corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » full resprays

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author full resprays
mantamark

User status: Offline
20th Feb 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full dip - full respray.

its not getting done in the door shuts or under bonnet, basically everything you can see on the outside is getting done.
Ian W

20th Feb 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a full repaint for £900

It included some rust repairs and general tidying of the body, slam panel and door shuts.

Couldn't really fault the job 3 years later
Andy Stocker

20th Feb 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the prep work on the punto myself, guy painted it for £400
Col004

21st Feb 08 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the full gsi kit done, doors, bonet, boot lid, wiper removed and smoothed from boot lid, arial on the roof removed and smoothed, and inside done and the full car including inside the door shuts. Well made up with the job for 1500 quid.

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by Col004]
SAL
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
Ive had the full gsi kit done, doors, bonet, boot lid, wiper removed and smoothed from boot lid, arial on the roof removed and smoothed, and inside done and the full car including inside the door shuts. Well made up with the job for 1500 quid.

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by Col004]

this is going to be hot fair play
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know why anyone would pay for a respray imo i think spending 1500 on a car worht not much than that is a waste,yes like most mods to but it cant be recouped unlike an engine which could be sold on or an exhaust say, just my opion like
SAL
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
i dont know why anyone would pay for a respray imo i think spending 1500 on a car worht not much than that is a waste,yes like most mods to but it cant be recouped unlike an engine which could be sold on or an exhaust say, just my opion like

think out side the box
Dan295

21st Feb 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs your old blue car had a few repsrays through the years didnt it?
SAL
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh which cost a fair few £
SAL
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said before, you get what you pay for

I have not seen another arden blue with as much depth as mine, even parked next to brand new VXR's mine still looked a better finish

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by Stavs]
Dan295

21st Feb 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fresh respray pics
jr

21st Feb 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

how do you suggest getting new paint without a respray then
bigdan

21st Feb 08 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depending on how bad the shell is its around 1k in a back street garage that includes windows out minus the windscreen doors removed and bonnet removed

Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont! i just dont feel its worthwhile when peole can get almost as good results with a few polishing products and a few hours graft, id be the first to admit cars look great with a fresh coat but i could justify the money, guess its similar for those that want to spend 2000 odd quid on insuraing a car the similar price
bigdan

21st Feb 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sprayed my car myself which i think came out pretty good, took about a week though and only cost me 150 in materials
bigdan

21st Feb 08 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i dont! i just dont feel its worthwhile when peole can get almost as good results with a few polishing products and a few hours graft

if you can get some 1 to get an arden blue car to look almost as good as stavs old car with a few polishing products, i will paint your car
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
quote:
i dont! i just dont feel its worthwhile when peole can get almost as good results with a few polishing products and a few hours graft

if you can get some 1 to get an arden blue car to look almost as good as stavs old car with a few polishing products, i will paint your car

thats a deal but i dont think you find a resrpay thats say 1500 quid better than a mop at a bodyshop
bigdan

21st Feb 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdan
quote:

thats a deal but i dont think you find a resrpay thats say 1500 quid better than a mop at a bodyshop

if you have the money and love your car, i would say it is

btw if you prove me wrong im painting your car with a roller
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

img]http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/6560/P9151921.JPG[/img]
granted you cant see the whole car but still....

and this isnt bad for ten year old paint
how are you for the weekend to paint my car, im in jesmond all weekend so would be ideal for you to do it then

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by CorsaB4ever]
jr

21st Feb 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but saying you dont see the point of a full respray on an old car is a bit silly IMO
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
yes, but saying you dont see the point of a full respray on an old car is a bit silly IMO

depends what you class as old, for me 25 years is old not 10, not saying its silly just not very cost effective which is my opinion
bigdan

21st Feb 08 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr

depends what you class as old, for me 25 years is old not 10, not saying its silly just not very cost effective which is my opinion

if you dont have the money its expensive then you dont get it done
Col004

21st Feb 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
i dont! i just dont feel its worthwhile when peole can get almost as good results with a few polishing products and a few hours graft, id be the first to admit cars look great with a fresh coat but i could justify the money, guess its similar for those that want to spend 2000 odd quid on insuraing a car the similar price

@ polish products... I did'nt know these removed little dings ect on the shell from the previous owner.
Personally mine is a weekend toy and a show car for the summer and a hobby for that matter. We've all got the spend our money on something as we cant take it with us can we.
What do you spend your money on... I certainly wont give you a 3rd degree on saying its a waste if you enjoy doing it.....
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 08 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you think a few dings and swirl marks are worth the money fair play to you, im not giving you the third degree just trying to justify my point when asked to,
Col004

21st Feb 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never asked your point... im helping the lad who started the post as to how much a paint job costs.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » full resprays 22 database queries in 0.0134430 seconds