corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got done over by halfords today opinions

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author got done over by halfords today opinions
Ben ev

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 07 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
If it was me id be back there 1st thing tomorrow, wouldnt leave it!!!

is this the best thing to do do you think or wait to hear. imo the longer i leave it the easier it is to fob me off?
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The longer you leave it, the harder it is to convince them that you haven't replaced the oil with the old stuff.
Adam_B

3rd Feb 07 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go back ASAP. They have to exchange it at least. If they are arsey you need to go higher up.
Robin
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or pour it over the manager, grab another bottle and leg it
mav

3rd Feb 07 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have took it right back and demanded an exchange, your contract of sale is with halfords not Mobil 1 FFS....Don't leave the shop until they gave you it...

I done this with an Armani top that shrunk and they tried to they would send it to Armani to get checked etc..I never left the shop and demanded an exchange and I got one, about an hr later..
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 07 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
should have took it right back and demanded an exchange, your contract of sale is with halfords not Mobil 1 FFS....Don't leave the shop until they gave you it...

I done this with an Armani top that shrunk and they tried to they would send it to Armani to get checked etc..I never left the shop and demanded an exchange and I got one, about an hr later..

you and your dodgy shirts

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
mav

3rd Feb 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was £100, it shrunk I wanted it changed
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably wont even phone you back, seriously as soon as I found out it was dodgy id be back to the shop fucking fumming..............imaging the damage it could have caused to your car if you had been unaware it was spent oil & put it in your car Go back asap & go off your head!!
Colin

3rd Feb 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

Its true though mav, cause a scene & you get results, ive done it too, I would never accept 'we'll get on to the folk that made it & get back to you Like fuck you will....gimmi my money!!
Ben ev

3rd Feb 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i will go back in the morning but dont see the point in loosing tempers. will stay in the store untill i get a satisfactory conclusion ie exchange, refund or credit note. car has no oil in it so dont care how its done but need some in a rush! like colin said could of caused some damage if i didnt notice with a super hot turbo being fed spent oil!
mav

3rd Feb 07 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly
Ben ev

4th Feb 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, went back to today calm ad collected but halfords were having none of it. told me to go away so i pulled out a chair and said ime sitting here untill. was there for about 3 hours with the manageress making xcusses and looking though reciepts etc. said they were going to call the police if i didnt leave so invited them to use my phone to call them. after looking through company policy etc finally convinced them that i wasnt pulling a fast one but had to start getting lairy and caused abit of a scene. they poured out some of the returned and some fromanother container to make a comparison and there faces were a picture to remeber. lol
took all my details and wot not but got an exchange in the end. patients is a virtue!!
Fad

4th Feb 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats crazy? Why are you spending £50 on 15w 40? fully synth? Is that to go into the LET? If so why dont you use 10w.40 semi synth VAuxhall oils...all the high power LETs i know of use this?
Ben ev

4th Feb 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes going in let, turbo is a t3 dosnt have water jacket around the bearing so ful syth is the only way to go to keep sufficient oil pressure on idle
rema-d

4th Feb 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, fucking take it back and get in their face.

£50 for some oil. take it back, say you brought it the other day when you took the lid off the seal was already broken
corb

4th Feb 07 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think JM16v got confused by the post picture.

And yes, I can imagine someone resealing the cap back up with superglue or something and taking it back for a refund with shit oil in there. not so far-fetched tbh adam.
Wonderboy

4th Feb 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done you
Carl

4th Feb 07 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They must be a set off jobsworths or you look like a pikey! It's a ballache of a situation but like has been said could have been loads worse if you had not noticed and it fubared your engine.
Colin

4th Feb 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done
Colin

4th Feb 07 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
they poured out some of the returned and some fromanother container to make a comparison and there faces were a picture to remeber.

What happened when they done this???

I wouldnt stop there, 3hrs to get that sorted pfffft..........letter to head office next telling them what happened, how you were treated & tell them your not happy & want an apology/compo for your trouble/wasted time

[Edited on 04-02-2007 by Colin]
Mase
Premium Member

4th Feb 07 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd send something off, if I was you.... they will no doubt send out some vouchers or something...

Customer Services Department
Halfords Plc
Redditch
Worcestershire
B98 0DE

customer.services@halfords.co.uk

[Edited on 04-02-2007 by Mase]

Mase
Adam C
Premium Member

4th Feb 07 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work at my local halfords, been there a year, yes its a shitty place and it sounds like they have messed up, id say someone used it brought i back and the person on the till put it back out, ive seen the idiots in my halfords just put refunded things straight back on the shelf.
I would lay the law down with them, and how the manage treated you was disgusting, i would definatly say somethng to head office.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
GT4Brody

4th Feb 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
it is possible if a little far fetched but i fear this could happen

customer a buys oil uses it and puts old in container, seals it back up then goes to the store, or another store in the area, gets a refund for whatever reason

now the cashier most probably doesnt know, or think to check the seal so places the "unused oil" back on the shelf,

now customer b "you" goes in buys the oil gets it home and viola, you have 5 litres of shit old oil,...

just a theroy in this day and age some scamming low life will do this,

thats exactly what i was thinking
Ben ev

4th Feb 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad i have been backed up with this one, although havnt had a bad experience with halfords before this so not going to slate them till the cows come home.
poured the samples as i was about to leave when they had already agreed to exchange it which is why i was there so long!!
noticed aswell that the first stuff i bought didnt have the second rig pull on the plastic funnel that comes out of the cap when you pull it.
advice to everyone would be to check what your buying even if its a ballache because halfords seem to think people make a living out of ripping them off??!
all's well that ends well
M2RTY

4th Feb 07 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen it happen all the time in sheffield when i worked there

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » got done over by halfords today opinions 23 database queries in 0.0187211 seconds