corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car for £2.5k

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What car for £2.5k
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 06 at 02:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't sell the C til June, need my NCB

Wouldn't want a Rallye as a daily anyway, it'd need to be a second car, so it got used as it should
drax

23rd Nov 06 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get something RWD bulter
Paul_J

23rd Nov 06 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anton2K3
true, but you just cant get the torque.

Sorry but how much magical torque does your 1.6 8v S2 Rallye have?

It being a 1.6 8v - does not make it a super torque machine. It just makes it pull a lot easier low down, with it's power band lower down, running out before it gets to any decent revs.

It has no more torque, Torque is determined by factors like capacity. Power is all about where that torque is used in the rev range.

All it means is a 1.6 8v has little power compared to gti, as it makes all its torque down the bottom end. The reason S2 rallye is nippy is, A ) it has a close ratio gearbox and B ) they're lighter. Do the same to a Gti and it'll be quicker, look on rallyeregister etc at the amount of people who have 16v'd their S2 rallyes.
gunzi

23rd Nov 06 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starlet GT Turbo

200SX S14 or mint S13

Early MR2 Turbo
topshot_2k
Banned

23rd Nov 06 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

306 GTi-6 or Rallye, Clio williams?
Anton2K3

23rd Nov 06 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J I am a member of the rallye register....
The 8v means the engine makes maximum torque at lower revs, which means it pulls harder at lower revs. You don't have to rev its nuts off to make it go. The S2 8v engine is also a very strong, and responds well to bodies, head work, and cam.
I'm not saying the Gti has no torque, but its a different drive. If I had the choice between a 150bhp S2 8v, and a 160bhp 16v, i'd go for the 8, and i doubt there would be that much difference in performance.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What car for £2.5k 22 database queries in 0.0083249 seconds