corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Modifying a standard air box

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Modifying a standard air box
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Dec 06 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then it will be an inline 4, on its side
AdZ9

14th Dec 06 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure Haimsey, i just followed what the instructions said to me when i got it! Im sure they are pretty much the same, both at the front and both will be taking same amount of air i suppose
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okie dokie, cheers AdZ9

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
MikeE

14th Dec 06 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haimsey i'd personally drill it on the wing side and add a cold air feed down to the lower grill. i have done this and got rid of the flat spots and has a lilttle induction noise, its only a 1.2 8v so didnt expect much anyways
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeE
i'd personally drill it on the wing side and add a cold air feed down to the lower grill.

i take it you mean drill the box

and where can it possibly go and secure to on the lower grille? tbh ive never actually looked at that bit of my car for saying how long ive had it and how much i clean it

Marcy Marc

AdZ9

14th Dec 06 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just taken my K&N off, put the standard back on, fuckign nearly crashed when i took it for a spin! im so used to accelerating out of the flat spots without them it was like i was ragging it! feels much better though but im buying a derestricted standard box off someone now and going to drill in the wing side i think
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to do mine on monday/tuesday and i am planning on drilling one hole in the box and either placing the air feed near+in general direction of the box, or popping it into the box itself

think it will be ok ?

Marcy Marc

AdZ9

14th Dec 06 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure! could be, when i took my k&n out i left my feed from the splitter there, ready for this derestricted box i got off a member on here, gonna drill that on the wing side and bottom of it so i will also have the feed pointing generally at the bottom of the box too. Need to get one of these panel filters first too!
mattievRS

14th Dec 06 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally ive got mine on the lower grill as there is less chance of water and shit getting into the box as the air feed goes directly up at 90 degrees.If your worried about lack of "ram air" then go for a 60mm diameter piece of pipe!!
Haimsey
Premium Member

14th Dec 06 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pipe im using is one i stole of my brother is one from halfords so its not huge i dont think, not too sure

[Edited on 14-12-2006 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

Seany

15th Dec 06 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u put ur cold air feed in the bottom grill on ur bumper its better bcoz the air is colder 6 inches of the ground 'apprntly'
eazy187

15th Dec 06 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just derestricted my airbox and put a px airfeed directly into the origal hole (needed widened a bit) . the feed goes to the left of my grill. i also have a px filter in the airbox and the sound is slightly louder, havent taken it for a drive yet so ill see if theres any difference tomorrow (I doubt it!)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll