corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe power increase

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe power increase
Marcus_corsa

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 07 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what experiences have people had with the lexmaul inlet??
flybikeslee

3rd Nov 07 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u stavs
Dean_W

3rd Nov 07 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus_corsa
what experiences have people had with the lexmaul inlet??

meant to be not as peaky as a mantzel/dbilas.

give a good increase throughout the revs.
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better to have through out the revs tho i reckon, looking forward to fitting it though. not sure what engine mod to get next though, prob cams and verniers
Dean_W

3rd Nov 07 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

headwork, cams/verniers, remap
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, may just fit the lexmaul then save some money for a while untill i think about what i wanna spend it on
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Nov 07 at 02:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114bhp
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm 114 bhp, good gains if thats rite, will have to get it rolling roaded when i fit the lexmaul and see whats it putiing out
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got the same X14XE engine running 4-1 sportx manifold, lightly modifyed standard inlet manifold, janspeed center and rear, and hoffman 200cpi sport cat, and derestricted air box, and im able to keep with a tuned fiesta zetecS thats been dynoed at 124bhp so im quite chuffed with my lil car
next mods id say would be cams, then arp rod bolts remap to raise RPM to about 7,250. and have a lot of fun, also you may want to eventually get the head ported and bottom end ballanced, got a quote for mine at £87 for crank, clutch, rods, pistons and front pully ballanced, and £57 for flywheel to be lightened from a company in bermingham

[Edited on 03-11-2007 by Richardhhha]
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats good mate, would you would advise me 2 do next then
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha

next mods id say would be cams, then arp rod bolts remap to raise RPM to about 7,250. and have a lot of fun, also you may want to eventually get the head ported and bottom end ballanced, got a quote for mine at £87 for crank, clutch, rods, pistons and front pully ballanced, and £57 for flywheel to be lightened from a company in bermingham

[Edited on 03-11-2007 by Richardhhha]
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do the arp rod bolts do, heard loads of people talkin about them but never known what there for????
how much does it cost to get these and how much for rev limit to be higher, is that the same as gettin a superchip or unichip and making the limit higher??
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arp rod bolts are basicaly a shed load stronger than standard rod bolts and will need to be fitted when changing the rev limit as the standard botls would be over stressd and could wel snap causing savere engine buggerage.

and yes a re-map is kind of like getting the ecu chipped
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm may have to look into this, i reckon i may aswel get the head ported and polished at the same time as gettin the cams put in and vernier pulleys with the arp bolts with the chip,raised rev limit/chip and remap.

is there any point in gettin the head skimmed???
what do all three do (ported,polished and skimmed)
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ported will smothe out the inlet ports to remove all the exess bobbles created when the head was pressure casted wich will help increase power.

Pollishing is where the exhaust ports are ground smooth then pollished to stop any swearling or pooling of exhaust gasses wich will help increase power. doing this will defonately cause you to have a power band.

skimming i dont think you will need this as the compression of the X14XE engine is frightening enough without incrasing it.

if you can get it get a sport clutch and lightweight flywheel this will make the car quicker without increasing BHP, and think about getting the bottom end ballanced/blueprinted. this will cause a big change in the way the car drives but it will be smooth and have a nice power curve
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a valeo clutch being fiited on monday or tuesday, ive got a lexmaul inlet coming this week so hopefully that will give a nice little increase and smooth out the power curve abit.
with a lexmaul and the janspeed 4-2-1,viper and decat exhaust that ive already got it should be a nice increase.
then ill get the head ported and polished along with a set of cams and pulleys which will be the next mods, whats the best cam lift to get and will i need the head being modded to fit the lift,
dont want nothing to major or else it will be super lumpy, just looking for something that will give good gains with the dblais vernier pulleys to dial them in but also nice to drive with the other mods and remembering that ill be getting arp bolts with chip/raised limit and remap to finish it off on a later date with the lightened flywheel etc
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt go with anythig other than fast road cam kits, anything more really and the car will be lumpy and a bugger to drive low down on the rev range
Marcus_corsa

3rd Nov 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard newman cams are good, what are piper and kent like, always here stuff about them, do you know anything about lifts???
Richardhhha

3rd Nov 07 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can only quote on kent cams as these are the only ones ive had experiance with, they set up easy and run nice. had them in a mates XR2I and it made a difference. expect around £600 for the cams tho as they are bloody expensive
Marcus_corsa

4th Nov 07 at 02:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm kent are expensive, ill have a look around for prices in a few weeks, what lift would people recomend???
Marcus_corsa

4th Nov 07 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

morning people, what lifts do people have with there cams??
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Nov 07 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At Vsport we do brand new Newman cams ground from blanks for £330, any lift or duration including custom cams if people want them.

A fantastic mod that people overlook on these engines is to fit a 4.18 final drive, will make more difference than an inlet manifold and cams on these engines as far as acceleration goes, easy modification and can be done for under £50 if you know where to get the right Final Drive. I did a tutorial on how to do it one here.
Marcus_corsa

4th Nov 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would it cost for a set of newcam fast road cams,not sure on lift tho and a set of veriner pulleys to dial them in from you dave??
also what is the final drive, what does it actually do???
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Nov 07 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some info on cams:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=298969

and final drive:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=347686
Richardhhha

4th Nov 07 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think this is what dave was going on about, this would be a great addiction to make the car accelerate faster, but would be crazy if you have a lightweight flywheel aswell!!!
http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=68&osCsid=67f0285ee8467568e360386f832b6587

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll