corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lucas Neill

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lucas Neill
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
18th Jan 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Maybe he wants to play in the Championship?

jr

18th Jan 07 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Spoke to him then? How the fuck do you know it's for the money?

WHU if they get their act together could easily challenge Blackburn.

They won't go down either IMO.

I know Liverpool werent offering more than 35k a week, I know Blackburn (where he is capt and loved) only offered around 40k a week and I know WHU have offered a lot more than that. I also know WHU are currently in a relagation spot and will be battling to stay up and not anywhere near targetting a european place which he could of joined a club aiming for that.

So if it wasnt for money what was it?!

im not saying this is or isnt the case, but we have payed well over the odd in terms of wages for him, and as yet no fee has been agreed

maybe he thought, fuck, i'll get payed loads more, and the chance to become a bit of a hero, as i could been seen as keeping West Ham up, and 2, players in the mold of neil are usally regarded as heros at WH because of there style of play

he could do that, or become a squad player, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by jr]
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
im not saying this is or isnt the case, but we have payed well over the odd in terms of wages for him, and as yet no fee has been agreed

maybe he thought, fuck, i'll get payed loads more, and the chance to become a bit of a hero, as i could been seen as keeping West Ham up, and 2, players in the mold of neil are usally regarded as heros at WH because of there style of play

he could do that, or become a squad player, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

he is a hero at Blackburn already though, and capt of the club. He isnt going to become that at WHU. Also, even if WHU stay up (big if) they will only ever be the same quality as Blackburn are...atleast for the 2 1/2 years he will be there anyway.

So other than being in London the only other difference is money!
jr

18th Jan 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are a better side than blackburn on paper IMO, or at least equal

started his carrear in london, so even if he wants a move back wheres the problem

and why isnt he going to become a hero, how can you say that before he even signs ? look at the people that have gone before him and regarded as great players for us
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

started his carrear in london, so even if he wants a move back wheres the problem

and why isnt he going to become a hero, how can you say that before he even signs ? look at the people that have gone before him and regarded as great players for us

doesnt matter about on paper, your in the relagation zone and they arent! Its like me saying Liverpool have a better side than Utd on paper (they do!) but they are the ones who are top.

And I agree about being in London, its the only other thing than money for his move. And I didnt mean he wont become a hero, I meant capt.
Nath

18th Jan 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

jr

18th Jan 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

doesnt matter about on paper, your in the relagation zone and they arent! Its like me saying Liverpool have a better side than Utd on paper (they do!) but they are the ones who are top.

And I agree about being in London, its the only other thing than money for his move. And I didnt mean he wont become a hero, I meant capt.

yes, but what im getting at is the team on paprer is at least the same, performances have let us down, hence our postion, good players dont become bad ones overnight

IMO were a step down in terms of postion currently, but thats it
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
yes, but what im getting at is the team on paprer is at least the same, performances have let us down, hence our postion, good players dont become bad ones overnight

IMO were a step down in terms of postion currently, but thats it

yeah, I dont doubt you should stay up with your squad, but what Im getting at is that WHU are no better than Blackburn really, so not like he is moving to a better club.

Thats why I think its plainly down to money...other than the location!

jr

18th Jan 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok now i agree
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
ok now i agree

you did in your ver first post
Tom

18th Jan 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that bothered tbh he's very hated and over-rated imo (poet and... well I knew it)
Carl

18th Jan 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he wants a new challenge in his career.
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

by going to a club at practically the same level as the one he is leaving
Carl

18th Jan 07 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Carl

by going to a club at practically the same level as the one he is leaving

you said yourself that blackburn arn't in a relegation battle. Maybe he sees WHU as a bigger club with more history and would like to be established there. (than blackburn that is) Liverpool not included as wouldn't be first team player, more of a squad man.

I agree though probably mainly for the money, you can't say for certain though.

[Edited on 18-01-2007 by Carl]
J da Silva

18th Jan 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

Well if Utd are top of the premiership, then they are the better squad, on paper and on pitch.
Cosmo

18th Jan 07 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
Well if Utd are top of the premiership, then they are the better squad, on paper and on pitch.

thats what I was trying to get across. The league doesnt lie as its over a large number of games.
J da Silva

18th Jan 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've all missed a possible reason for leaving, maybe he's fell out with someone at Blackburn, alot of dressing room/training pitch bust-ups aren't reported, maybe this is the case and he feels unliked by fellow players/staff.
ed_jones

19th Jan 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think hes fallen out with anyone, he just got too big for his boots after his world cup performances.

im a blackburn fan and although he does give away a fair few penalties i still think he has been one of the best right backs in the league for a few years now behing gary neville. he is great going forward with a mazy run and not a bad crosser either. i wonder if west ham will let him go forward as much as blackburn did with their position in the league.
Hammer

20th Jan 07 at 05:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

West ham are better than Liverpool
Jamie Walby

20th Jan 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
West ham are better than Liverpool

I agree.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lucas Neill 23 database queries in 0.0132110 seconds