Practical Performance Car magazine. somewhere between there and redline will be good.

daves prestty much hit it rite on the head
deano87

3rd Nov 06 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think modding (from the perspective of performance etc like the members of this forum) is quite expensive, as is car maintenance anyway. In that respect I think 'how to service you car' would be a good idea. Also how to modify on a budget. I don't mean buying Ripseed etc but anything to do with performance modding that isn't going to break the bank but would help the performance of your car. May be a section "Getting the most out of..." would be interesting.

I suggest looking at "BMW car" mag. It's extremely well written, naturally targeted at BMW owners BUT crucially it isn't too sophisticated or full or jargon. In attracting new readers to ensure growth of the mag, try not to use too many 'street' abbreviations as not everyone knows what they mean...
mav

3rd Nov 06 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets keep it constuctive ppl....'All Torque'

Robin
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy 3 Magazines -

PPC
Evo
Total Vauxhall.

TV goes through phases of being good or bad, but the other two are consistantly good.

other good mags to look at/steal ideas from, would be Performance Ford, Total BMW, Performance VW, all of them have a mix of decent cars, decent articles, and decent, easy to understand tech sections.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Max Power: Opinions needed! 22 database queries in 0.0185320 seconds