corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Amusing article from 2003 about England Team in 2008.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amusing article from 2003 about England Team in 2008.....
--DAN--

User status: Offline
29th May 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
You're right, his hard work is also his downfall, so eager to get the ball he comes far too deep and is then out of position. Have to say though, other than Gerrard nobody was playing good through balls, Lampard was shite, did he play a forward pass? Perfect game for Scholes last night imo.

Yeah, Ive no problem with Rooney doing that sort of role aslong as you have a good and pacey player ahead of him (not Defoe, we need someone who can score with every other chance atleast, not one in every 20 shots).

I also think Gerrard needs to be central, behind Rooney, as their link up play together on the left last night showed why the team should be built around them. And with Gerrard running forward from behind Rooney I think it allows him to play his deep forward role.

Although when will an England manager realise Gerrard should be in the centre and Lampard shouldnt be on the pitch.

Some great combinations between the two of them last night, imagine them playing in the same team regularly, would be awesome. Gerrard like Rooney suffers because he can adapt to most positions hence why Fat Frank is always kept in the middle, but it just dosen't work. Barry showed more in his few minutes then Lumplard did all game, great pass to set Gerrard up.
Robbo

29th May 08 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

million dollar question cosmos!
Cosmo

29th May 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some great combinations between the two of them last night, imagine them playing in the same team regularly, would be awesome. Gerrard like Rooney suffers because he can adapt to most positions hence why Fat Frank is always kept in the middle, but it just dosen't work. Barry showed more in his few minutes then Lumplard did all game, great pass to set Gerrard up.

IMO...

------------------------James/whoever--------------------

Richards----------Ferdinand----------Terry----------Cole

-----------------Hargreaves---------Barry-----------------

---------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

---------------Cole---------------------Rooney-------------

---------------------------Someone-------------------------
--DAN--

29th May 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

IMO...

------------------------James/whoever--------------------

Richards----------Ferdinand----------Terry----------Cole

-----------------Hargreaves---------Barry-----------------

---------------------------Gerrard---------------------------

---------------Cole---------------------Rooney-------------

---------------------------Someone-------------------------

Pretty much the same as I would go for, who would be your favourite to play up front? I honestly can't think of an Englishman who plays that role with great effect. Owen a few years back maybe?
Cosmo

29th May 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I am struggling to think of anyone who would fit it. Defoe just isnt good enough, Owen may get back to his best but I doubt it, Crouch would offer the ability to hold the ball up for Rooney/Cole/Gerrard but not sure thats what the system would suit, Walcott is too young and not even played upfront for Arsenal.

So no idea
Hammer

29th May 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

------------------------------James---------------------------

-Brown----------Ferdinand----------Terry----------Cole-

-------------------------Hargreaves--------------------------

------Beckham--------------------------------Cole-----------

-------------------------Gerrard(C)----------------------------

-----------Crouch----------------------Rooney--------------

Swap Cole and Barry depending on who your playing and swap Crouch for someone with pace should it be required. Make Gerrard captain and give him the role he can win games single handedly from for Liverpool.

FTW
Cosmo

29th May 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beckham hasnt got the legs to play that role IMO - although in a 4-4-2 I'd have him there over anyone else.
Hammer

29th May 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pah, Becks is still my hero *swoons*
Robbo

29th May 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liking that selection there Cosmo... as said, we are severly lacking right up front tho... deofe was aweosme lasdt night BUT he didnt look like finishing any of his efforts
Danny P

29th May 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crouch up front in that formation
Cosmo

29th May 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo for England manager. I'd even take a paycut and accept £2m a year.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Amusing article from 2003 about England Team in 2008..... 23 database queries in 0.0135279 seconds