corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leon cupra vs Megane 230 F1 vs Focus ST3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leon cupra vs Megane 230 F1 vs Focus ST3
Fad

User status: Offline
25th Oct 07 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All hail Seth!
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leon, focus is horrible to look at, the megane is a good car but will just feel a bit cheap, plus you never know whats going to go wrong with renault
mwg

25th Oct 07 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Focus would have to be in Blue for me
Tom

25th Oct 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus is any kids dream, make of that what you will. What's the 0-60 on an st

test drive the megane, don't disgreagrd it because of a magazines opinion on a gearbox.
CORSA NUT

25th Oct 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
leon, focus is horrible to look at, the megane is a good car but will just feel a bit cheap, plus you never know whats going to go wrong with renault

Now there's a fuking shock.
CORSA NUT

25th Oct 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
ST, awesome to drive, awesome noise

and look awesome in white

Yes Seth....

Just like this one mate
Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Now there's a fuking shock.

out of all the french makes i think renault is the best built, but the most likely to go wrong from some kind of technical fault.

this was one of the reasons i got shot of my megane 2.0IDE
CORSA NUT

25th Oct 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the fact you said Leon.
AndyKent

25th Oct 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leon. Looks good and not too common on the road. Focus looks shocking, especially with stripes, megane is too big though I do like the more subtle stickering on the F1 range. IMO obviously.

Leon every time for me.
Joe

25th Oct 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they are all brand new (with warranty) it'd be the Renault for me everytime. Think they look fantastic and they are supposed to be awesome to drive.
Novaneil

25th Oct 07 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
VXR had long lead times and with 19" wheels and xenons it was pushing the price way to high for some reason.
Depreciation over the term of the contract probably. Plus you can't get a white one.

My choice from those would be the Focus.

Someone correct me if im wrong but I believe Vauxhall are bringing out a special Nurburgring Edition Astra VXR in white...
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Oct 07 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it

http://vx-torque.com/showthread.php?t=2280
Jamescorsa97

25th Oct 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leon Seth.

I'm getting a cupra R in 2 weeks.
SetH

25th Oct 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

james will be a 57 or 08 cupra, they dont do the R range anymore, its FR then cupra, im guessing your getting a mk 1 leon?

quote:

PMSL touche'

Not worried about reliability on the renault, ill only have it for 2 years then change for another car plus it will have warranty.

Hate to say it but the leon is falling towards the bottom of the pile, the lack of optional extras etc isnt helping it. I guess with the seat cupra range you get a great value for money sporty car but you dont get the audi/vw spec.

Will try and get a drive of the megane, very fussy with my gearboxes, takes the fun out of driving if its shite.
Ben G

25th Oct 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a plain white focus st is absolute sex, i see enough of them every day at work and i still think they are absolutely awesome. i guarantee you'll get loads of looks on the road
Tom

25th Oct 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

25th Oct 07 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Novaneil
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
VXR had long lead times and with 19" wheels and xenons it was pushing the price way to high for some reason.
Depreciation over the term of the contract probably. Plus you can't get a white one.

My choice from those would be the Focus.

Someone correct me if im wrong but I believe Vauxhall are bringing out a special Nurburgring Edition Astra VXR in white...

thats right they are, ffs when are vauxhall going to put together a decent non tacky advertising campaign, or special model promotion, i mean WTF in gods name has the nurburgring got to do with that car

[Edited on 25-10-2007 by Steve]
Jamescorsa97

25th Oct 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
james will be a 57 or 08 cupra, they dont do the R range anymore, its FR then cupra, im guessing your getting a mk 1 leon?

quote:

PMSL touche'

Not worried about reliability on the renault, ill only have it for 2 years then change for another car plus it will have warranty.

Hate to say it but the leon is falling towards the bottom of the pile, the lack of optional extras etc isnt helping it. I guess with the seat cupra range you get a great value for money sporty car but you dont get the audi/vw spec.

Will try and get a drive of the megane, very fussy with my gearboxes, takes the fun out of driving if its shite.

I'm getting a 54 reg one yeah!

corb

25th Oct 07 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

PMSL touche'

out of curiosity, what spec would you want that isnt available on the leon?
ChrisBoom

25th Oct 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Focus ST's are far too common now, seen loads of the bastards about, which is bad for a small area like mine.

Megane is nice, like it in yellow. Dont see them much at all.

Leon is the one i see least, but imo, out of all of them, the Megane.
SetH

26th Oct 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Megane is out of the running now.

Sure its a very focused hot hatch with a superb chassis and definately aimed at occasional track day user. I cant see myself driving like a loon on the road in it and thus will probably never come close to exploiting the chassis.

yet more reviews going on about the slack gear change, thats good enough for me without trying it myself.

Recaro seats not bad, but rest of interior is very uninspiring.

Leon is too bland, so its looking like the focus ST3.

Every review i have read doesnt really have a bad word to say about it. For me personally i see it as a more relaxed/comfortable hot hatch then the megane and im loving the interior.

Have heard some sound clips of that sweet sounding 5 pot engine and the gear change is supposed to be very slick and precise.

Will still drive one before ordering, but think thats it for the megane now.

appreciate peoples comments, after 5 years of reading "what car shall i get" threads on here ive finally posted one
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would have chosen that last if im honest seth
SetH

26th Oct 07 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve i feared that if i went for the leon youd get excited and spread your cheeks for me.
neiliosxi

26th Oct 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought a Megane R26, had it 6 weeks, its amazing to drive, quicker than the other 2, recaro's are a bonus, can get 35mpg out of it, it doesnt feel cheap like i expected (although front wings are plastic!)

So for me it would be the least common of all three the megane (only 500 in the country so far).
Daimo B

26th Oct 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe im going to say it but...

Renault..

ST is a great great car, but i've known a guy at work to have the whole wiring loom replaced due to it wearing away in the car. On my 15 yo corsa with engine conversion, yes, on a brand new Focus, no.

He had a terrible time with the dealers, and due to the time, it had to be booked in twice as something about they can't spend more the 4 hours working on a car. I've heard many other problems with Focus's though, but they are a very good car. But i'd still personnally go for a 2nd hand Astra VXR over a brand new ST. More involving drive.

Leon last, it just looks so boring. Good engine, but the other two are much better IMO.

Megane is meant to be a f-ing hoot to drive. Not a straightline performer (well, not exactly bad really......), but the best on the twisties.

[Edited on 26-10-2007 by VXR]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Leon cupra vs Megane 230 F1 vs Focus ST3 22 database queries in 0.1029639 seconds