corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking for a new motor.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Looking for a new motor.
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 07 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
£1500 on your mum's policy??? shop around or pay that to have your own policy, then it will halve come renewal

Yeah, well my mum rang about 7-8 companies and i did shed loads of quotes online. Alot of companies wouldnt touch me because it says SRi on it or because im only 17, or both!

The cheapest quote i got on my own policy was £2300 with CIS.
And fuck paying that when im a student with a 17hour a week part time job. Just doesnt happen.
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Just dont crash. Plus most people cant tell by looking. Not a major difference. Not like a Redtop thats easilly spotted. Get it bought, now! lol

Not that easy saying that you wont crash, i've had one near miss in 3months. Which in essance has made me stop being a dick behind the wheel. But quite a few of my mates have had crashes where they were not doing anything wrong, so i think to myself that as soon as i void something, like engine size, something like that will happen to me
AndyCorsaSport

3rd Dec 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive crashed 3 times.

Passed in April 06
Crashed in May 06
Crashed in July 06
Crashed in November 06
Got new car in May 07
Another new car in August 07 (the one i shown you for sale)

So ive not crashed in over a year now, just shows i thought i could drive when i first passed. But i couldnt. Really love the car i have now, i just fancy a change again. Ill probly regret selling it tbh.
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough. What car you looking for next?
I am genuinely interested in your car, its just i wont be able to do anthing until mid January then theres just the insurance price trouble
AndyCorsaSport

3rd Dec 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it says on PH advert, after a Saxo VTR, hence why i said ill probly regret selling Wanted a Saxo before the last 2 Corsa'si bought, but for some reason im addicted to Vauxhall
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeah, i missed that bit! Lol.
I know what you mean, a few of my mates have said get something different like a saxo or something, but theres something about corsa's which wants me to have another one
pow
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1,2 is not a good engine. FACT. The SXi's are over priced for a spoiler. Much better off with a 1.4 16v LS, GLS, Club or CDX.
Joe

3rd Dec 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is it fact? Sounds like you just had a dog, mine was fine, put a MAF and an EGR valve on in over 3 years, can't complain at that.
dannymccann

3rd Dec 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The 1,2 is not a good engine. FACT. The SXi's are over priced for a spoiler. Much better off with a 1.4 16v LS, GLS, Club or CDX.

whatever you do dont get the 1.4 8v LS, trust me, its slow as shit, although i found it has a higher top speed than the 8v SRi I had, this being due to the WR gearbox as opposed to CR on the SRi???
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't planning on getting an 8v Corsa anyways, got my eyes set on the SXi 16v.

Cheers for the heads up though Danny
DC90

3rd Dec 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my 1.0 12v GLS.
bieransri

3rd Dec 07 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll buy yours, still after a tidy carabic one
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a few mates that want it to but i havent put a price on it yet, needs 2 new tyres and a service after crimbo then its up for sale.

I'll keep in touch with you though mate
Curtiz

3rd Dec 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
the 1.2 16v is a good engine when it works, but its FULL of problems

sorry, have to disagree. i had an sxi 2000 and owned it for around 8 months and all needed done was the idle control valve thing (wasnt urgent or anything but i didnt like the we jerk every so often). i done about 8k in the time i owned it and i drove it hard! ran 100% though and i loved it .

also random but, 3rd gear pulled well enough for me and imo its not dead u shouldnt be disappointed
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Curtiz

Deffo gonna take a look at some.

I know its not the biggest thing but are there big speed differences between 1.2 16v and 1.4 16v?

Anyone got any 0-60 times?
mattk

3rd Dec 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a google search for the
national farmers union ( NFU )

ring them tomorrow

I pay 600 on my mums on the punto
Jakey
Premium Member

3rd Dec 07 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Do a google search for the
national farmers union ( NFU )

ring them tomorrow

I pay 600 on my mums on the punto

Do you use her NCB?
What engine is the Punto?
mattk

3rd Dec 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the punto is a 1.9 turbodeisel

she has 1 ncb 3 points and a ban 4 years ago

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Looking for a new motor. 22 database queries in 0.2388389 seconds