corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY
James

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These kind of things are always a gamble but you are lucky enough to have a solid user base already so I think it's got a lot of potential
James

P.s. Write the site in .Net
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shane
you dont want a carbon copy of CS, you need something fresh and new
Indeed, hence we only take over a very limited number of members. The moderation in the incubation forum will be strict so people may find that they are not exported over when the time comes if their posts are deleted. Then there will be an approval process before signup for the new place, then strict moderation when people arrive. I'm well aware that there are some things about CS, nice place as it is, that won't be making the transition!
Hamish

Sounds great ian

Dont think it would apply to me too much as im not into/ havent done any trackdays

But its a great idea none the less
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
P.s. Write the site in .Net
Now that IS a gamble
Shane

31st Jan 08 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Indeed, hence we only take over a very limited number of members. The moderation in the incubation forum will be strict so people may find that they are not exported over when the time comes if their posts are deleted. Then there will be an approval process before signup for the new place, then strict moderation when people arrive. I'm well aware that there are some things about CS, nice place as it is, that won't be making the transition!

cool, that pretty much cleans up all of my questions really, obviously CS is staying as it is, but whats going to happen in terms of updates to the site etc, or are you going to get CS to a fairly solid point and let it take a back seat for a while?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plan is that CS doesn't change at all. The only little minor side-effect is that it gets a tiny bit quieter if people spent time elsewhere, but it is still growing anyway so that won't be noticable, certainly wouldn't be apparent in the stats. Plus people may end up cross-posting material back over anyway if it is of interest to the core membership on here.

I'll certainly still be here in the same capacity.

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Ian]
fresh_creps

31st Jan 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a quality idea,very keen to see how it goes.wish ya luck

And I'm defiantly in
Shane

31st Jan 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The plan is that CS doesn't change at all. The only little minor side-effect is that it gets a tiny bit quieter if people spent time elsewhere, but it is still growing anyway so that won't be noticable, certainly wouldn't be apparent in the stats. Plus people may end up cross-posting material back over anyway if it is of interest to the core membership on here.

I'll certainly still be here in the same capacity.

is tim onboard for this project or is he staying with CS

PS feel free to tell me to shut up at anytime, im only trying to get a better understanding of how this is all going to work etc

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Shane]
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Tim is offering his technical mastery. Its on CS hardware until it outgrows it.
Doug

31st Jan 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say that I think it is a great idea.

From my experience I have found owners clubs can be abit boring and snooby. Although the later applies mainly to the BMW world.

I am assuming that your main target in this is to have a site thats a cross between pistonheads and trackscotland? If so it sounds like a great idea.

Personally I am certainly getting more into the track day side of things with trips to the ring etc. I would love to take an active role in such a site!
Tom

31st Jan 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could link in with AK's member base

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Tom]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RCS

31st Jan 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What type of members are you trying to attract car ownership wise? Hot hatch or further up the ladder?
Simon_16v

31st Jan 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good Ian
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hot hatch and perhaps specially prepared occasional cars but not big money specifically.
jr

31st Jan 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you know my thoughts
RCS

31st Jan 08 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to see all the sites (corsa, clio, saxo, 106 etc) come together to organise trackdays.
jr

31st Jan 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its sort of the idea RCS, there is no dedicated forum for trackdays etc that has anytype of traffic or is well organised

with the people we have in place from here, plus the amoutn of times we have proved we can put on decent events, it should be a good thing for all parties
CorsAsh

31st Jan 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool idea

Nurburgring Liaison Rep right here
jr

31st Jan 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug

I am assuming that your main target in this is to have a site thats a cross between pistonheads and trackscotland?

IMO thats spot on doug
Daimo B

31st Jan 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But basically, this is a track day dedicated website?
Pretty much. You in?

I want to, but realisically, I don't have the funding to be an active part of it anymore. Corsa is eventually going, and want to get more into bike track days (its much cheaper ). So no car, no funds to buy one, i'd never be there

Its something I wanted to do as a sideline project to build up my web skills, but has taken a back seat recently.

I even thought about combining it for bikes and cars, but in reality, theres only a few of us that love both, otherwise its quite a large divide between the groups
Mase
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really good idea, it comes at a good time actually, I was thinking of getting some kind of car for a track car soon!

Mase
jr

31st Jan 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But basically, this is a track day dedicated website?
Pretty much. You in?

I even thought about combining it for bikes and cars, but in reality, theres only a few of us that love both, otherwise its quite a large divide between the groups

Which is a massive shame
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Jan 08 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No reason to rule bikes out Daimo, except we don't really know the 'marketplace' for existing sites etc. I assume there are some in place already?

For the record and rather ironically, some of my off roading friends also have bikes and do tours of North Wales etc. as well as the odd track day. There is crossover between the hobbies.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY 23 database queries in 0.0178852 seconds