corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices.
WATSON

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
This sounds like the kind of behaviour that gets modified car owners a bad name to me...nothing good will come of it IMO

spot on
Timbaland
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Gordon Brown] Hey Guys, Looks like we are being forced into dropping fuel prices to 80p a litre, Theres a bunch of Saxo's and Corsa's on the M1 and i cant see them moving untill we drop the prices [Gordon Brown]

Aye, I can see it working mate. Let us know how it goes.
Scotty C

6th Jun 08 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL Timbaland
Twiggy

6th Jun 08 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as its not on the A55 (my route home) you can block as many roads/m'ways as you like i dont mind....

wont make a differance though.... will Mr brown be on the motorway at the time or is the idea to piss as many tax payers as poss? he will be laughing at you!

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Twiggy]
deano87

6th Jun 08 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Planty02
This sounds like the kind of behaviour that gets modified car owners a bad name to me...nothing good will come of it IMO
Fonz
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 06:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair what sort of behaviour get modified car owners a good name?
Phi

6th Jun 08 at 06:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why waste your petrol?
waters

6th Jun 08 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
[Gordon Brown] Hey Guys, Looks like we are being forced into dropping fuel prices to 80p a litre, Theres a bunch of Saxo's and Corsa's on the M1 and i cant see them moving untill we drop the prices [Gordon Brown]

pow
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by waters
quote:

Wont work. Lorry drivers need to do this, not car modders.

What WE need to do is a massive pertision (sp) and someone personally present it to Downing Street.
Jules

6th Jun 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi Luke
It really could work. You'd only need 4 cars.

The law is that the minimum speed on a motorway is 40mph. All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway. How would they prove you're lying? It'd cause absolute havoc doing it on the M25 at rush hour. You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people who know each other well.

Obviously 4 cars would be a minimum, but even that would take ages to move... Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by SRi Luke]

Genius - you total fucking tool.

Think about what you're saying?

Blocking motorways so the everyday joe in the street is late for work, untold tailbacks, people late for appointment - some of which might be urgent, missed flights, dangerous driving as people attempt to pass and the small matter of what happens if emergency vehicles need to get through - then it becomes a matter of life and death for some poor cunt(s)

Do something about fuel prices by all means - but not at the expense of the people that you claim to be trying to help by pissing them off and disrupting them trying to go about their everyday buisness.

Idiots, plain fucking idiots.
deano87

6th Jun 08 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_phi
why waste your petrol?

Most sensible thing I think I've heard Phi ever say good point.

Although 40mph in 5th does get good fuel economy
pow
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parked up outside your house is the best fuel economy
Timbaland
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

The law is that the minimum speed on a motorway is 40mph. All four of you could accidentally brake down at accidentally the same position on the motorway. How would they prove you're lying? It'd cause absolute havoc doing it on the M25 at rush hour. You could make the biggest traffic jam in history quite easily if you plan it well and have a few willing and intelligent people who know each other well.

Obviously 4 cars would be a minimum, but even that would take ages to move... Imagine blocking the hard shoulder too. The recovery van would have to drive the wrong way down the motorway.

Blocking motorways so the everyday joe in the street is late for work, untold tailbacks, people late for appointment - some of which might be urgent, missed flights, dangerous driving as people attempt to pass and the small matter of what happens if emergency vehicles need to get through - then it becomes a matter of life and death for some poor cunt(s)

Do something about fuel prices by all means - but not at the expense of the people that you claim to be trying to help by pissing them off and disrupting them trying to go about their everyday buisness.

Tell all the lorry drivers that done that last week then.
Neo

6th Jun 08 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^

The end of the day, thats the kind of disruption people are out to try and cause. Would work better on a monday morning, if everyone were to strike from work due to prices, it would bend the country over, but wouldnt work if only a few people do it.

Unfortunately you need thousands of cars, and not just modded corsa's and saxo's.

Still wont change anything
fir3vip3r

6th Jun 08 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no wonder nothing gets done in this country tbh. sounds like a 1 vote wont matter attitude. if your fed up paying silly prices do something. everyones moaning on these forums but they do fuck all about it.

tell you why roadblocks are good is because its the only way u can get any sort of message across, those petitions have made a big difference. walking around with placards does fuck all.

so why not cost the government a few million pound when people cant get to work, lorries cant make deliveries.

you have a voice use it.
Fro

6th Jun 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing it on a sunday will nto disrupt much, coulda turn the m25 into one big traffic ring during a rush hour though
Brett
Premium Member

6th Jun 08 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a load of 17yr old who want an excuse to cause trouble to me. TBH I can't wait to see the pictures of these chav'd up 'ridez' doing their rolling road block, i'll be laughin my ass off
Neo

6th Jun 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Doing it on a sunday will nto disrupt much, coulda turn the m25 into one big traffic ring during a rush hour though

To have the impact you need, it'd me a monday morning, all routes to the m25 blocked (M1, M3, M4, M40, A1 etc) doing 40, and then get on the m25 and continue. That would cause unbeliveable hell, just do once around that then head home at 6 at night

I'd happily partake in that, as would my boss, however it wouldnt be the same it it wasnt a weekday.
Ash_EP3

6th Jun 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
Right, the first idea was to block petrol stations, but instead we shall be doing a rolling road block down the M1. Uk modified are quite well known down here in Lincoln, we are a association with Max Power, and we have been to many shows, we are at Pride of Lincoln every sunday night at 8pm till 10 then a small convoy down to ncp where we all have a chat etc.

Not a good idea, people are too dependant on their cars and most people WILL pay the price of fuel to drive them no matter of the cost... the whole point is to try and make us back off from using our cars sooo much!

In the long run it's going to be the car manufacturers that will lose out due to them having (for example) 6.0L V8 cars which are extremely thirsty and no-one will want to buy them due to the cost of fuel + tax

As soon as cars can run on another type of fuel (hydrogen fuel cells perhaps) then there won't be a worry about fuel (providing it's cheaper than petrol )

I do agree that the prices are very steep tho, it's literally going up a couple of pence every week!
Jules

6th Jun 08 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Blocking motorways so the everyday Joe in the street is late for work, untold tailbacks, people late for appointment - some of which might be urgent, missed flights, dangerous driving as people attempt to pass and the small matter of what happens if emergency vehicles need to get through - then it becomes a matter of life and death for some poor cunt(s)

Do something about fuel prices by all means - but not at the expense of the people that you claim to be trying to help by pissing them off and disrupting them trying to go about their everyday business.

The lorry drivers have their livelihoods at stake - and they were only protesting for the price of diesel to be dropped (for their benefit) - I have no problem with the lorry drivers doing what they did if it means they stay in employment - a load of "cruizerz" in modded motors wanting cheaper petrol so they have more disposable cash to spend on other things can hardly be compared to lorry drivers who are at the ends of their financial means!

Another one to add to the idiot tally.....
Timbaland
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Blocking motorways so the everyday Joe in the street is late for work, untold tailbacks, people late for appointment - some of which might be urgent, missed flights, dangerous driving as people attempt to pass and the small matter of what happens if emergency vehicles need to get through - then it becomes a matter of life and death for some poor cunt(s)

Do something about fuel prices by all means - but not at the expense of the people that you claim to be trying to help by pissing them off and disrupting them trying to go about their everyday business.

The lorry drivers have their livelihoods at stake - and they were only protesting for the price of diesel to be dropped (for their benefit) - I have no problem with the lorry drivers doing what they did if it means they stay in employment - a load of "cruizerz" in modded motors wanting cheaper petrol so they have more disposable cash to spend on other things can hardly be compared to lorry drivers who are at the ends of their financial means!

Another one to add to the idiot tally.....

Your obviously the idiot if you think that its gonna be any safer just because its lorry's doing it. All the same things are still involved i.e potential accidents, emergency services not getting access and so on.

So basically because its Lorry's, You think it's safer??

I agree with you, Modded cars doing it is just going to be ridiculous and look sooo stupid but it doesnt mean its any more dangerous than lorry's doing it. Dont you agree on that?
Rick Draper

6th Jun 08 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

Yep, these protests will do fuckall. Dont see the point in them. Save your fuel and dont do a gay rolling road block.
fir3vip3r

6th Jun 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
I would be proper fucked off if a load of idiots were holding me up doing 30 on the motorway

Yep, these protests will do fuckall. Dont see the point in them. Save your fuel and dont do a gay rolling road block.

what do you suggest then?
Rob B

6th Jun 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bandwagon in here, oh my days.

Fair play to them, theyve made the news, and actually got out there and done something unlike the hundreds on here that moan about it but do nothing.
Rick Draper

6th Jun 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

what do you suggest then?

Sitting at home and saving your fuel. It will have no impact on fuel prices.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rolling Road Block, Protest Against Petrol Prices. 22 database queries in 0.0129151 seconds