corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Its been asked many times, but i have never seen a difinitive answer..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Its been asked many times, but i have never seen a difinitive answer..
deano87

User status: Offline
12th Mar 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

richc

12th Mar 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by lil_g
quote:

Been in an XE'd Corsa as passenger. Weren't massively impressed tbh.

No offence intended at all. I can definitely see the appeal with an XE'd Corsa. Of course, all that power in such a small car. But it just felt fast.

If it was a tuned and stripped Corsa, I may have a different outlook.

The pull of a straight 6 up to 155mph is much more interesting imho.

Your comparing it to an M3 though!
Twiggy

12th Mar 08 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a X16XE blew that then put the c20xe and i found no differance in the handling... just loooooooads more power in the 2.0....

my choice is the 2.0 but would love a go in the X16XE to see the comparison!
LeeM

13th Mar 08 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All I know, is ideally I'd want a car, that had an engine in it, that was designed to be in it.

do u really think the corsa was designed with 1.0 - 1.6 in mind? it was probably designed with no engine at all. its hardly finely tuned with track use in mind is it, its a shopping car
deano87

13th Mar 08 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
quote:
All I know, is ideally I'd want a car, that had an engine in it, that was designed to be in it.

do u really think the corsa was designed with 1.0 - 1.6 in mind? it was probably designed with no engine at all. its hardly finely tuned with track use in mind is it, its a shopping car

Precisely why it doesn't need/supposed to have a C20XE engine in it.
P1CK4D

13th Mar 08 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the right set-up any car can be made to handle good. I believe mine and Willays cars were good examples of that.
chrex

13th Mar 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the c20ne/SEH weighs about the same as the 16xe.
Daimo B

13th Mar 08 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
1.6 vs 2.0 front end weight..

Just interested really, not interested in 'i think its this or that' or 'my mate says this' Just want to know, from someone who has weighed their car

1.6 front 'axle' weight
2.0 front 'axle' weight

The question is asked in a simple clear manner.....

And look what happens anyway

All we need is a 20XE wet weight, and an X16XE wet weight, and thats the answer.

But as someones said, i think the 2.0 is around 40kg heavier. Spend £4k on that nice ali block, and u've halfed that already

I've been in a 214bhp 1.6. Nippy, but wasn't impressed, and very unreliable. But the noise at 9000rpm was superb.

Been in a 220bhp 2.0 16v, nippy, but again, wasn't "WOW" factor. More reliable than the 1.6, more torque, lower RPM so the noise wasn't as mad, but wasn't nasty either

Been in a 270+bhp LET Corsa, now that WAS fast, but only when above 50mph when they could get traction. I can imagine some of theses 350+bhp monsters really do shift and scare the knackers out of me.

Been in a 250+bhp XE Corsa, now thats the fastest corsas i've ever been in (LuckyB), 150mph and still had plenty of beans, pulled so hard every gear. Mega impressed, but comes with a price tag. Quite reliable though I heard...

Don't get me wrong, been there, done them all, but if you want performance, get a bigger car with a bigger engine, or a bike.....

[Edited on 13-03-2008 by VXR]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Its been asked many times, but i have never seen a difinitive answer.. 22 database queries in 0.1870341 seconds