corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just got a parking ticket (advice needed) UPDATED PAGE 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got a parking ticket (advice needed) UPDATED PAGE 3
Doug

User status: Offline
28th May 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparantly if you were to display a sheet of paper saying that you don't agree to the contract of the parking lot then you cant get ticketed or clamped
Lynny

28th May 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
Apparantly if you were to display a sheet of paper saying that you don't agree to the contract of the parking lot then you cant get ticketed or clamped

Does this work with other 'rules of the road'?
Carl

28th May 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

more likely to get clamped then i bet, bit harder to get out of than just ignoring a ticket!
Timbaland
Banned

28th May 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt give a fuck where you were parked, I hate parking tickets with a passion, REALLY hate them.

The people who say 'you should have parked in a space...blah blah blah..' Couldnt give a shit, We pay road tax and thats enough for me. If they want us to use there facilties wether its a Shopping centre, swimming, train station then they should shove there tickets.

In this case its a private company and they cant actually pursue the case, But for the fact that they will send your ticket to you purely by knowing your reg suggests that they are within the authority to check the database.

Usually they put the ticket on and hope you pay it because they cant find your address as they cant access the DVLA system, But this company seem to have access which is the first iv heard.

Its a touchy one imo.
Colin

28th May 08 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bucket....job done.
Timbaland
Banned

28th May 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If they have a sign anywhere in the car park stating you leave your car there at your 'own risk' then this doesnt apply and they can clamp it. They cannot lift it though as its theft as opposed to legally removing it e.g Council, Police, DVLA etc.
John

28th May 08 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The companies can all access the dvla, they just ask for your address.

I've currently had the first 'debt collector' letter through, told them to www.gettaefuck.com

They have got me slightly worried though.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th May 08 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone can request DVLA details with reasonable cause.

The not accepting the contract one is a good one, unless they then do you for trespass?
John

28th May 08 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I made a booboo when I was complaining, said I was in the McDonalds at the time, should have just said I didn't know who was driving , i'll just need to see how it pans out.
blebo

29th May 08 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Small print somewhere will say that by using the carpark you are accepting the conditions of the contract
LeeM

29th May 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I made a booboo when I was complaining, said I was in the McDonalds at the time, should have just said I didn't know who was driving , i'll just need to see how it pans out.

you wakllked to mcdonalds and someone else was driving youre car?
John

29th May 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did think about that, I didn't say I was driving the car.

I'll update this with how it pans out anyway.
Ren

29th May 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blebo
quote:

Small print somewhere will say that by using the carpark you are accepting the conditions of the contract

But surely there must be a loophole, in which, if you say you're not accepting the contract in plain writing, then it doesn't matter if you park there?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

29th May 08 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay a council one. Mate hasn't bothered with Euro Car Parks etc though. Is no worries there.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
nova_gteuk

29th May 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had numerous fines from ncp they run the trainstation car park in neath. and i always used to park there for days when i worked in neath,id get a fine most weeks

Always had letter's demanding payment,after i phoned citizens advice after the first fine they told me im not obliged to pay it unless its a council run car park

They used to send letters saying my car would be clamped/towed debt collectors would come etc.

That was over 2 years ago after three months they gave up.

and that car park had me on cctv so they knew i was driving lol.

Brett
Premium Member

29th May 08 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one for parking in a disabled bay at Asda from EuroCarParks. Just chucked it and never heard anything again
Carl

29th May 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by blebo
quote:

yep, but they can't prove who it was that entered into this contract, thats the point. They have no power to force someone to admit they entered that contract either so unless they have clear evidence of the driver, on that day, they are stuck. They just try and scare people into paying up.
John

30th May 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a final notice through this morning before they take me to court.

I know it's scare tactics but its talking about credit rating etc which i'm not willing to fuck up for the sake of a parking ticket.

I don't know enough about it to be confident that i'd 100% win if i went to court
nova_gteuk

30th May 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cant fuck up your credit rating, ignore it.

And you want have to go to court,just ignore them they will go away in the end.
John

30th May 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can if they actually take me to court though and i'm not confident enough that they won't.

They seem to have taken it further than most of the other reports in here.
Robbo

30th May 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
It cant fuck up your credit rating, ignore it.

And you want have to go to court,just ignore them they will go away in the end.

a) yes it can

b) it wont go away
nova_gteuk

30th May 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had some years ago they went away.

And it cant affect your credit rating,they cant affect the credit rating without knowing who was driving the car at that point in time
John

30th May 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm admitting defeat on this one and shitting my pants I think, i'd much rather pay them than have trouble getting a mortgage because of something so stupid
Brett
Premium Member

30th May 08 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can it affect your credit rating? Pretty sure it can't.
nova_gteuk

30th May 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'm admitting defeat on this one and shitting my pants I think, i'd much rather pay them than have trouble getting a mortgage because of something so stupid

How many letters have you had threatning court/legal action?

I used to get 2 a week saying if i didnt pay up in 7 days it would be straight in court, and i had letters saying id have debt collectors or my car would be twoed/clamped this went on for three months.

After the three months it stopped must of got bored.

Ring citizens advice they even told me i wasnt obliged to pay it

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just got a parking ticket (advice needed) UPDATED PAGE 3 23 database queries in 0.0148730 seconds