corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » larsson to man utd in jan!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author larsson to man utd in jan!
J da Silva

User status: Offline
1st Dec 06 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There a very few players who are just as good at 34/35 years old, as they used to be at 20-27years old, Larsson is one of them I think, Shearer was another example, along with Cafu. He's looked after himself right, and uses his brain to create space without using too much effort when it's not needed, maybe why he's still a consistant goalscorer, when Barca called on him in Eto'o' absence, he rarely dissapointed.

[Edited on 01-12-2006 by Jizinho Silva 10]
mav

1st Dec 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Larsson is a quality player and has still got it at 35...He has proved time and time again his qualitys.....

He will be used as a supersub I can see it but he will be superb..

Not just for his goal scoring but his general link up play inside and around the box he will get others goals aswell...

TBH he could still play for ANY team in the premiership.
chris-sri

1st Dec 06 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed it's just a shame he can't stay until the end of the season
Hammer

2nd Dec 06 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Hes old, slow and not played in the Prem before... he'll do well no doubt but theres no way he'll score many goals!!

He's old and slow? what is that based on?
Mad Moe

2nd Dec 06 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Hes old, slow and not played in the Prem before... he'll do well no doubt but theres no way he'll score many goals!!

He's old and slow? what is that based on?

Probably based on the fact he is 35, coming to the end of his career and isn't particularly quick, just a guess mind you.

[Edited on 02-12-2006 by Mad Moe]
Hammer

2nd Dec 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When was the last time you seen him play football?

I love listening to the opinions of people with no clue, just because he's 35 does not mean he is old and slow. He never was a lightning quick striker anyway but more than made up for it by the fact he was 2 steps ahead in his mind.

He WILL score goals in the premiership and that is all you can ask of him.
Cosmo

2nd Dec 06 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well being 35 DOES make him old for a footballer, thats just a fact you cant argue with TBH.

I wouldnt say he is slow compared to come, but compared to what he used to be he has lost a yard or two off his reaction time.

Im not sure if 3 months (with the amount of time he will get on the pitch) will be enough for him to adjust to the pace and style of play in the Prem League. If he had been younger and here for a bit longer Id have no doubt he could be a hit, but just dont think he will make too much of an impact.
Robbo

2nd Dec 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I love listening to the opinions of people with no clue, just because he's 35 does not mean he is old and slow. He never was a lightning quick striker anyway but more than made up for it by the fact he was 2 steps ahead in his mind.

Exactly, he was never quick and at 35 he is even slower, npo doubting his qualiuty but he won't score that many what with the pace of the English game... very very few strikers score many year in year out esp in only 3 mths... im not doubting his ability or that he is a good signing i was simply responding to ur comment that he will score goals for fun!

PS last time i saw him play was when he et up 2 goals that beat my team int he CL final so Im all too aware of his abilities but CL is not played at anywhere near the same pace as the Prem!
Mad Moe

2nd Dec 06 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I love listening to the opinions of someone who is blinded by their admiration of an, albeit very, good former player and there portrayal of them some kind of mecurial figure who's skills and pace could not possibly have diminished with age. Dont get me wrong mate he is a good player and will do a job at Man U as a backup but I really dont think he will be setting the league alight

[Edited on 02-12-2006 by Mad Moe]
Hammer

3rd Dec 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He never had blistering pace and just because he is 35 does not mean he is past it, i guarantee not one of the people fabricating opinions from fantasy has seen him play while he's been in Sweden, i watched him play an absolute blinder to win Helsingborgs the Swedish cup not so long ago, he's not lost anything.
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, playing well in the Swedish league, against all those household players, will really give some indication of how he will perform in (probably) the best league in the world
Hammer

3rd Dec 06 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok you obviously have your opinion of how he'll do i respect that, I'll have mine though.

If he climbs off the bench just once and wins three points for man u over the 13 game period Ferguson has completed a masterstroke. If he does it against Liverpool i'll raise a wry smile!
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Im not saying he wont score 1, he probably will. But you were originally saying he was going to 'score goals in the premiership for fun', which is what I (and most others) seem to be questioning.
Hammer

3rd Dec 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe my wording was a bit much by saying he'll score goals for fun, no striker including the great Thierry Henry can do that.

What i meant was he'll score goals, much like he always has, and he will come off the bench at least once and change a game. I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise.
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that makes more sense, not going to argue that he may pop up and score a goal here and there. He certainly wont score loads of goals which is how EVERYONE was reading what you had written, but change a game he may!
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh...and Id rather he did play against us than a fit Smith or Saha TBH!
Robbo

3rd Dec 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
that makes more sense, not going to argue that he may pop up and score a goal here and there. He certainly wont score loads of goals which is how EVERYONE was reading what you had written, but change a game he may!
Agreed there matey
Hammer

3rd Dec 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Alan Smith over Henrik Larsson? incomparable.

Rather than say he'll do this or that or he wont we'll wait and see because it's become a bit laughable now tbh
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, not saying Smith is better, but against us I feel we could handle Larsson better than Smith. Not saying that is the case against everyone or overall, just us.
J da Silva

3rd Dec 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Alan Smith over Henrik Larsson? incomparable.

Rather than say he'll do this or that or he wont we'll wait and see because it's become a bit laughable now tbh

I prefer to watch Smith now, there is comedy value with watching a professional footballer on silly money per week nesh tackles and run away from the play. Larsson has a brain too.
Cosmo

3rd Dec 06 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when your just coming back from a serious break Im sure you would stick away from hard challenges until you've got a few games under your belt
Nath

3rd Dec 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS roll on Jan 1st and Uniteds first game with Larsson
Hammer

3rd Dec 06 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He won't be playing
Nath

3rd Dec 06 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

4th Dec 06 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be good for a few months, can see him being used similarly to how Solskjaer is. Rossi is back in January too.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » larsson to man utd in jan! 23 database queries in 0.0158341 seconds