corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City vs Man Utd

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man City vs Man Utd
Marc

User status: Offline
17th Jan 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So by your reckoning Liverpools fanbase has greatly being influenced by the Hillsbrough disaster?
Hammer

17th Jan 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
I have stated above reasoning as to why I feel that the tragedy in itself was a contributing factor, even to the point of putting generalised emotional and slight historical reasoning behind it.

That constitues backpedaling on your part then as if i'm not mistaken your first bold statement within this thread proclaimed Manchester United would NOT be 1 of the biggest clubs on the planet if it weren't for the Munich disaster 'it's that simple'. Now it was just a 'contributing factor'.

Would you agree a) your 1st post lacked any tact whatsoever and b) you only ever said it in the 1st plac for a reaction?
Cosmo

17th Jan 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
b) you only ever said it in the 1st plac for a reaction?

1. Of course he did and 2. I cant beleive you are actually trying to discuss this with him
Marc

17th Jan 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I heard he likes the cock.
Cosmo

17th Jan 08 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

I bet Ryan U2U's him with his number once he reads this.
Hammer

17th Jan 08 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
b) you only ever said it in the 1st plac for a reaction?

1. Of course he did and 2. I cant beleive you are actually trying to discuss this with him

I'm having a debate on a Celtic forum with some other tosser who says i have a patronising tone and i've to stop telling him what he thinks as i'm a prick, i've just realised i'm posting in Match Day (yes Match Day) and not talkceltic
Cosmo

17th Jan 08 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tend to have similar arguements on a Liverpool forum I go on with a few certain members who have strange views....but obviously anyone elses are wrong
Limecat
Banned

17th Jan 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So by your reckoning Liverpools fanbase has greatly being influenced by the Hillsbrough disaster?

Read it properly.

No, that would be a daft parallel to try to produce as Liverpool had dominated the English game for over 15 years prior to that event, they had also been very successful in Europe.

quote:
quote:
I have stated above reasoning as to why I feel that the tragedy in itself was a contributing factor, even to the point of putting generalised emotional and slight historical reasoning behind it.

That constitues backpedaling on your part then as if i'm not mistaken your first bold statement within this thread proclaimed Manchester United would NOT be 1 of the biggest clubs on the planet if it weren't for the Munich disaster 'it's that simple'. Now it was just a 'contributing factor'.

Would you agree a) your 1st post lacked any tact whatsoever and b) you only ever said it in the 1st plac for a reaction?

A) No, I wouldn't. I would say I could have expanded upon it in the first place but this is the only forum I use where people shoot first and ask questions later.

B) No, otherwise I would say it was to get a reaction, like I did when I said Rugby was a game for homosexuals.
strick206

17th Jan 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I was actually refering to the First WW when I said ‘post war’

I can say with considerable grounds that it has aided United’s appeal, you have IMO 3 main era’s in the clubs history, the Munich era, The George Best era and The Ferguson era.

In that ‘Munich era’ you had only just really started to have any sustained success for arguably the first time in the clubs history. With them being amongst the favourites for the European Cup it was inevitable that it would be big news. It is also worth bearing in mind that TV was very scarce then so foreign supporters would have been few/far between. (I cannot envisage foreign games being screened in other countries, its not as if you had the vast choice of channels as you do nowadays).

Foreign people would be aware of the previous results and tragedy itself from press or radio. Their return and success in the Best era would then have gained considerable support due to a sort of Pheonix from the flames/raising or battling against adversity way.

Your 1 million figure is the years combined attendances I assume? These were days when the average attendances were far higher for the majority of clubs than they are nowadays (standing, little in terms of alternative entertainment etc)

[Edited on 17-01-2008 by LETGSI16V]

Right, here we go again as you can't seem to grasp anything, are your parents brother and sister?

Point 1 - I have made it bold for you, is that ok? You have just stated that we had built a team and were one of the favourites for the european cup, wasn't this before munich, therefore proving what you have said wrong?

Obviously, it was going to be big news but we were already a big club, and already were favourites for the Cup, so hardly built on that disaster would you say? The fact is, they could have probably won it before they did if it wasn't for the disaster!

Regarding the attendances, no we had 1million in for every match and with you mentioning that the attendances were higher, which they most likely were due to standing, but have you seen how many games we need to have 1million pass through our gates in a season? 14 games, proves we still have a massive following

Oh, and BANNED for racist comments
Limecat
Banned

17th Jan 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange that your own fans can acknowledge it, see about 2/3'rd of the way down on here under the subheading of 'Support'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_united

Strick, you are taking what I have typed grossly out of context. I have never disputed they were in Eueope or that on that occasion they were amongst the favourites, what I said was that they are a bigger club as a result, namely in world wide support. Read in the context it was given.

P.S. If thats racist thats quite amusing, especially as another member has done it on a thread I have linked to, especially as my Dad supports Tottenham despite being Lybian and despite the fact that I am also foreign so it really nulifies any racist argument!

Oh, your 1m is a combined attendance total, not a total number of fans as I would wager that it was pretty much the same lot each game!

[Edited on 17-01-2008 by LETGSI16V]
Marc

17th Jan 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably are right, to an extent. Back in the 50s.

the 80s fan base came from the likes of Hughes, Robson etc and the 90's with Cantona, Giggs, Keane (Hence the large Irish fan base) through to people like Park helping the Koreon/Asian fanbase, not forgetting the pre season tours.
strick206

17th Jan 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not racist because you are foreign,

Marc

17th Jan 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
Limecat
Banned

17th Jan 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Not racist because you are foreign,

If I cried everytime someone made a joke about Americans I wouldn't be able to use any forums.

Plus the 'yiddish' is basically Hebrew language so at least know what you are talking about before you post crap.

Unless of course sewing up pockets, being circumcised or wearing a skull cap is racist?
Marc

18th Jan 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
at least know what you are talking about before you post crap.

Bit of advice for yourself there too.
RyanSxi

18th Jan 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I bet Ryan U2U's him with his number once he reads this.

Sly dig there sunshine

Cosmo

18th Jan 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did wonder if you had seen that!
RyanSxi

18th Jan 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

hadnt checke this thread in ages as i cud imagine the bull shit spewing out of that morons mouth (and no before you say it I don't mean Marc )
Limecat
Banned

19th Jan 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:

hadnt checke this thread in ages as i cud imagine the bull shit spewing out of that morons mouth (and no before you say it I don't mean Marc )

Cosmo aint that bad, don't hold it against him that he cannot back up most of the points he makes with reasoned arguments, he is a scouser after all so they only have knowledge of falsifying tax forms or climbing drain pipes.
Marc

19th Jan 08 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer Coswank to you. You're worse than Dipshit.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man City vs Man Utd 23 database queries in 0.0153480 seconds