corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rob Styles....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rob Styles....
Cosmo

User status: Offline
20th Aug 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I can see it now.

May 2008:
[Benitez] We would've won the league had we not been robbed last AUGUST[/Benitez]

I'll be happy if we are in a position come May where 3pts is the difference between us winning the league and not doing!!
corsa - gus

20th Aug 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, these things do even out, however i always seem to think that two major fuck ups in a match (essien red card and pen) is a joke, at the highest level things like this should happen once in a blue moon! however it is a regular occurence in the premiership these days.
rob_zetec

20th Aug 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is getting harder for them in games, there is alot more cheating in games now, so it is more difficult for them to tell what is a foul or not, he is only human, but the fiasco with essian was a joke
Cosmo

20th Aug 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rob_zetec
it is getting harder for them in games, there is alot more cheating in games now, so it is more difficult for them to tell what is a foul or not, he is only human, but the fiasco with essian was a joke

have you seen the pen he gave? There was nothing there to make it hard for him, wasnt the quickest of play, he was very very well placed, etc. It was just a bad decision, it wasnt a difficult decision due to any other factors.
rob_zetec

20th Aug 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have seen it over and over, i can see why people are annoyed but its a split second, i know he has a good view, but i bet when most people saw it at first they thought that could be a penalty... when you see it over and over you can see it isnt
Cosmo

20th Aug 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw it once, sat about 50m away and knew it wasnt a pen. It wasnt such a fast move for him to make the decision, it was obvious he wasnt near the ball and was jumping up before it even went past him.

I agree that sometimes things go too fast for one guy to not make any mistakes, but this isnt one of those cases at all. If it was then all this fuss wouldnt of been kicked up.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 07 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
The blokes only Human and he's made a mistake and owned up to it, fair play to him. They way some Liverpool fans have been going on about is as if it were the end of the world.

It is a massive deal though TBH. Chelsea got a point they shouldnt of, and we didnt get 2pts we should of, so come the end of the season a 3pt difference between us could decide who wins the title and who doesnt.

The two points you dropped there make up for the two points you gained from a fantastic free kick, that shouldn't have been a free kick
antscorsa

20th Aug 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or maybe justice for the dodgy pen u got agaisnt sheff utd last year to save form defeat?
--DAN--

20th Aug 07 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean where Gerrard dived?
Hammer

20th Aug 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Individual incidents invariably will level off over a few seasons, it doesn't help ease the anger at the time though and we've all been there!!!
Russ

20th Aug 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same ref who gave it aswell, but to be fair, that penalty looked like a penalty more than yesterdays attack on finnan
antscorsa

20th Aug 07 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if finnan had gone down yesterday i dont think he would of given it!
Russ

20th Aug 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
if finnan had gone down yesterday i dont think he would of given it!
finnan is irsh, they arent allowed to dive
Cosmo

20th Aug 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck - bit different getting a freekick 30yrds out from goal for something that gets given and doesnt 50/50, to being given a pen. If your going to bring that up we may aswell bring up any slight decision (throw in going the wrong way, missed handball on the centre spot, etc.) that got given the wrong way.

Ant - agreed. Like I said they do even themselves up. Again though, that decision last season was one where sometimes they are given and sometimes they arent. This one though was stone wall not a pen, and the ref was only 5yrds from it at the time.

antscorsa

20th Aug 07 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i was only joking about last year!

100% agree with the pen yesterday tho, i dont even think any chlesea players where askgin for a pen, drogba looked shocked!!
strick206

21st Aug 07 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Eck - bit different getting a freekick 30yrds out from goal for something that gets given and doesnt 50/50, to being given a pen. If your going to bring that up we may aswell bring up any slight decision (throw in going the wrong way, missed handball on the centre spot, etc.) that got given the wrong way.

Ant - agreed. Like I said they do even themselves up. Again though, that decision last season was one where sometimes they are given and sometimes they arent. This one though was stone wall not a pen, and the ref was only 5yrds from it at the time.

I agree it is a bit different with the free kick, but while were on that subject, the scorer of the free kick shouldnt of been on the pitch as he should have been banned for punching a player in the face, and if were bringing that up, he wouldnt have been on the pitch to play that fantastic ball to torres either
corsa - gus

21st Aug 07 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob styles is on the board of the construction company who does work for roman abramovich! just read it in the gossip column on the bbc news website.
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
rob styles is on the board of the construction company who does work for roman abramovich! just read it in the gossip column on the bbc news website.

aye I read this before on BBCs gossip column
Eck
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie Walby - I think Sheff United would have stayed up if Liverpool never got that dodgey penalty at the start of last season
Cosmo

21st Aug 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
Jamie Walby - I think Sheff United would have stayed up if Liverpool never got that dodgey penalty at the start of last season

he forgot the return game at Anfield too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rob Styles.... 23 database queries in 0.0118451 seconds