corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I just...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I just...
Daimo B

User status: Offline
14th Jun 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't it give you a stiffy?

It would me, the window would be a whitish colour

You work for a Ducati dealer. Do you have many Benellis or MV's in?
Dean_W

14th Jun 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, I don't work for them. My office is above it.

There was an MV in a month or two back. Augusta F4.....my Dad promptly bought it. Lovely bike.
Daimo B

14th Jun 07 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Tony, post invasion..

Aye, after my old mans Benelli got written of, he bought an F4R, put about £2k's worth of Carbon Fibre parts, rode it twice, and is already complaining that its hurting his shoulders

I said ride it for the summer, and i'll buy it off him for £1k in the winter (£16k bike + carbon etc.. )

He politley told me to get lost Im still waiting for it to be run in so i can baggsy a go (he wrote off the benelli before I got a go GUTTED isn't the word, beutiful machine).

Just make sure your leathered, booted, gloved up Tony. I whinged at all my friends to do it when they got their bikes. I've seen to many horror stories.

Oh, and also, whatever you think your brakes can do, stop you quick enough, they can't..... Be weary of pedestrians (presume your gonna ride to work???), cars doing U-turns, and white lines and drains in the wet. London roads in the wet are like ice rinks, covered in oil and diesel. Ride it like its on ice.

We will have to get everyone out for a big ride out 1 day.
Half Pint

14th Jun 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments all.

Well i'd always had a liking for the duke and this one was just too good to miss. was thinking a little too adventerous with a ZXR 400 so the duke will be a good starting point.

as for the maintenance, well those of you who know me i'm a little ott when it comes to keeping with a maintenance schedules and given that i love to tinker it should keep me busy of the weekend. I know they have always had issues with maintenance but we if we want something we'll buy it, christ my last car was french!

It's going to be a weekend/summer bike as i will keep my speefight ped for commuting into london every day, that's done 31,000 km + and just keeps going.

As for the mods... first will be the carbon cans as i love the sound of my uncles 748 SPS then i'll get an uprated clutch plate/cover.

it's all too excitng and still don't know how i'll survive without a car until the track corsa is built.

Damio once i'm up and about i'll give you a shout for a few sunday miles!
Half Pint

14th Jun 07 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for the clothing i already have the full gear and will be buying new stuff for a new bike, even in 90o heat i'll still wear full armour as you never know whats around that corner.
Tom

14th Jun 07 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@D good lad, very jealous of anyone who's got a bike. My bro has just bought an sv as his first bike, v-twins with smallish capacity are meant to be great first bikes although pretty sure you'll be bored within a year and after some revage. Love the noise of a nice twin with some cans on, my mates got a tl1000r with scorpions on
Stu

14th Jun 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say its a great choice for your first bike!!!

My Dad bought his brand new, did 2500 miles on it in about 18 months without a single issue! They are a lot more reliable than they used to be! Too many people hear things about cars and bikes and take it as gospel (Altho everything you hear about TVR unreliability is absolutely 100% true!! )
jr

14th Jun 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"goes off to look for honda bros's"
Daimo B

14th Jun 07 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never doubted you dude, you've got your head screwed on. Good to hear your a 90 degree, but still full leathers person. Its onyl when you stop you get hot anyway. Just keep riding hard and fast, easily sorted

Oooohhhh ZXR400, oh oh oh, would have been hard pressed to chose between them. I love the little qwaks. 140mph, small, light, good brakes. Nice little bikes. Just as quick as a twin 650 too.

Definatly. Im a respectable rider. I ride to the weakest persons comfort zone. Never any point in riding hard if the newer riders can't keep up (so ride hard to keep up and bin it).

Theres some cracking roads between Maidstone and Tonbridge, and my old man took me down a few roads just off the A25 the other week. Not much run-off, but some good roads, good grip levels and some great corners (funny enough, we were going to pickup his MV4F ).
Dean_W

14th Jun 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Aye, after my old mans Benelli got written of, he bought an F4R, put about £2k's worth of Carbon Fibre parts, rode it twice, and is already complaining that its hurting his shoulders

It's funny how all these older dudes buy fast, head down arse up bikes. Bad back anyone?
Daimo B

14th Jun 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's already got 2 slipped disks that were removed last year He's a nightmare my old man, broken neck, shattered foot, broken ribbs, gangreen in his arm, boken thigh bones and pelvis, and more ribbs, the list goes on and on...

I have noticed though, the people with family already into bikes go for a 400cc-650 twin as a first bike, then move up.

And those with no knowledge of bikes go straight for a SS 600cc...

Just an observation over the last few years. Thats why I know Tonys got his head screwed on right.
Half Pint

14th Jun 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad

15th Jun 07 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Tony, lass atwork just sold hers for peanuts cos she never used it.

She also mentioned if was one of the fewbikes she coud get on with being 5 foot
Half Pint

15th Jun 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Nice one Tony, lass atwork just sold hers for peanuts cos she never used it.

She also mentioned if was one of the fewbikes she coud get on with being 5 foot

BASTID
jr

16th Jun 07 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
Thanks for the comments all.

Well i'd always had a liking for the duke and this one was just too good to miss. was thinking a little too adventerous with a ZXR 400 so the duke will be a good starting point.

as for the maintenance, well those of you who know me i'm a little ott when it comes to keeping with a maintenance schedules and given that i love to tinker it should keep me busy of the weekend. I know they have always had issues with maintenance but we if we want something we'll buy it, christ my last car was french!

It's going to be a weekend/summer bike as i will keep my speefight ped for commuting into london every day, that's done 31,000 km + and just keeps going.

As for the mods... first will be the carbon cans as i love the sound of my uncles 748 SPS then i'll get an uprated clutch plate/cover.

it's all too excitng and still don't know how i'll survive without a car until the track corsa is built.

Damio once i'm up and about i'll give you a shout for a few sunday miles!

is the audi dead then ?
Half Pint

17th Jun 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT, with pics on pg 1 now
jr

17th Jun 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice mate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I just... 22 database queries in 0.0151069 seconds