corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bought a new car (Astra), EML?? - POOR PIC ADDED TO 1ST POST

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought a new car (Astra), EML?? - POOR PIC ADDED TO 1ST POST
Warren G

User status: Offline
22nd May 08 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
on y20dth etc they only pre glow below -3c though

What does that mean?

still brings up a fault

im pretty sure the give 12v to the glow plugs every time you turn the igntion on for a few seconds, then the ecu picks up theres a fault

why else would you get cars come in middle of summer with eml on in mornings

only way to tell is to get hte codes read
dannymccann

23rd May 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump for the crap pic unless anyone is slightly confused by what i mean
Superlite Ltd.

23rd May 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo service time
dannymccann

23rd May 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Argh! I trust both you and Steve but you say service and Steve is on U2U with me discussion engine problems Why is this stupid thing not in the bloody manual

When I get out of the library Ill give the local dealer a ring see if they have a definite answer

[Edited on 23-05-2008 by dannymccann]
mikenoncorsa

23rd May 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not try and clear it lke it says on the previous page?? If its goes then you know it was service light! If not.......EML
Rob_Lee
Banned

23rd May 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a astra and thats a service light.

pm me your mobile number and when im at work tommorow ill look how to reset it and text you
mikenoncorsa

23rd May 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee

pm me your mobile number and when im at work tommorow ill look how to reset it and text you

I've told him already!! Foot on brake pedal, turn ignition on whilst holding the mileage trip button in. HOld for 20secs or so
Leighton

23rd May 08 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May sound stupid but check the oil.
I have had that on when my oil has been at the bottom of the dip stick filled it up and it went off
(didnt bother reading all the thred either so if you have tryed it unlucky )
Leighton

23rd May 08 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Lee

its not a service light its a light for one of many engine censors or is my manual diferent than all the others
mantamark

23rd May 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate works for vaux as mechanic, i asked him, he says...

"engine electrics light...basically engine management light.... x20dtl....vacuum leak or fucked glow plugs mate...common as muck"

Hope that helps.

ps, the service light on a mk4 astra is in the milometer and it say insp when a service is due.
dannymccann

29th May 08 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that manta (PS Everyone i dont have internet at home atm which is why i havent replied for a little while). It does seem to be a slight vacuum leak i think cos the throttle is slowly becomg less responsive. Ive ordered one of the tech2 reader thingies off ebay to hopefully give me an idea of what it is, should be here soon. I 'think' the glowplugs are ok however I have no real test to say so but when its chilly in the morning they pop on for 3 or 4 seconds then go out and the car has no problem starting up. As said, I believe it to be a vac problem so when i get this thing I will check then on sunday will get the cover off if its something i can do myself Thanks for info

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bought a new car (Astra), EML?? - POOR PIC ADDED TO 1ST POST 22 database queries in 0.0108659 seconds