corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol)
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Jul 07 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive spend £22,000 on my Corsa and i dont regret it at all. I love driving it and i have made so many friends through having the car.

I dont think i would do it to that extent again, but it has been something i have always wanted to do.
Ash_EP3

18th Jul 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I think of it like this... say you've spent £10k on your car... if someone gave you £10k what car would you buy?? (lol your gonna say a Corsa & Modify it arent you )
FasT09

18th Jul 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv spent about 4k on mine and it cost 2.5k which my parents bought

I cant help modifying it though and never regretted anything.
RCoughtrie

18th Jul 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
Well I think of it like this... say you've spent £10k on your car... if someone gave you £10k what car would you buy?? (lol your gonna say a Corsa & Modify it arent you )

would i fook

The cost of doing it happens over time like bits here and there, its wasnt instant for me

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by RCoughtrie]
FasT09

18th Jul 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye me i did it over 4 years
BeArDy

18th Jul 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few things to say about this fact as loads of people ask why.
One of the main reasons is because its a hobby and an enjoyment. People spend money on there hobbys, people spend £30 a week on books because they like reading etc.
Also why do people question the fact and says its wrong; where 1000's go out a spend £100 a week on beer and nights out on the town but thats ok but spending £100 and are cars is a waste.
The other fact is we may buy a £1000 car and spend £5000 doing it up BUT at the time of buying the car 99% of people in the game only have £1000 to start with. They do not have £6000 and think i will buy a car for £1000 and spend the rest doing it up. An this is the what i say when i always get told "you could buy a Ferrari for the ammount you spent on that".

The fact is its not about money its about what people enjoy, if i owned a Bugatti veyron i would still try and add my own touches etc.

My Cars -

Corsa V6 spent stupid ammount but i dont reget any of it, every time i did somthing it felt really good. An even now it nice to drag her out and enjoy it.
Twin engine corsa again on stuipd ammounts of money and i will carry on spending more on it (i think last time i totaled up the RRP of EACH engine it was about £7000) BUT i love it, saving up buying abit, then doing somemore work on it.

I feel i would be bored and have to find somthing to do if i wasnet thinking about the next thing on the list of things to do or buy.
I am already thinking about what next after the twin engine corsa.

I dont think i will ever stop....................

P1CK4D

18th Jul 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy

Neither do I. Its just something I enjoy doing. I will be one of those sad old men who look like they're having a Mid-life crises..
Ash_EP3

18th Jul 07 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, I guess the situation is diff for diff ppl, the more senior (older ppl) on here would have worked and saved up money over time - I respect that and I imagine you enjoy driving your car and appreciate it!

I guess I just get annoyed when i see young people in their modded cars which they have payed no £££ for and have had their MUM&DAD pay for all of it & then THEY drive around thinking they are the dog's B****X

And trust me I know quite a few ppl who have had that! (a m8 of mine for example has had his old man buy him 4 cars and pay the insurance for him on all of them!)

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by S214_UPP]
BeArDy

18th Jul 07 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not at all mate thats the main reason alot of people on here own other cars but still use the site. They started with a corsa played around with it for a few years made alot of friend. Sold the corsa and moved onto another car.
Ash_EP3

18th Jul 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy mate how long have you owned your Corsa <---------- ??? can you do anything else to it? lol
Daimo B

18th Jul 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Most of the time i got...

Other: What a waste of money, you could have bought a porsche instead of driving that corsa about and spending silly money on it....

Me: Please tell me what Porsche I could possible buy at 18, pay the insurance, pay to run it, pay to service it, and then modify it at my pleasure? I'd love to know? Porsche or Corsa, hmmmmmmmmm. Use your head instead of your wallet pal.

99% of people would always shut up. Why do we do it, becuase i'd rather do it in a small car I could afford to do it on, and wouldn't devestate my life if i binned it. Also far more forgiving in a smaller engined car.

Oh, if someone wants to offer me £10k btw, im all ears. I'll spnd £3k doing another track car, and pay some of my house off

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by VXR]
Iain M

18th Jul 07 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy

Neither do I. Its just something I enjoy doing. I will be one of those sad old men who look like they're having a Mid-life crises..

Don't think i will stop either. The way i look at it is the difference between men and boys is that their toys get bigger
Daimo B

18th Jul 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok, I guess the situation is diff for diff ppl, the more senior (older ppl) on here would have worked and saved up money over time - I respect that and I imagine you enjoy driving your car and appreciate it!

I guess I just get annoyed when i see young people in their modded cars which they have payed no £££ for and have had their MUM&DAD pay for all of it & then THEY drive around thinking they are the dog's B****X

And trust me I know quite a few ppl who have had that! (a m8 of mine for example has had his old man buy him 4 cars and pay the insurance for him on all of them!)

[Edited on 18-07-2007 by S214_UPP]
#

No, its just us older people have been there and done it and know to save a small amount for the car, and loads sorting it out.

When your young, you wanna spend out on a car, and spend as little as possible to make it that much better.

Wisdom comes with age

As for mummies and daddies boys, am I jealous, yes of course. Would have loved to have had my lessons, my insurance, my fuel, and even my car paid for, but the simple fact is, my parents could never afford anything like that, so I made do with what I could save for.

You can't change how rich and lucky some people are, even if they are completly ignorent of it (PAris Hilton for example). Nothing you can do, so just ignore it. Daddy will buy them another car once they've wrapped that brand new 330i as a first car round a tree.
Ash_EP3

18th Jul 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Most of the time i got...

Other: What a waste of money, you could have bought a porsche instead of driving that corsa about and spending silly money on it....

Me: Please tell me what Porsche I could possible buy at 18, pay the insurance, pay to run it, pay to service it, and then modify it at my pleasure? I'd love to know? Porsche or Corsa, hmmmmmmmmm. Use your head instead of your wallet pal.

99% of people would always shut up. Why do we do it, becuase i'd rather do it in a small car I could afford to do it on, and wouldn't devestate my life if i binned it. Also far more forgiving in a smaller engined car.

Like I said mate all depends on your own personal situation.... its a mixed age group on here..
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine for £2000. I think I've spent about another £2000 on it.

End of the day tho, for me anyway, I don't drink, so don't go out every weekend spending loads so most of my money goes on my car instead. Always makes me feel better aswell when I've just done something new, look at my car and think, that was money well spent. And then smile like that.
Daimo B

18th Jul 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like I said mate all depends on your own personal situation.... its a mixed age group on here..

Yup, i'd love a supercar, but reality is, i'll never own one, let alone when I was 18. Those comments really used to get on my tits. Now we just laugh at the other persons ignorence towards others
ed

18th Jul 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to make money doing everyhthing you know.
mwg

18th Jul 07 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I regret spending the minimal amount that I've spent on mine. Cant imagine spending the amount some people have Rather a new car
Little Vik

18th Jul 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive spent my money over a period of time and sold alot of the bits i pulled off the car. So its not as bad as the receipts show but its my money and i do what i want with it, my cars are my life and its my hobby. But it is the same as pissing money away
Colin

18th Jul 07 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All cars are going to be a waste of money, ask yer Dad how much his mondeo cost in 2004 & what its worth now
SAL
Premium Member

18th Jul 07 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who gives a fuck what your parents say you aint going to learn nothing listening to them, you will learn by your own mistakes...

Daimo B

18th Jul 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I care what my parents said. Im respectful of them.

I also learnt a lot of my mum and dad. Be very suprised if anyone said otherwise.
drunkenfool

18th Jul 07 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought mine for around £1500 I think, musta spent £8k+ on it with the wheels, brakes, suspension, bodykit, respray, throttle bodied 2 litre engine etc etc. At the end of the day I dont look at it as an investment cos you'd have to be stupid to think like thast, Its something I get a lot of enjoyment out of and have met a lot of nice people along the way.
coke-gsi16v

18th Jul 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start all over again
dan_c4rsa

18th Jul 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought mine for just under 2k

spent 300 all together on new engine and parts.

i plan to spend more on throttle bodies, and a rebuild.
new suspension.
buckets.
Mini dash
respray
new exhaust system.

etc etc i could go on

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ohh Dear... (you're all gonna hate me for this lol) 22 database queries in 0.0147951 seconds