corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance on a car while banned?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance on a car while banned?
Lupogti

User status: Offline
25th Jan 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will for the audi TT that i have been planning to buy in may and have been saving up to buy for the past two years
City

25th Jan 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lupogti
it will for the audi TT that i have been planning to buy in may and have been saving up to buy for the past two years

ok let me put it this way you gonna buy a car and not drive it, waste of money and then pay insurance for it while its sat there waste of money, by law you have to state your dr10 so will increase premium, all a complete waste of money

save up the money your gonna waste on the above towards next years premium
makes little difference the years no claims as you have to state to insurance your dr10 they will know you havent been driving cause of the ban
deano87

25th Jan 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by City
quote:

ok let me put it this way you gonna buy a car and not drive it, waste of money and then pay insurance for it while its sat there waste of money, by law you have to state your dr10 so will increase premium, all a complete waste of money

makes little difference the years no claims as you have to state to insurance your dr10 they will know you havent been driving cause of the ban

Isn't a years no claims a years no claims though, no matter what?

That's is like saying, you didn't drive a car for a year because you had broken legs and weren't allowed to keep the no claims because you weren't driving at the time.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but he'll be spending the money he'd save.
Lupogti

25th Jan 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trust me ill save more money in the long run with two year NCB, plus i have to pay one months premium to cancel at £170
City

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by City
quote:

Isn't a years no claims a years no claims though, no matter what?

That's is like saying, you didn't drive a car for a year because you had broken legs and weren't allowed to keep the no claims because you weren't driving at the time.

you would have a years no claims yes
but at my company this would be forwarded to me as a underwriter as you had a dr10 and under 25, for mew to make a decsion etc

in these cases i wouldnt allows the year bonus discount
deano87

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
but he'll be spending the money he'd save.

Fair point.
City

25th Jan 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
trust me ill save more money in the long run with two year NCB, plus i have to pay one months premium to cancel at £170

fair enough do what you think
mav

25th Jan 07 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st law of insurance..

You have to own it to insure it by rights.
Jules S
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be very surprised to find a company prepared to insure a driver currently serving a ban for a Dr10
M2RTY

25th Jan 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
I'd be very surprised to find a company prepared to insure a driver currently serving a ban for a Dr10

cause u can

if u have a car that does 0 miles you still have to insure it if you dont want it going missing with 0 payout, or if its on a public road etc

my mate insures a g reg polo that was scrapped some years ago
mav

25th Jan 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is scrapped he doesn't own it then....I can't see how you can insure a scrapped car? surely must be some kind of fraud.
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance on a car while banned? 22 database queries in 0.0119979 seconds