corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leon Cupra R

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leon Cupra R
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 07 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say
Arnie

23rd Oct 07 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Arnie off here has one and it perfomred superb on our track day

I think that was down to my driving skills more than anything

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by Arnie]
_Allan_

23rd Oct 07 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LCR handles fairly well for it's size. It does have a bit of body roll but add a top strut, upgraded front and rear arbs and decent set of coilovers etc.. and you have a decent road/track car. Not to mention a cheap revo/tuning remap and you have more power for a relatively small sum.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Oct 07 at 08:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the best handling version of the golf chassis anyway

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by Steve]
CR7
Banned

23rd Oct 07 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent cars, get one.... i miss my Cupra
whitter45

23rd Oct 07 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice cars but would not spend any were close to 11k on one

Spend a bit more and get a focus RS IMO

Great cars, excelelnt with a remap but have given VAG problems with electrics, watre pumps, ARB, etc

Not as reliable as people make out but certainly good cars
SetH

23rd Oct 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent cars and in response to jambos 'overpriced for what they are comment', thats just the way it is, its VAG. I am constantly hearing peopel go on about golfs being overpriced for what they are. Fact is you getter a much better built/reliable car with stronger residuals then any other marque mentioned in this thread.
whitter45

23rd Oct 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Excellent cars and in response to jambos 'overpriced for what they are comment', thats just the way it is, its VAG. I am constantly hearing peopel go on about golfs being overpriced for what they are. Fact is you getter a much better built/reliable car with stronger residuals then any other marque mentioned in this thread.

agree with everyting apart from the reliability
SetH

23rd Oct 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Elaborate please.
whitter45

23rd Oct 07 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The TT had its small issues and my mates S3 and cupra R has had its issues

thermostats, leaking shockers, ARB, bushes MAF, water pumps etc.

Do not get me wrong they are reliable cars but I bet people have had less trouble with their astra GSI's CTR etc

SetH

23rd Oct 07 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree about the CTR, the Astra GSi having less problems, i very much doubt that although again I dont have any stats/reports to back anything up.

I have had 3 VAG cars with the 1.8T engine, the only 3 cars I have owned that never missed a heartbeat. Cant say the same for the 4 vauxhalls ive had and yes they were all very good low mileage FSH examples as well.

I guess maybe there is a stigma that VAG cars are 100% reliable which certainly isnt the case, but overall I would think they are much better then any other european manufacturer and i think the strong residuals are justified.

Every ford/vauxhall i get in feels cheap agaisnt all the VAG cars ive owned, you can feel the extra 3 grand just by getting in and closing the door imho.
CR7
Banned

23rd Oct 07 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Leon Cupra was miles better than the mk4 Astra I had once, in terms of build and reliability...
whitter45

23rd Oct 07 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
I agree about the CTR, the Astra GSi having less problems, i very much doubt that although again I dont have any stats/reports to back anything up.

I have had 3 VAG cars with the 1.8T engine, the only 3 cars I have owned that never missed a heartbeat. Cant say the same for the 4 vauxhalls ive had and yes they were all very good low mileage FSH examples as well.

I guess maybe there is a stigma that VAG cars are 100% reliable which certainly isnt the case, but overall I would think they are much better then any other european manufacturer and i think the strong residuals are justified.

Every ford/vauxhall i get in feels cheap agaisnt all the VAG cars ive owned, you can feel the extra 3 grand just by getting in and closing the door imho.

totally agree what I was tryiong to say was they are not 100% reliable
SetH

23rd Oct 07 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamescorsa97

23rd Oct 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH truth is i really like these cars.

I ain't really bothered that the name aint Audi or volkswagen.

The Leon is a really nice car with good performance and i could get a nice low mileage one for 11k if I wait long enough.

Plus they are a all in package.

Only thing I cant find on one is leather seats.
big eck

23rd Oct 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.seatcupra.net is the site you want mate, i'll be upgrading my ibiza to one next year for deffo

The guy 4 doors down from me just bought a onvi yellow one on a 52 plate with full Seat history for £7k, fair doos it is high mileage at 77k but it runs like new he says, thats a lot of car for that kind of money
corsa120

23rd Oct 07 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to agree owned my astra gsi for year now and clocked up 10k in that time never missed a beat, guy i brought it off kept every reciept and it has not had nothing done to it yet bar cambelt and services in 50k miles.

this is not to say my astra gsi is better but i can only go by how it has bin for me lol, i nearly brought a cupra r but decided against it for exact reason previously stated could not justify the extra cash and i test drove both and various others to and astr seemed best over all

shame cos i like them alot the old cupra r's

my next car is a rx8 yesh!!!!!!!!!!
corb

23rd Oct 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Arnie
I've owned a Astra Coupe Convertible and now have a LCR, the Leon feels a lot better built than the Astra. I'm not saying the Vauxhall was crap, just the SEAT felt better IMO.

I've had mine for over a year now and still love it. May not be the best out there but I prefer the looks of the Leon to the CTR, Megane etc. I've had a few problems with mine, they were all common problems across the Golf/Leon range like temp sender going, waterpump breaking but luckily for me they were all fixed under warranty.

Best you buy an extended warranty then just incase!
CR7
Banned

25th Oct 07 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
quote:
I've owned a Astra Coupe Convertible and now have a LCR, the Leon feels a lot better built than the Astra. I'm not saying the Vauxhall was crap, just the SEAT felt better IMO.

I've had mine for over a year now and still love it. May not be the best out there but I prefer the looks of the Leon to the CTR, Megane etc. I've had a few problems with mine, they were all common problems across the Golf/Leon range like temp sender going, waterpump breaking but luckily for me they were all fixed under warranty.

Why when he has had the common faults fixed already?
Arnie

25th Oct 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe one day Corb
lee mitchell

25th Oct 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Arnie off here has one and it perfomred superb on our track day

I think that was down to my driving skills more than anything

[Edited on 23-10-2007 by Arnie]

didnt u spin off 3 times
Arnie

25th Oct 07 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, there wasn't any railings to crash into this time
CORSA NUT

25th Oct 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bland power delivery according to Tiff Needel

Fuk that if your going to buy a performance car for 11k that drinks petrol get a scooby and do it properley

If you don't like scooby's then a Focus RS would do i rekon.
corb

25th Oct 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CR7
quote:
Originally posted by corb
quote:

Why when he has had the common faults fixed already?

cos then i earn some money and if something else breaks, its covered
SetH

26th Oct 07 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Bland power delivery according to Tiff Needel

Fuk that if your going to buy a performance car for 11k that drinks petrol get a scooby and do it properley

If you don't like scooby's then a Focus RS would do i rekon.

My cupra was remapped, at a guess probably about 220bhp. It didnt feel or sound fast, but it was certainly no slouch, you had to watch the speedo to see how fast you were accelerating though. Very smooth power delivery for a 4 cylinder imo.

When driven sensibly that 1.8T engine is very economical compared to similar cars in its class though m8.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leon Cupra R 22 database queries in 0.0458570 seconds