corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Read this PH thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Read this PH thread
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Oct 07 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does make you think, definately
Tom

26th Oct 07 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only half way through, great read.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what page are the pics on?
Brett
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
PH
As I've said before, when you're out driving, and particularly if you're making progress, keep thinking about your last 5 minutes of driving and how it would be described by a witness if you were to have an incident further on.
fuju64

26th Oct 07 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics on page 6
Matt L

26th Oct 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent read what caused the accident (if its on the thread) just read page 3 & 4.

what caused the orignal accident leaving him across the road?

and the pics is that damage caused by the bike or the original accident?
Brett
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
havent read what caused the accident (if its on the thread) just read page 3 & 4.

what caused the orignal accident leaving him across the road?

and the pics is that damage caused by the bike or the original accident?

Just read it. It's worth it tbh.
Matt L

26th Oct 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will do later at work atm tho.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need about an hour to sit and read the whole thread. Once you start reading the diary entries you won't be able to stop.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Whittie

26th Oct 07 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read it, makes you think.
deano87

26th Oct 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just read it, and it really does make you think. I particularly find the bit affecting when he says 'no' to the 3 questions at Durham. He also implies somewhere that he isn't a criminal as such, but still locked up.

Credit where credits due to the guy.

It does really make you think though. I can either go the country way to the girlfriends, or the A-road way. Sometimes I go the country way, and give it some, albeit in the 12v. It is a car that by no means handles the road, yet I think it does. It really is idiotic driving and could end up in a story like this.
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow....

WHen I was 18 I was going (briskly) down a B road when I came over a small hill to be confronted with a car just stopped randomly in the road... I maanged to stop perfectly fine but it certainly made me think that night :S
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to wonder about somebodys point tho... what good is prison for somebody in his circumstances? But seems unfair that he potentially has ruined somebody elses life and could get away scot free if he didnt go down... interestign moral question...
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, just read the motorcyclists statement...

Dean_W

26th Oct 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Jesus, just read the motorcyclists statement...

Page?
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 or summat... Ive just spent the last hour reaidng through (skimming non 10PS posts)

Very very thought provoking...
Robbo

26th Oct 07 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes page 12

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=442266&i=220
deano87

26th Oct 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is also extremely chilling from Page 12:
quote:
Having read this topic from start to finish, i felt compellled to share with you my experience

14 years ago, i went out for a night out with the lads for a few beers, i had intended to leave the car in town and get a taxi back. After a skin full, we called it a night and tried to get a couple of taxis home... none came and i said i'll drive the 4 of us home!!

We got about half way home when i ragged it round a corner and hit an oncoming car head on, the driver (a girl aged 24) broke both her legs, her passenger sustained head injuries and died later that night in hospital. I was not injured, and apart from cuts and bruises to a couple of mates, my occupants got off very lightly too.
I'll never forget until the day i die the screams coming from the car that I hit. I'll never forget the girl (or her family) who died because of my actions. I did 3 years in prison for what I did, I also lost my wife and very seldom get to see my son.

The mental torture gets worse as the years go by, i know that my life will end when i commit suicide, i'm just unsure how long i'll go on until i finally do it to escape my demons. Prison didn't effect me in the slightest, i died the same night that poor girl did because of my actions. I'm just waiting for the courage to do it.

If any of you think speeding, drink driving etc is worth it, just stop and REALLY think about how many lives you could possibly ruin... I ruined not only the life of the girl i killed, but also her families lives and i ruined my own life too
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 07 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats not chilling because he was a total dickhead to drink and drive, i totally sympathise with the original story though as he was just doing what many others do
Dean_W

26th Oct 07 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For once Steve, I totally agree with you.
deano87

26th Oct 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
thats not chilling because he was a total dickhead to drink and drive, i totally sympathise with the original story though as he was just doing what many others do

I agree to a certain extent. Still chilling when he says about the ladies screams etc.

But in no way is it as moving as the 10p one.
AndyKent

26th Oct 07 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an excellent thread. Not so much feeling sorry for 10p, but just at the perfect way he puts his experience across and the remorse he feels.

I've got a lot of respect for someone who's got the balls to post something like that.
Kathryn W

26th Oct 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great link. Very interesting. Some of the idiots on the road nowadays need to take a read or something like that.
ShEp

26th Oct 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
This is also extremely chilling from Page 12:
quote:
Having read this topic from start to finish, i felt compellled to share with you my experience

14 years ago, i went out for a night out with the lads for a few beers, i had intended to leave the car in town and get a taxi back. After a skin full, we called it a night and tried to get a couple of taxis home... none came and i said i'll drive the 4 of us home!!

We got about half way home when i ragged it round a corner and hit an oncoming car head on, the driver (a girl aged 24) broke both her legs, her passenger sustained head injuries and died later that night in hospital. I was not injured, and apart from cuts and bruises to a couple of mates, my occupants got off very lightly too.
I'll never forget until the day i die the screams coming from the car that I hit. I'll never forget the girl (or her family) who died because of my actions. I did 3 years in prison for what I did, I also lost my wife and very seldom get to see my son.

The mental torture gets worse as the years go by, i know that my life will end when i commit suicide, i'm just unsure how long i'll go on until i finally do it to escape my demons. Prison didn't effect me in the slightest, i died the same night that poor girl did because of my actions. I'm just waiting for the courage to do it.

If any of you think speeding, drink driving etc is worth it, just stop and REALLY think about how many lives you could possibly ruin... I ruined not only the life of the girl i killed, but also her families lives and i ruined my own life too

that guy is a waste of space if he thinks killing himself will solve anything, it will just ruin more lives, like his family's

i have no respect what so ever for people who threaten suicide, Ive gone thru what people have to go through when they are 'left behind'

no questions answered, where does the blame go?

its a cowards way out, he should be alive to suffer the consiquenses (sp) of his actions,

that post really got to me.
Jamie

26th Oct 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really good post cheers for that Robin.

Shame it goes to shit in last few pages

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Read this PH thread 23 database queries in 0.0169261 seconds