corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » handling

Poll: handling
  400bhp track set up fwd
  400bhp track set up 4wd

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author handling
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth John
I assume we are talking 400bhp corsas!?

Has any1 got a 4x4?

no not at all, 400bhp fwd be it an integra, a civic, a 106, it doesnt really matter what it is, 200kg lighter than a 4wd car both are track prepared. its the theory, the cars are irrelevant
Gareth

23rd Sep 07 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen as its 400bhp then its got to be 4x4 be say it was 150-200bhp track setup i might go with 2wd.

Gareth

23rd Sep 07 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually 4x4 would always handle better but 2wd might be quicker round track
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth John
actually 4x4 would always handle better but 2wd might be quicker round track

yeah, id not have much doubts that overall the fwd might be quicker, but i seriously cant even begin to think it would handle better.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Sep 07 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we've a worked example here from BTCC a few years ago when the 4wd Audis were given weight penalties as they were walking the races against 2wd stuff with the same power.

Also with that amount of power the weight disadvantage becomes less apparent. If we were talking half the power then perhaps it would be more critical but 400bhp is enough to need the traction and be able to carry the running gear for it.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of interest ian do you know what the weight penatly was?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Sep 07 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4wd will have better grip! the weight difference i dont know how much it will effect it though
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found it, penalty was 95kg's
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure whatever opinion anybody has about the matter you will banish and tell them they're wrong anyway. pointless thread.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
im sure whatever opinion anybody has about the matter you will banish and tell them they're wrong anyway. pointless thread.

how is it poiintless? becuase you know nothing on the subject and it doesnt invlove pictures of your car?

i asked for a discussion, not a prick like you to reply.
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:

how is it poiintless? becuase you know nothing on the subject and it doesnt invlove pictures of your car?

i asked for a discussion, not a prick like you to reply.

i have given u a reason why i thinks its pointless so read my reply before calling me names please. and by the way you have pretty much proven my point by stating that i know nothing about the matter. you're so predictable its untrue.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you know then? share with me your knowledge?

have you driven a 400bhp fwd car round corners? have you driven a 400bhp 4wd car round corners?

enlighten us please
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what do you know then? share with me your knowledge?

have you driven a 400bhp fwd car round corners? have you driven a 400bhp 4wd car round corners?

enlighten us please

yeh i have two zonda's. one 4wd and one fwd (both converted) and they have both been rebuilt to produce 400bhp. i drove the 4wd with some bricks in the car to add extra weight. i drove them both around spaghetti junction. i feel the 4wd zonda grips better and is more stable whereas the fwd understeers slightly.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so basically you havent got a clue have you.
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yes. i have just told you how i feel on the matter. gosh do u not read anything properly?
sam-smith

23rd Sep 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 wheel steering is the way forwards
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yes. i have just told you how i feel on the matter. gosh do u not read anything properly?

i had already assumed you would contribute nothing other than utter garbage, its just in your nature to pretend you know things you dont i guess.
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not in my nature at all mate. i didnt reply acting as if i know lots about a cars handling. ive only ever owned 2 corsa's and a 1.0 H reg fiesta and you say corsa's are of inferior build and have terrible handling so therefore i am probably in no position to comment as i have never driven a car running 400bhp. im mearly having a laugh. not taking neither myself or yourself seriously. however my first post was me being serious as im yet to see you take others views into consideration. that my friend, is your nature.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i often take others views into consideration. i asked for peoples opinions, i have responded to some of them wanting a discussion about it. you posted up only as a form of baiting, nothing else, if you say you werent taking it seriously? then why is the rest of the topic had a few issues asked and answered before your pathetic reply to look cool to your mates?
BarnshaW

23rd Sep 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baiting is a punishable offence u know
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
baiting is a punishable offence u know

thats all 'thegsi' does, has nothing constructive to say other than to post a form of baiting wanting a reaction. your quite sad for doing it really.
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i often take others views into consideration. i asked for peoples opinions, i have responded to some of them wanting a discussion about it. you posted up only as a form of baiting, nothing else, if you say you werent taking it seriously? then why is the rest of the topic had a few issues asked and answered before your pathetic reply to look cool to your mates?

ok maybe you do. u are learning. well done. but im yet to witness it. im not taking it seriously, thats correct. wot the hell does that have to do with others replies? and im not trying to be cool and i know maybe 3 or 4 people on here personally so i wouldnt say i had mates on here either as ive never met them. baiting? im not that pathetic mate you can take my word for it. and if i was replying for 'baiting' you're just as pathetic for rising to it.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

and none of that was baiting waiting for a response, no, none of it at all..............

glad i quoted it so you didnt go deleting them to make it look like your all innocent as usual..........
thegsi

23rd Sep 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

and none of that was baiting waiting for a response, no, none of it at all..............

glad i quoted it so you didnt go deleting them to make it look like your all innocent as usual..........

no it wasnt. it was an opinion. if you want to reply then thats your decision mate. and i never delete replies to make myself look innocent. you're an absolute fucking twat muppetsport and you need to grow up and stop picking at everything and give people a break. im not going to delete that. end of mate.
Nic Barnes

23rd Sep 07 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your opinion is......

im sure whatever opinion anybody has about the matter you will banish and tell them they're wrong anyway

and thats in context with the rest of this thread? or, it isnt your opinion, its a sly dig, ie baiting. i mean, it doesnt look like an opinion to me, just indirect abuse, let alone being called a 'fucking twat'

i feel sorry for you if you need to bully/pick on people. whatever ive done im sorry, theres just no need for the type of replies you always give is there?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » handling 22 database queries in 0.0147491 seconds