corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2.0 16v TB track

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 16v TB track
Ant

User status: Offline
15th Apr 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay bit more work today, have now got most of the wireing out from behind the dash the bag full of wire that I cut out of the loom weighs 4kg which was suprising

Anyway here is a scary pic of what it looks like when you have cut the loom open

RCoughtrie

15th Apr 07 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amazing corsa, nice transformation of tastes through the years

holy fook at the wires, didnt that scare you
Ant

15th Apr 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCoughtrie
holy fook at the wires, didnt that scare you

a little me and my brother in law were doing it together he kept saying to me 'you sure you dont need this one?" to which he just got a reply well cut it out and we will soon find out,

After removeing the 4kg of cable there was only 1 wire I had to put back in that was for the rear fog lights

And yes it really has gone through some big changes for got to put before I picked up my gotech managment form Jamsport on wednesday so will start the throttle body conversion soon

[Edited on 15-04-2007 by Ant]
broster
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looms oh so familiar!
Ant

16th Apr 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few pics of the bits i need to start fitting

gotech ecu (contact jamsport for info as these are very good value for the features you get)

and the loom I also got from jamsport

[Edited on 16-04-2007 by Ant]
Robin
Premium Member

16th Apr 07 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good choice

Are you going to be using Jamsport for the mapping?
Ant

16th Apr 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate will be jamsport, the plan is to try and get it started myself then get it over to jamsport for mapping and to have the verniers fitted, if this fails then it will be going over to get them to make it run first then map!

[Edited on 16-04-2007 by Ant]
jamesvalver

16th Apr 07 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ant - they jenvey dth tbs? ive just bought some for mine but im having problems with the coolant passages in the head atm. where the std inlet allowed coolant to flow through it into the pipe work behind the waterpump, the dth set up blocks this off so what do you do with the coolant pipes?

Ant

16th Apr 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm havet got that far yet, they are jenvey yes but they are only sold by QED may be worth giving them a call they are usually pretty helpfull AK had a quite a few pictures in his garage he was running the same boddies might find something in there
Ant

20th Jun 07 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over 2 months and no real progress apart from the internal wireing is nearlly finished and iv just started to prep the inside fro paint, doh! should have painted it before i put the wireing in ahwell im sure i can work around it.
Ant

28th Jul 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of internal tidying of the shell:

inside is all primed pics dont show it but it came out really well, top coat some time in the next week fingers crossed.

GRP tailgate and bonnet are here windows should be with me very soon.

[Edited on 28-07-2007 by Ant]
Rallycorsa

29th Jul 07 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been looking through this thread and see you have it at 900kg.

Iv'e just had mine weighed at 900kg with a C16XE and F13 box but cant see where you have taken any weight out apart from the standard trim.
Our cars are very similar in that the cage seats and belts but mine has fibreglaas boot and bonnet with perspex rear window. Will be interesting to see the weight when you fit boot , bonnet etc, will you be cutting the doors out when paerspex is fitted?

Ant

29th Jul 07 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was 920 last time it was weighed, so with the GRP bonnet/boot windows and cut the metal out the doors, Have also taken about 5kg of wireing, most of dash, heater matrix and grinded out all the silly little brackets since it was last weighed. Im confident it will come in at 900 or just below.

will also be fitting wilwood 4 pot brakes whic may be lighter than the 2.0 ones currentley on it.
Ant

12th Aug 07 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay a bit more work over the weekend

not worried about the paint on the windows / bumpers as they are being replaced soon

Pedal box and wilwoods arrived this week aswell sadly combrake got my order wrong an dsent me a nova pedal box so that has gone back. Was promised delivery of windows friday but that didnt happen either
Dan295

12th Aug 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sheesh, lot of work gone into this. looks great
cash_2_my_corsa

17th Aug 07 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow dude looking good
Novaneil

19th Aug 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that! Keep up the good work mate

Neil
Ant

4th Sep 07 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okay quite a bit of progress over the last few + I have taken delivery of loads of shiny new bits hopefully ill get pics of them tomorrow

inside is mainly painted and back together now (apart form seats and harnesses) now and i have resolved all my wiring issues in relation to lights etc all now fully functional with a mega cut down loom

dash is under construction looks a bit blue peter but i promise it will look spot on when its flocked used some very thick card and fibreglass

removed the oe loom and inlet gubbnis today note to anyone with a 20xe corsa is is the biggest ballache ever to get the inlet manifold of in the bay

more work to come soon (hurry up and get back from holiday broster i need my brake lines soon)

oh and have found a friendly autoglass man to fit my polycarb rears (pics of autoglass man to follow)

Bram

4th Sep 07 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice mate!
jamesvalver

4th Sep 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate. progress is coming along well. the tb's are alot easier to fit and remove in the bay mate.
BeArDy

4th Sep 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i just say. people who are thinking of painting there own cars "DO NOT USE NEWS PAPER TO MASK UP WITH".
Reason for this is, the thinners in the paint can remove the ink from the paper and make it run into your paint.

As for the car looks good mate
wanted to do the differance coloured cage on my twin engine BUT could not be arsed to mask it all up
Ant

5th Sep 07 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james - I hope its easier to fit the tb's seem to have a few hoses to deal with and the throttle linkage looks like an interesting job to say the least.

And beardy yeah i know you shouldnt use newspaper but i was abit lazy when it came to prep so just took the risk, all came out fine anyway :-)
Ant

5th Sep 07 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james - I hope its easier to fit the tb's seem to have a few hoses to deal with and the throttle linkage looks like an interesting job to say the least.

And beardy yeah i know you shouldnt use newspaper but i was abit lazy when it came to prep so just took the risk, all came out fine anyway :-)
dna23

5th Sep 07 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very smart
Lee Wilson

5th Sep 07 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work, Id love to be able to spray/have the equipment. I'm clueless.

Looking clean, at 5kg of wires removed

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2.0 16v TB track 23 database queries in 0.0199411 seconds