corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo and Tom are going to hate me!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo and Tom are going to hate me!!!!
Cosmo

User status: Offline
30th Jan 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting thing just posted up on Sky Sports too

TOP TWO SCORERS- TEAM- GOALS SCORED- TOTAL GOALS- %
Ronaldo (17)/Tevez (10)- Man Utd- 27- 46- 58.7%
Anelka (10)/Nolan (4)- Bolton- 14- 24- 58.3%
Miller (3)/Oakley (3)- Derby- 6- 11- 54.5%
Santa Cruz (11)/McCarthy (6)- Blackburn- 17- 32- 54.1%
Torres (11)/Gerrard (7)- Liverpool- 18- 37- 48.6%
Bent (7)/Sibierski (4)- Wigan- 11- 23- 47.8%
Mwaruwari (12)/Muntari (4)- Portsmouth- 16- 34- 47.1%
Adebayor (17)/Fabregas (7)- Arsenal- 18- 37- 46.9%
Jerome (5)/Kapo (5)- Birmingham- 10- 23- 43.5%
Dempsey (6)/Davies (4)- Fulham- 10- 23- 43.5%
Kitson (8)/Doyle (5)- Reading- 13- 30- 43.3%
Keane (11)/Berbatov (8)- Tottenham- 19- 44- 43.2%
Martins (6)/Viduka (5)- Newcastle- 11- 27- 40.7%
Downing (4)/Tuncay (4)- Middlesbrough- 8- 21- 38.1%
Yakubu (9)/Cahill (6)- Everton- 15- 40- 37.5%
Jones (5)/Chopra (3)- Sunderland- 8- 24- 33.3%
Ashton (5)/Bowyer (4)- West Ham- 9- 28- 32.1%
Agbonlahor (7)/Carew (6)- Aston Villa- 13- 43- 30.2%
Elano (5)/Bianchi (4)- Man City- 9- 30- 30.0%
Drogba (5)/Kalou (5)- Chelsea- 10- 36- 27.8%

[Edited on 30-01-2008 by Cosmo]
Marc

30th Jan 08 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, whats it all mean?!!
RyanSxi

30th Jan 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that without tevez/ronaldo united would have about 42% of the goals they have

and chelsea have the biggest variety of goal scorers as they would only loose 28%
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryans got it. It didnt copy and paste like I thought it would
RyanSxi

30th Jan 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Not just a pretty face
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
quote:

Not even a pretty face

Dont be so harsh on yourself.
Tom

30th Jan 08 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Match (sports ) day is on fire today

I would tend to agree with cosmo (for a change ) in terms of players mentioned for now and future, I think this is a topical dig though as alot of our players aren't doing well at the minute.

I would certainly say a relative amount of man utd and arsenal players would struggle to get into to the fold of there opposing top 3 teams.

Brown, carrick, o'shea, scholes now, giggs now, evra is overated imo, Anderson not yet.

Arsenal is easier to rip to peices because of there second cup team but senderos, bendtner, walcott, eboue, sagna maybe

Chelsea on the other hand (biggest squad ever), mikel, pizzaro, malouda, belleti arguably, ben haim
RyanSxi

30th Jan 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brown and o'shea fair enough, as they are only stand in players for united.
Evra for me is a great player who is only getting better, and think he is good enough
carrick, solid but theres alot of competition in the other 3 clubs.
scholes/giggs, i'd be suprised if they didnt get into another top 3 teams
anderson, yeh still young
RyanSxi

30th Jan 08 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Not even a pretty face

Dont be so harsh on yourself.

Predictable
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Brown and o'shea fair enough, as they are only stand in players for united.
Evra for me is a great player who is only getting better, and think he is good enough
carrick, solid but theres alot of competition in the other 3 clubs.
scholes/giggs, i'd be suprised if they didnt get into another top 3 teams
anderson, yeh still young

Evra is the only one who'd get into the Liverpool side out of all those above IMO, and thats not because I think he is good, but its because we currently have one injured and one in-shit-form LBs. He is too suspect in defending for me.

As for the rest, they wouldnt get in. Giggs is no better than Babel, and Scholes wouldnt get in above Gerrard/Alonso/Mascherano in the middle.
p

30th Jan 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Carragher would, some maybe in the future but id go along with that. Torres and Gerrard are world class though! If you took Rooney and Ronaldo out of united it'd be roughly the same arguement

Are you sure that Torres is world class though, I mean he was pretty good at Atletico but he could be really inconsistent and struggle for goals, yes he's done really well for Liverpool in his first season but to suddenly brand him world class is a bit far fetched imo, the terms 'legend' and 'world class' get branded around to much in football.
Tom

30th Jan 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:
Carragher would, some maybe in the future but id go along with that. Torres and Gerrard are world class though! If you took Rooney and Ronaldo out of united it'd be roughly the same arguement

Are you sure that Torres is world class though, I mean he was pretty good at Atletico but he could be really inconsistent and struggle for goals, yes he's done really well for Liverpool in his first season but to suddenly brand him world class is a bit far fetched imo, the terms 'legend' and 'world class' get branded around to much in football.

Has he never played for spain?! He's undoubtedly world class and I reckon you'll struggle to find many who disagree he's not just had a great first season for us he was lacking in good players around him at atletico but always showed his class at international level, even if it wasn't always putting goals away.

Tom

30th Jan 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Answer me this btw is drogba world class?
p

30th Jan 08 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:

3 seasons ago, no. Now yes I think he actually is, I can't name a better striker in world football than him at the moment.

50 caps and 32 goals for the Ivoary Coast is a pretty good record as well.
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
3 seasons ago, no. Now yes I think he actually is, I can't name a better striker in world football than him at the moment.

Now if you had said this at the end of last season I'd of agreed. Now though its hard to do so with him missing so much football. He is world class though.

And IMO Torres is world class, but its all a matter of opinion and Im not too fussed if people dont think he is, aslong as he keeps banging the goals in for us.
Tom

30th Jan 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:

He aint got much competition at ivory coast has he though

Also he's only really had one and a half true good seasons at chelsea and what of him before that, and where's his big international experience? I agree he is shit hot mind.

Now torres who is battling (and winning) for his place in a much stronger spain side and has played at a higher level in international competition and has adapted to the premier league pretty much instantly.... that's why he's world class.
p

30th Jan 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Now if you had said this at the end of last season I'd of agreed. Now though its hard to do so with him missing so much football. He is world class though.

And IMO Torres is world class, but its all a matter of opinion and Im not too fussed if people dont think he is, aslong as he keeps banging the goals in for us.

Yeah well Drogba has missed a bit this season with injury which is a shame but he's doing well again now.

Torres easily has the attributes to become proper world class because he's young, he is a very very good player and i'm sure he will get better and score more, I mean it's still only his first season in England.
p

30th Jan 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:

He aint got much competition at ivory coast has he though

Also he's only really had one and a half true good seasons at chelsea and what of him before that, and where's his big international experience? I agree he is shit hot mind.

Now torres who is battling (and winning) for his place in a much stronger spain side and has played at a higher level in international competition and has adapted to the premier league pretty much instantly.... that's why he's world class.

No he hasn't got much competition at all, but he's still got to bang the goals in and be the leader up front because he's the captain which he does pretty well.
He's done pretty well since he joined Chelsea tbh, I don't know what his goal to appearance ratio is off the top of my head but it isn't that bad, I don't need to even explain about the bad diving and the going to ground to easily because we all know about that, but it's fair to say now he's cut that crap out of his game and has got better for it, why a big fella like him needed to do that in the first place is beyond me.

And yeah Torres has adapted a lot better than Drogba, but all players differ like that, Torres will most prob get a lot better like Drogba did.

I don't know to much about Drogba's international goings on apart from the goals to appearance thing, obviously we know he played in the world cup in Germany and other African Nations tournaments but I don't know much else.

Torres is in the spain squad because he's quality along with Villa, but Aragones has a stupid amount of quality to pick from, and he goes with young players now and leaves the likes of Raul out.
strick206

30th Jan 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torres will be/is world class

Although the kid that atletico have replaced torres with has already scored more goals than torres did last season
Robbo

30th Jan 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adebayor, best striker in the Prem right now, FACT

Robbo

30th Jan 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats cos Torres was hardly prolific for Atletico
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Adebayor, best striker in the Prem right now, FACT

But strangely I'd still pick Torres, Tevez, Drogba and Rooney ahead of him if I had to pick
Robbo

30th Jan 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No-one else would

Hes on fire atm, just needs to keep it up
Marc

30th Jan 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anderson would get in the Liverpool squad, look at the shite you put out for Carling Cup games
Cosmo

30th Jan 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Anderson would get in the Liverpool squad, look at the shite you put out for Carling Cup games

Team or squad?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo and Tom are going to hate me!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0142360 seconds