corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 registerd as 1.2???

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 registerd as 1.2???
nova_gteuk

User status: Offline
14th Aug 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked in an accident repair place few years back.

and when they came out to inspect the cars.
I never once saw them check engine numbers or engine siize and the number of people ive personally seen having insurance payout even with a 2 litre in their registered 1.2 is unbelivable after having an accident.

Do so at your own risk tbh.
djmattyh

14th Aug 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's not worth the hassle then tbh. too many nobs that will grass you up to dvla.

[Edited on 14-08-2008 by djmattyh]
John

14th Aug 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B3KAN

14th Aug 08 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djmattyh
it's not worth the hassle then tbh. too many nobs that will grass you up to dvla.

How is the person that grasses a nob? More like the badger that drives about in an illigal car thats a nob
Ellis

14th Aug 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Aye, seen it happen too many times now...

Dunno about them being nobs though
richard_cooper

14th Aug 08 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it all right or dont have one

People are stupid if they have a 2L and its not registered as one!
WATSON

14th Aug 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Reg it as the 2L

whats the point in getting insurance if you are still keeping it on the book as the 1.2.

Ermm cheap tax?

Just because its not registered as a 2.0 doesnt mean its not insured as one.

Errr you crash and they see the engine they fuck you over. bloody hell!
Lynny

14th Aug 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

oh stfu. Reason why cars with 2l conversions are expensive to run and insure is to try to deter people without the experience of having a car of this power of buying them. If you have to ask on a forum if its fine to have a 2.0 reg as a 1.2 then you clearly dont have the car knowledge to own one. Not to mention that fact that the poor person you crash into will be left high and dry as even IF it is insured as a 2.0, which is unliekly if you have no ncb, if its not taxed right etc, insurance company will find a way of invalidating your insurance and then the victim looses their ncb and the hassle of sorting out their car having been hit by an uninsured driver...
nova_gteuk

14th Aug 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aslong as its insured as a 2 litre the insurance wont fuck you over,ive never known somone with an illegal conversion to not get a payout.

Aslong as its insured as a 2litre all youd get is a fine for not paying correct tax, if your caught.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Aug 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
Aslong as its insured as a 2 litre the insurance wont fuck you over,ive never known somone with an illegal conversion to not get a payout.

Aslong as its insured as a 2litre all youd get is a fine for not paying correct tax, if your caught.

At least some1 knows its not as bad as ppl are making it out to be.
John

14th Aug 08 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the system is crap doesn't mean it's not as bad as it's made out to be, you're still a fanny for doing it.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Aug 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because the system is crap doesn't mean it's not as bad as it's made out to be, you're still a fanny for doing it.

Me??Whos says ive done it??
nova_gteuk

14th Aug 08 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do feel bad saying it though.

all the people who do illegal conversions and dont register them so they save stuffing gordon browns pocket.

Naughty Naughty.

Disclaimer: i dont advise you do anything illegal or tax avaison which could effect gordon browns piggybank. he needs all his pennys to run his big Jags.even though big gas guzzlers are bad
Lynny

14th Aug 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by John

Me??Whos says ive done it??

think he meant you in the general sense of the word, like people as a whole, not one particular person

[Edited on 14-08-2008 by Alex_NSM]
Ellis

14th Aug 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
+1, as much as i hate saying it i was involved in a RTA when i had not declared my conversion, yet i got away with it...
B3KAN

14th Aug 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:
+1, as much as i hate saying it i was involved in a RTA when i had not declared my conversion, yet i got away with it...

Badger

Thing is if your going to insure it correct then why not declare it on the log book correct wow cheaper tax its just the same price as taxing a 1600
Iain M

14th Aug 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It will be a lot cheaper for me to keep it as a 1.2 as i haven't got a no claims bonus

TWAT!!!! is all i can say if you do.

Be smart and save up and wait till you can properly drive one and enjoy it.
steve101

14th Aug 08 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol it's a shame they're not like Renault engines (the recent ones) - the 1.4 16v all the way up to the 2.0 16v F4R (non RS) all look the same, and have their engine number rivetted onto the block on a small plate.

However, not changing the documents in any case is just silly, as there are a lot of people out there who spend time, and money making sure their car is legal. Is it really worth the risk not declaring? I think not.
Jill
Premium Member

14th Aug 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It will be a lot cheaper for me to keep it as a 1.2 as i haven't got a no claims bonus

Yeah and people like you acting and thinking like that put honest decent peoples insurance premiums up If you can't afford to run/maintain a car properly you shouldn't get the car in the first place. Have you thought about other things such as parts, servicing etc??? And if you're planning on keeping it as a 1.2 on the logbook for insurance reasons I wouldn't even bother getting ANY insurance because if you have any sort of accident you will not be covered at all if the engine mod (or any mods for that matter) are not declared.

JILL

[Edited on 14-08-2008 by Jill]
Ellis

14th Aug 08 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, only reason folk buy insurance when they haven't declared is so when they get PNC'd it comes up as having valid insurance...hmmmm!
davey_jack

14th Aug 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance premiums go up every year anyway, if it wasnt so expensive to declare engine conversions, more people would do it.
I work in insurance, and I know for a fact insurance companies love people not declaring modifications as it gives them an excuse not to pay out if you make a claim.
Think about it, they still have the premium you have paid, but when you have an accident they have no liability what so ever as the insurance is invalid.

The reality of it is that most independent assessors do not have a clue!
I've never seen one even look under the bonnet of a car, and even if they did, are they going to notice the difference in engines? I highly doubt it!
The police dont have any way of checking your car is insured for the modifications without phoning your insurance company and half of them cant be arsed to sit on hold for 10 minutes!
I dont know where you would stand with VOSA but I wouldnt take the chance personally.

If you are going to drive a car with an unregistered engine coversion, do so at your own risk, but certainly dont advertise it to members of this forum as there are people on here with nothing better to do than stitch you up by alerting VOSA/DVLA/whoever.
B3KAN

14th Aug 08 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Yea, only reason folk buy insurance when they haven't declared is so when they get PNC'd it comes up as having valid insurance...hmmmm!

Is that what you did?
Corsa_Sport21

14th Aug 08 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May i also add that 99% of the time,if u have an accident with another party and you havnt declared mods,your insurance company will pay out to the 3rd party then either claim it back from you or increase your premium with the mods your vehicle has on it.Or they will just cancel your policy.
Timbaland
Banned

14th Aug 08 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
Insurance premiums go up every year anyway, if it wasnt so expensive to declare engine conversions, more people would do it.
I work in insurance, and I know for a fact insurance companies love people not declaring modifications as it gives them an excuse not to pay out if you make a claim.
Think about it, they still have the premium you have paid, but when you have an accident they have no liability what so ever as the insurance is invalid.

The reality of it is that most independent assessors do not have a clue!
I've never seen one even look under the bonnet of a car, and even if they did, are they going to notice the difference in engines? I highly doubt it!
The police dont have any way of checking your car is insured for the modifications without phoning your insurance company and half of them cant be arsed to sit on hold for 10 minutes!
I dont know where you would stand with VOSA but I wouldnt take the chance personally.

If you are going to drive a car with an unregistered engine coversion, do so at your own risk, but certainly dont advertise it to members of this forum as there are people on here with nothing better to do than stitch you up by alerting VOSA/DVLA/whoever.

Only decent thing said in this thread.
davey_jack

14th Aug 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol! Cheers timbaland, you are a real producer and not just a piano man!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 2.0 registerd as 1.2??? 22 database queries in 0.0162370 seconds