corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hicks Interview on SSN

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hicks Interview on SSN
Marc

User status: Offline
17th Apr 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
you guys are in the shit if that fucktard stays in charge

Hopefully.
Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
you guys are in the shit if that fucktard stays in charge

Hopefully.

Here is hoping you royally fuck up next season and cant pay the £60m+ loan repayments.
Marc

17th Apr 08 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a serious note though regarding Strick not knowing what you guys apparantley know.

I'm guessing you get your information from fan forums, something anyone can do? Or do you have Carragher calling you with juicy snip bits?
Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
On a serious note though regarding Strick not knowing what you guys apparantley know.

I'm guessing you get your information from fan forums, something anyone can do? Or do you have Carragher calling you with juicy snip bits?

TBH Im sure Strick doesnt go around Liverpool fan forums reading up on all the little snippets of info that are coming out every day through various sources, and then reading most of these get shot down and the odd few which eventually get backed up by fact.

Plus I also doubt he has access to the various other information that isnt out there on the forums that does the rounds via PM between certain members (which I have passed onto Tom!) - such as when DIC came back in with a bid and SoS was formed to try to help push G&H out, and at that first meeting was a DIC representative and a well known reporter who brought him who both spoke in detail about certain topics, and some of this information is still not in the public domain yet.

Although maybe I am wrong and he does, and if thats the case then he must have a lot of free time

Tom

17th Apr 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why a serious note

Are you questioning whether he knows more about what goes at liverpool that liverpool fans do

Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Are you questioning whether he knows more about what goes at liverpool that liverpool fans do

Surely thats a given....United fans know more about all other clubs than anyone else.
Marc

17th Apr 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No just asking if the information you get is available to anyone or if its sent by carrier pigeon to supporters
Marc

17th Apr 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Surely thats a given....United fans know more about all other clubs than anyone else.

strick206

17th Apr 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comments were based on what has been said in the last few weeks and the comments about Hicks Out, and we want gillett were true, i think we all saw the banners at the protests,

Then the we want dic protest (fucking hilarious 1000 scousers with a big banner saying 'we want DIC' though)

Now it seem's Gillett is the badger, and DIC also carried out some foul play with the press to badmouth the current owners

All i was saying is with all those things above happening, it seem's like the liverpool faithful change their allegiance quite often
Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
My comments were based on what has been said in the last few weeks and the comments about Hicks Out, and we want gillett were true, i think we all saw the banners at the protests,

Then the we want dic protest (fucking hilarious 1000 scousers with a big banner saying 'we want DIC' though)

Now it seem's Gillett is the badger, and DIC also carried out some foul play with the press to badmouth the current owners

All i was saying is with all those things above happening, it seem's like the liverpool faithful change their allegiance quite often

Not once have we wanted Gillett to take over on his own, and not once have their been protests/banners saying so. Hicks has been labelled, and rightly so, as the mouthy one - but both of them are who we'd ideally want out.

DIC protests yes, although this was more against G&H rather than for DIC...saying that considering as they were the only others linked with us it was a bit of both in the end.

And again, its certainly not pro-Hicks all of a sudden, infact go and look on ANY Liverpool forum and you'll see multiple 10+ page threads picking his interview to pieces. Its still back at how were were 6 months ago - wanting both the yanks out and either DIC or someone who wont fuck about in.
Tom

17th Apr 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Sorry 'now it seems gillet is the badger' you have drawn that conclusion rather quickly. Did you see some banners since the story ran on SSN this morning

As for DIC, i think most liverpool fans would stand by that

It's gone on for long enough now that some swapping of sides is bound to happen given the media spin but GTF if you think your getting away with saying that the general concensus is that gillet is 'the badger now'
strick206

17th Apr 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say their were protests for sole ownership by Gillett

I said that i saw a banner, i'm sure it was on a street with people holding it up saying Gillett The best we can get' or something, and now he is looking to be the bad one of the two, if what hicks has said is true and they are his genuine plans

It may not be pro-hicks now, but it certainly can't be as anti-hicks as it was 2 weeks ago can it?
Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I said that i saw a banner, i'm sure it was on a street with people holding it up saying Gillett The best we can get' or something, and now he is looking to be the bad one of the two, if what hicks has said is true and they are his genuine plans

It may not be pro-hicks now, but it certainly can't be as anti-hicks as it was 2 weeks ago can it?

Banners tends to mean protests tbh And I remember the banner you saw, although that wasnt the whole of it and it was anti G&H, not pro

And yes, its still as anti Hicks (as anti both of them) as it was before this interview came out. OK I suspect their is the odd person taken in by it, but its certainly not 'We want Hicks' or anything even near that.
strick206

17th Apr 08 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And yes, its still as anti Hicks (as anti both of them) as it was before this interview came out. OK I suspect their is the odd person taken in by it, but its certainly not 'We want Hicks' or anything even near that.

Yet
Cosmo

17th Apr 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ONLY time you will see fans happy with Hicks is when/if he has full control and he begins to come good with what he said he'd do today.

Will it happen? I dont think he will sell, but then again I dont think he'll get full control.

Would he do as he has said if so? Fucks knows - he hasnt been trustworthy so far and this is the problem we have.
Tom

17th Apr 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You tell us mate

strick206

18th Apr 08 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that the reply i get when you don't have an answer to my question
Cosmo

18th Apr 08 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I answered it
Tom

18th Apr 08 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

No I just thought you migth skit at me if i got it wrong

I don't see how you are telling us that liverpool are more influenced by the media than average to which we have said no not really. Now you are saying 'it can't be as anti hicks as it was 2 weeks ago can it'

Why is that exactly, is that because your an outisder looking in and you think some sort of dodgy interview at home will sway liverpool fans, it's gonna take a bit more than that tbh. But no, you cannot completely rule out any scenario as no-one knows what will happen.
Nath

18th Apr 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

TBH Im sure Strick doesnt go around Liverpool fan forums reading up on all the little snippets of info that are coming out every day through various sources, and then reading most of these get shot down and the odd few which eventually get backed up by fact.

Plus I also doubt he has access to the various other information that isnt out there on the forums that does the rounds via PM between certain members (which I have passed onto Tom!) - such as when DIC came back in with a bid and SoS was formed to try to help push G&H out, and at that first meeting was a DIC representative and a well known reporter who brought him who both spoke in detail about certain topics, and some of this information is still not in the public domain yet.

Although maybe I am wrong and he does, and if thats the case then he must have a lot of free time

Hold up, I used a similar line when I spoke about Luton's problems and you shot me down
Cosmo

18th Apr 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Hold up, I used a similar line when I spoke about Luton's problems and you shot me down

Nah, you told me I couldnt possibly know the actual figures involved in Lutons debt (that I said I had read in the papers), where as you would know as do the rounds on the forums. So I went and found the same figures I saw in the papers on the Official Supporters Union (or whatever it was called, wasnt club though) website.

Im not saying he wont know details, as he probably will as its in the papers all the time, but I know for a fact that the media doesnt know, or atleast havent printed, a fair amount of detail that isnt even doing the rounds publically on the supporters forums yet. That is the stuff Im referring to.
Nath

18th Apr 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strick206

18th Apr 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I answered it

I know, it was refering to Thomas
Cosmo

18th Apr 08 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I answered it

I know, it was refering to Thomas

Then in that case...

: that the reply i (dont!) get when you don't have an answer to my reply
strick206

18th Apr 08 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had no need to comment, as that post answers all your own questions

What you said also makes sense, so i had no need to reply/add my views as i agree with what you said about the position you're in

[Edited on 18-04-2008 by strick206]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hicks Interview on SSN 23 database queries in 0.0179582 seconds