corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Close shaves, how lucky have you been?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Close shaves, how lucky have you been?
Tom

User status: Offline
21st Jan 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Span my nova (1st car) on a main road once

Whittie

21st Jan 08 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spun a car at 70 before.
Nearly hit a bus.
A tyre blow out from a lorry nearly hit me.
pow
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My "near miss" in the Ibiza involved a tree and an insurance pay out

When I was driving off road, span my Dad's audi at car club setup @ Combe. Was the first out in the morning, giving it some pace up the back straght, went into the back S, and ended up backwards in the grass.

Was shit scary at the time, yet funny
RichR
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spun on a roundabout on the A43 Dual carriageway; the last but one roundabout before you get on the M42 - I entered at about 40/50 from 70ish - went round and next thing span and went backwards, up the kerb and backwards towards a ditch. Ended up with front wheels on road, back wheels up the kerb. Weird thing was that I managed to make it up the only lowered part of the kerb on the whole round about which was only 6ft wide or so; and was also the only place on the roundabout with no reservation/barrier

Got out, checked for damage but there was absoloutly nothing but clear why I span when I saw how much diesel was all over the roundabout
DYL

21st Jan 08 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had close calls on back roads....back end jumping out....
nearly hit about 20 people on a hairpin on the JD ROMAIN rally.....nice video footage
Hit a telegraph pole going 60....saved me from going into the lake
Richie

21st Jan 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traffic stopped dead on the m4 at J27 and I slammed on the brakes, Astra did a 720 degree spin and went into the central reservation

needed new pants
drbeansri

21st Jan 08 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some one hit me at 70+ and we were doing 35 - 40..

broke both bones in lower leg and badly broke my collarbone.
andy1868

21st Jan 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some young lad in a clio pulled out in front of me when i was in the van, anchors on and it skidded within afew inches. he drove off like nothing had happened, i don't know if he knew how close i had been to hitting him

another one was on a dual carriageway in the wet, i was behind a lorry and the lorry was behind a woman in a daewoo. the woman in the daewoo slammed on unexpectedly to a stop, the lorry slammed on and skidded, closely followed by me, stopped about a metre away, perhaps abit more but it was closer than i wanted to be when the lorry and myself went round the woman she was on her phone she risked getting rear ended by an arctic for a phonecall
Jenko_Sport

21st Jan 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sat at about 80 on the m6 (was about 2-3 in the morning) and had a lorry pull into the far lane which the arnt aloud to do, he saw me and pulled right over into the inside lane and i slide past him sideways at about 70
Ally

21st Jan 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None

I hit the back of a coach when the road was stupidly wet and i didnt brake quick enough
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly went into the back of someone at 3 figures when they pulled out on me.
LeeM

21st Jan 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rolled my corsa on an a road at about 70mph, thing rolled 3 times or somethin daft and i walked out without a acratch on me.
about a week before i took my sub box out of the boot which was lucky becuse most of the junk out of my boot ended up in the front of the car
Stu

21st Jan 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...............every time the Tuscan comes out!
Jay

21st Jan 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
more importantly what were you doing 70 on a back road for?

Its cause of people like you, why where living in a PC country. Hypocrite, as if you've never done it.
Jay

21st Jan 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spun my brothers Supra when I lost the back end on a slip road coming off the motorway.

He unfortunately wasn't so lucky when he lost it
Doug

21st Jan 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have spun on roundabouts a few times but its all part of learning how to drift
Dean_W

21st Jan 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No major near misses.

Mostly getting a bit skittish around back lanes on my way to work.
corsa - gus

21st Jan 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lost the back end in my old mans beemer on a round about while showing off. was pretty scary! if i crashed that i probably would get murdered!
Had a few scary moments in my old corsa, hit a bridge in it after hitting some black ice, needed a few parts! and the usual scary moments you have when your going a little too fast!

Hows the car arctic monkey? would be gutted if you damaged it cos i love it too much!
Ellis

21st Jan 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel patch whilst going to fast on roundabout racing another sport, missed railing by the width of a pube
JonnyJ

21st Jan 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
At the goole Junction of the M62 we've got two big roundabouts linked to each other (think figure of eight).

Came off of the first roundabout late at night to find a foreign plated skoda coming towards me on my side of the road - I slammed on and skidded to the otherside of the road, my wing mirror stopping about half an inch from the barrier of the flyover (the bridge between the two roundabouts goes over the m62) - the skoda fishtailed onto the centre of the roundabout i'd just come off of, reversed off then continued round the roundabout the wrong way, then down the slip road onto the wrong side of the M62

Fuck knows where he ended up!

Thats about closest i've come to crashing *touch wood*

[Edited on 21-01-2008 by Kyle T]

PMSL I know where you mean, crazy foreign drivers. Ive seen the same thing at monks cross, some guy driving the wrong way round a roundabout followed by going the wrong way down the road, lucky i didnt enter the roundabout or he would have taken me out
ed

21st Jan 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once I put the brakes on and the ABS decided to kick on meaning the car wouldn't stop quick enough. What a shit idea, ABS brakes.

[Edited on 21-01-2008 by ed]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spun once in the rain on a round about
Simon_16v

21st Jan 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
At the goole Junction of the M62 we've got two big roundabouts linked to each other (think figure of eight).

Came off of the first roundabout late at night to find a foreign plated skoda coming towards me on my side of the road - I slammed on and skidded to the otherside of the road, my wing mirror stopping about half an inch from the barrier of the flyover (the bridge between the two roundabouts goes over the m62) - the skoda fishtailed onto the centre of the roundabout i'd just come off of, reversed off then continued round the roundabout the wrong way, then down the slip road onto the wrong side of the M62

Fuck knows where he ended up!

Thats about closest i've come to crashing *touch wood*

[Edited on 21-01-2008 by Kyle T]

PMSL I know where you mean, crazy foreign drivers. Ive seen the same thing at monks cross, some guy driving the wrong way round a roundabout followed by going the wrong way down the road, lucky i didnt enter the roundabout or he would have taken me out

I know what you mean too, lucky as it's a fair drop from the flyover lol

Worst iv had was in my 1.2 going round a corner tapping the braes and the back end trying to kick out and go sideways
TomSBD

21st Jan 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mrs did this to my old car and had the smallest cut on here cheek

AdZ9

21st Jan 08 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In 5 yrs i've had 2 near misses.

One was kind of a miss but i still hit them, came up to a roundabout and i thought the car had already pulled off, when i realised he hadnt i locked up and just bumped into the back of him, bumper had the most damage. Lucky for me he didn't ask for details, the night before i was involved in an ABH incident involving my ex gfs ex bf, my face was all cut and bruised, when the guy got out i got out to apologise, he took one look at my face got back in the car and drove off

Other time was in the wet on a B road, locked up and span 180 and ended up facing the right way in the other lane, lucky it was quiet and no cars coming, scary thing was i was only doing bout 35 as i was just accelerating :/

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Close shaves, how lucky have you been? 22 database queries in 0.0134130 seconds