corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofer - chavvy/neddy??

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author subwoofer - chavvy/neddy??
Martin_C

User status: Offline
17th Jan 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wonderboy
So many people say "6x9's Suck" "Chuck them in the bin". They have the same opinion as you bigrabbelfast. When i upgraded my front door speakers i noticed a difference in sound quality. It was better. I then added a set of 6x9's and yes the sound quality has improved agian. They may not have the sharp sound which component speakers of coxail speakers have, but it's a cheap way to upgrade you sound system though.

Although they are not needed when you have a sub.

yip, they fight for air with the sub, BUT...

you talk to people in front of you, your ears dont point backwards, so why have sound behind you? i prefer a good set of components, preferably amped, and whatever subs in the rear you choose, be it sq or spl.
Daimo B

17th Jan 07 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C

yip, they fight for air with the sub, BUT...

you talk to people in front of you, your ears dont point backwards, so why have sound behind you? i prefer a good set of components, preferably amped, and whatever subs in the rear you choose, be it sq or spl.

My 2nd setup ran 2 6x9's between the front seats (on a false floor) just behined them. Its about the way the audio bounces off the inside of the car. It was too much and too close. I put the 6x9's in a custom sealed box though and it made a HUGE difference. Putting 6x9's on a shelf (facing upwards) is completly pointless. Might as well get some Argos "home brand" speakers, theyy'll work jsut as well

By the end of it, on mk3-4 system, i ran high pitch up front (ear direction), medium pitch 1/2 way in the rear for backfill (but still in front of the subs), and the subs right at the back as bass vibrates everywhere and is multidriectional in the direction they are facing. The subs were facing the front of the car. (so if people have them in the boot facing the back, it'll bounce off the whole rear off the car and bounce forwards, so people hear it all outside, but inside, you loose a lot of the noise and audio).

When you opened the boot up, it ruined everything and sounded terrible.

[Edited on 17-01-2007 by VXR]
Carl

17th Jan 07 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same concerns, really into my music, and house music sounds poo with no bass. Haven't got the money for expensive bits, was going to get a cheap sub and amp and then a cheap amp for the comps i've already got but never got around to it.

I think one of the strongest stereotypes for me is nobbers going around with happy hardcore banging out of there car, i have not yet once seen this happen where the car and the driver didn't fullfill the stereotype.
ed

17th Jan 07 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just fit it if you want a sub, sell it if you don't. Stop worrying about what other poeple you don't even know think about you. A lot of cars come with subs as standard, or as an optional extra.
Novaneil

17th Jan 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do the install correctly with lots of sound deadening you should be able to hear it outside.... as has already been mentioned.
Demo

17th Jan 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I would love a system again. Who cares what other people think.

agreed.

and if its soundproofed well nobody outside the car will hear it anyway
Wonderboy

17th Jan 07 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Just fit it if you want a sub, sell it if you don't. Stop worrying about what other poeple you don't even know think about you. A lot of cars come with subs as standard, or as an optional extra. [/quote

100% agree. Thats what i have been trying to say all along. Who cars what they think...
Scotty_B

17th Jan 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH one 12" sub isn't going to attract much attention if any.
bubble

17th Jan 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Seriously, when a car goes past with its music blaring, what do you think? You usually find its cars that cant turn heads in any other way that do it aswell.

Each to their own but it aint for me! Think it goes against what a Civic Type R is all about (Well in the shape you have anyway!) Id rather have a quality system myself!

Stu

A sub does help with the sound system. It provides bass, making any song which has bass sound better. It's like having 6x9s. I have 6x9s in my car and so does alot of people. I don't have them for the sake of it i have them to improve sound quality. It proves the bass that my coxails don't.

If he wants bass to improve his sound system, then whats wrong with that ?

6x9s are pathetic. dont improve sql at all, they ruin an audio experience.
best ever audio setup is decent front coaxial's, with a good sub. no rear speakers if poss, or just decent coaxials. 6x9s are designed to throw air much like a sub, and so therefore affect how a sub actually works.

6x9s=bin
Andy Stocker

17th Jan 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do something like what Kindness had in his Skyline when he got it

mk4_astra

17th Jan 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO it becomes chavvy if you drive round town centres with it on full volume with your head leaning out the window and just doing it to 'show off'

i love my music and will always have a decent home and car setup. on main roads and motorways etc i will crank it up but as soon as i enter a town/city i turn it down. stops me feeling like a fool and stops it getting nicked
Scotty_B

17th Jan 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
IMO it becomes chavvy if you drive round town centres with it on full volume with your head leaning out the window and just doing it to 'show off'

i love my music and will always have a decent home and car setup. on main roads and motorways etc i will crank it up but as soon as i enter a town/city i turn it down. stops me feeling like a fool and stops it getting nicked

Exactly how I feel about it.
nik

17th Jan 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just go for a decent amp and components up front, co ax in rear. Not into mega bass, prefer good sound quality any day. Part from anything sub box won't stay strapped down for long in the boot of an Evo
sam-smith

17th Jan 07 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be putting two subs in my car. sounds good if you have the whole rane i reckon
mwg

17th Jan 07 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't give a shit if people think its neddy or chav. I like a good quality sound from my stereo. I don't particularly drive round with my music turned right up in towns anyway.

Its not like I've got Sony Xplod or Mutant stuff.
Sara

17th Jan 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exquisite choice of Alpine equipment may I say
Sara

17th Jan 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Demo
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I would love a system again. Who cares what other people think.

agreed.

and if its soundproofed well nobody outside the car will hear it anyway

Exactly, that's what mine is like
Sara

17th Jan 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra

I'm like that too!
Wonderboy

17th Jan 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

best ever audio setup is decent front coaxial's, with a good sub. no rear speakers if poss, or just decent coaxials. 6x9s are designed to throw air much like a sub, and so therefore affect how a sub actually works.
6x9s=bin

If your going for a good sound system you are probably better to get a set of component speakers instead of coaxials. Componenets driven by an amp and a sub in the boot.

Shold work well
Scotty_B

17th Jan 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I have is Rainbow Components amped up front and a JLW3 12" sub and thats it.
Martin_C

18th Jan 07 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

add sound deadening, are you mad, theres none whatsoever in the car, why add some for a sub

i fancy amping the nakamichi's, but more wiring, more ampage, more weight, nearly asked for a lightweight sub
Gez G

18th Jan 07 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
All I have is Rainbow Components amped up front and a JLW3 12" sub and thats it.

Same as me, good choice mate!
Amps you running?
Cupra Steve
Banned

18th Jan 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want it not to be loud outside then why not sound deaden you boot??? I don't think upgraded sound system is chavvy, i think it's chavvy when you get some boy with his 15" 10,000 watt sub and nothing else so all you can hear is bass, but aslong as you have enough vocals (ie components) it would sound good, and i know R12's sound good as my brother had one in his BMW. What V12 amp are you powering it with?
Adam-D

18th Jan 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like my bass, if i got it ill use it,

if ppl dont like it, fuck it, by the time they have seen,heard me im gone again so why worry
Cupra Steve
Banned

18th Jan 07 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Seriously, when a car goes past with its music blaring, what do you think? You usually find its cars that cant turn heads in any other way that do it aswell.

Each to their own but it aint for me! Think it goes against what a Civic Type R is all about (Well in the shape you have anyway!) Id rather have a quality system myself!

Stu

A sub does help with the sound system. It provides bass, making any song which has bass sound better. It's like having 6x9s. I have 6x9s in my car and so does alot of people. I don't have them for the sake of it i have them to improve sound quality. It proves the bass that my coxails don't.

If he wants bass to improve his sound system, then whats wrong with that ?

6x9s=bin

No that is bollocks, i have 6x9's in the 106 and although they weren't setup properly when i got it, it is now, the 6x9's in my shelf are amp'd up on high pass filter so there is no bass going to them and they are very competent of producing good sound quality, then as the speaker is facing straight up to the window the sound bounces off that and sends it towards the front, again coaxials are not as good as components. i have then got coaxial's in the rear quarter pockets just to make a bit more noise.

So i have 6 speakers (components in the doors aswell) procucing treble and mid range but i only have 1 12" sub, imo a 12" sub and just a set of front door speakers would sound shit, you certainly wouldn't be able to turn up the bass without totally over powering the vocals. Even my mum gets in my car and loves the sound system. So not chavvy imo, also you can have the music up very loud, the sub kicking as hard as it can and with windows and doors shut you can hardly notice it outside, the boot rattles a little but if i was going through a busy high street you wouldn't notice that!!!

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by Cupra Steve]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofer - chavvy/neddy?? 22 database queries in 0.0178671 seconds