corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England U21's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England U21's
Marc

User status: Offline
18th Nov 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres uglier in the Prem!
Hammer

18th Nov 07 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
How the hell is CL a sideways step

wtf how can no one grasp this

The best teams in the Champions League are the English one's therefore it figures that when you play in it unless you are playing a Barcelona or AC Milan who are the same level then it's a downward step.

Sparta Prague, Rosenberg, Benfica etc etc would all be mid table Premiership sides.
Marc

18th Nov 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your last comment I agree with.

However,

AC Milan, FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid etc are not mid table teams!

Hammer

18th Nov 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're at the same level therefore a sideays step then?
Cosmo

18th Nov 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Playing against Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool then going into the Champions League is a sideways, if not downward, step yes

Im not saying its better quality that the teams playing in it. Im saying he will be playing more regularly against teams at this level - where as currently he does not so I cant judge if he is really just pace which is fine against shit defenders, or has some finess which he will need to beat the better ones.
Marc

18th Nov 07 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
They're at the same level therefore a sideays step then?

I get what you're saying, but the last English team to win the CL was Liverpool in 2005, so until an English team wins the CL it isn't a sideways step.

the tope 4 are undoubtedly better than the rest of the Premiership, for now. The CL also contains teams that are the top four of their respective leagues, but they are the ones that manage to win the competition.
Cosmo

18th Nov 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
the last English team to win the CL was Liverpool .

sounds so good when you type that
corsaaa_16v

20th Nov 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what mark means

think hes means that where as scoring on a regular basis in the champs league and at international level is more difficult than in the prem, because there are some teams in prem where lesser strikers can look like superstars, i.e derby, fulham, boro, birmingham, sunderland, wigan.
all mediocre teams where you dont need to be a world class striker to find space in there box, etc
Cosmo

20th Nov 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what I was on about. Hammer just doesnt understand unless its common knowledge TBH.
Hammer

20th Nov 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see anyone refuting the fact it's easier to score against Derby than AC Milan. My point was and still is scoring the winner against Chelsea doesn't matter a jot if it's a Premiership game or a Champions League one. MATTER OF FACT, COMMON KNOWLEDGE whatever the fuck you wish to cry it.
Cosmo

20th Nov 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And no one was ever arguing that point Hammer.

The point is that being a Villa player he doesnt play against the best defenders that often. He has never played in Europe, and has never played at full Intl. level. So its impossible to tell (IMO anyway) if he just has raw pace that will get shown up 99% of the time against good defenders, or if he is top quality so can hack it against the best of the best.
strick206

20th Nov 07 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but tbh cosmo

if he played for liverpool this season what defenders would he have faced in the CL?

no-one special
Cosmo

20th Nov 07 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
but tbh cosmo

if he played for liverpool this season what defenders would he have faced in the CL?

no-one special

I dont really mean specifically in the group stages, although I would say they are all atleast Villa standard as it is. I know its not a huge more amount of games he would play, but its enough that for a top team he really wouldnt be forth the money.

Its like if we signed Torres and it turned out he could do the business against the shit clubs, but you play against the top sides and he went missing. But he happens to have a great touch aswell as pace....Im not sure if Gabby has this yet as not seen him against top sides enough...which was my original point.
strick206

20th Nov 07 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with you cosmo, i dont rate him, and also dont see what all the fuss is about, tbh though, i havent made an effort to watch him much

he scored the opener against united (a header)

not worth anywhere near 15m though and imo he should stay at villa and not make the mistakes SWP made (not playing much) etc

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England U21's 23 database queries in 0.0104902 seconds