corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » STOLEN Blue Impreza Reg: LA03ELL Midlands Area (Pics inside)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author STOLEN Blue Impreza Reg: LA03ELL Midlands Area (Pics inside)
deano87

User status: Offline
17th Jan 08 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would only be a professional gang. I couldn't imagine the average joe being able to steal it.
_Allan_

17th Jan 08 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
it would only be a professional gang. I couldn't imagine the average joe being able to steal it.

Hardly professional, they had the keys. I don't even keep the house/car keys together. The Diskloc key goes on my house keys and aint left behind when I park at home. Not that it would stop the profs, just slow em down a little
deano87

17th Jan 08 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Hardly professional, they had the keys. I don't even keep the house/car keys together. The Diskloc key goes on my house keys and aint left behind when I park at home. Not that it would stop the profs, just slow em down a little

Still professional - they clearly knew what they were stealing.
Tom

17th Jan 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Organised crime
barter

17th Jan 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel sorry for your mate fella,on the tracker side of things it dosnt matter,last year or the year before cant remember to well,a mental evo and few other cars were stolen at japshow and not seen again,that scoobie will either be striped or on its way aboard now.

[Edited on 17-01-2008 by barter]
Brett
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad I sold mine. Too much worry for shite like this.
Mattb

17th Jan 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf tracker has it got fitted then? If its a Tracker (made by tracker) it can be activated remotely and has a back up battery that lasts years...

Tis a shame
_Allan_

17th Jan 08 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish they'd sort the installation side out.
Mine was left on the dash and all I got was my car back with crumbs on the seats

WU-TANG- DAN

17th Jan 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least he's insured.

[Edited on 17-01-2008 by WU-TANG- DAN]
barter

17th Jan 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
wtf tracker has it got fitted then? If its a Tracker (made by tracker) it can be activated remotely and has a back up battery that lasts years...

Tis a shame

theres ways round everything fella
Mattb

17th Jan 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, but he's saying they cant activate the tracker untill the ignition is switched on... Either its a shit tracker, or its been poorly installed.
barter

17th Jan 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i thought all trackers were live all the time due to most cars are stolen and hiden up for a little while before collecting
SAL
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be someone local or within 50 mile's
22B

17th Jan 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barter
quote:
Originally posted by Mattb

Tis a shame

theres ways round everything fella

get a clifford blackjax, very good bit of kit

Blackjax
Carjacking Response & Vehicle Recovery System
BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That's it – it's sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That's Clifford technology you can count on.£225.00
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 08 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if criminals suspect a car has a tracker they will normally leave it parked somewhere for a few days and see if its recovered, if its not they can be safe to take it away again
Novaneil

19th Jan 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTT just incase. Cheers
Carl

19th Jan 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Mine was left on the dash and all I got was my car back with crumbs on the seats

jamez_zz

19th Jan 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

its no laughin matter, but
therock2444

19th Jan 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dirty thief'in jipos that probably knicked it would of had it stripped down and sold on by the time the first post was put up. i feel sorry for your m8 it looked like a very nice car bud
Graham88

19th Jan 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Novaneil
The Tracker has been activated but until the iginition is switched on it'll do fcuk all unfortunetely. Why are they not battery backed up

I'm confused by this, surely they drove it away, therefore ignition was turned on?

Or is the tracker not activated at all times, so they haven't driven it since it was activated?
mattk

19th Jan 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are activated, they are dormant before the car is stolen?

Feel so sorry for the bloke I really do he must be heartbroken, having your home burgled must be THE worst feeling ever

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » STOLEN Blue Impreza Reg: LA03ELL Midlands Area (Pics inside) 22 database queries in 0.0156751 seconds