corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a nice engine sound...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting a nice engine sound...
Willox

User status: Offline
16th Jan 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trust me,i have a pipercross induction kit cone filter!waste of money on a 1.2 16v if i'm totally honest,i just got it because i got it cheap! there is absolutely no noise difference at all! better off not even bothering
barter

16th Jan 08 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
yeh it would a bit. I found when i put a straight through exhaust on my sxi it made the car rather loud tho!

I did this, I'm at the regret stage now I want a centre box

lol same its good for a couple of days but now drives me mad
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Jan 08 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barter
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
yeh it would a bit. I found when i put a straight through exhaust on my sxi it made the car rather loud tho!

I did this, I'm at the regret stage now I want a centre box

lol same its good for a couple of days but now drives me mad

I managed at least 6 months tbh, but I'm doing an hour round trip twice a week now on the motorway and I can't stand it, it's just a constant drone, when we get a van, I may be able to live with it cos I won't be using it that much, but think I'll have to get a centre box put in it, it makes me cringe everytime I put my foot down and going out for a drive isn't as fun anymore cos I just feel like a knob
Kathryn W

17th Jan 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your car isnt that loud Mike
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 00:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's too loud for what it is. If it had some kind of power it wouldn't be so bad, people always seem to comment on how loud it is too. When I'm on the motorway, I'm generally sat between 3.5 - 4000 revs so it just drones, I think it's because of how deep it is too, it feels like such a relief when I get off the motorway and stop at the top of the slip road, that it's finally stopped.

It's one of them, I can still hear my music fairly clearly, but if I was to turn it off, it would seem almost deafening. My brother often whinges that he can't hear people on the phone, when we're on the motorway
Kathryn W

17th Jan 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and gaz have to ignore each other in the car as we'd only end up shouting and arguing as we cant hear one and another

Have an argument - Go for a drive soon sorts it out
GT190

17th Jan 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of my mates have stupidly loud exhasts.
dunno how they drive it tbh.

sounds good when you hear it drive past, but when you're in it just hurts.
Daimo B

17th Jan 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are missing the 1.2 16v issue here.

You will NEVER make that engine sound good. You won't get rid of that nasty whine either. If you put a loud exhaust, it will make you sound like a boyracer. You simple cannot use the engine, or inducation, or exhaust to make that lump sound any good at all.

So the way to get the engine sounding better? Fit a 1.4/1.6 16v...... Sorry, but that really is the only way.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Getting a nice engine sound... 22 database queries in 0.0063081 seconds