corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Terry reappointed - DISGRACE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Terry reappointed - DISGRACE
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
20th Aug 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Revolver
He's a failure as a Captain.

First time since 1994 England have failed to reach the finals. I was hoping it would prove a good thing in the long run, but giving the captaincy back to the guy who masterminded this failure.

They made Steve McClaren captain, are you sure?

quote:
Originally posted by Revolver
I was hoping for a new era, new players, new captain. Instead, its the same old.

John Terry is one of the most over rated players going!

I appreciate what you're saying about Rio and his missed drug tests etc etc, but if given the choice out of who'd I'd rather have in the side, I would choose Rio for his solidness.

With Terry being captain, this basically means automatic selection, where as Rio has competition from woodgate, richards, king, dawson, upson, brown etc.

There are only so many to choose from, something like 180 English players were fielded in the Premiership last season, it doesn't give a huge pool for selecting an alternative squad.

I don't see how anyone can say that John Terry is over-rated unless it is an opinion born from hatred at the fact he plays for a rival team? Managers of the Calibre of Mourinho wouldn't have kept him, especially when he didn't want the likes of Shevchenko who was, prior to his move to Chelsea, one of the worlds top strikers.

From his previous antics, I don't think Capello will have any issues with dropping any player, arm band or not. If they are not performing I wouldn't be surprised to not see them included. At the end of the day, if both fit and both performing, the central 2 would always be Ferdinand and Terry over any of the others, they have more international experience and the others do not have CL experience either, other than Brown who was deputising at right back anyway.
TomWilly

20th Aug 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JT for captain
Revolver

20th Aug 08 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair points made, and I respect your opinions mate.

I agree, the wolly with the brolly is more of a bigger goatscape than Terry, but the fact remains he was still Captain and couldn't get us to the Euro's.

All I'm saying is, its like 1 step forward and 2 steps back by re-appointing the Failing Captain.

I noticed Barwick is stepping down as well. This can only be a good thing for English football.

Does anyone know who is in the running to be the next FA Chief Exec?
Limecat
Banned

20th Aug 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see it that way to be honest, a bit like the fact people want changes to the team, thats exactly what McClaren did when he came in, dropped about 4 regulars as if he was swayed by public opinion, they started crap and he re-instated them one at a time, they then won 4 on the bounce, about 4-0 each time IIRC? He made the rod for his own back from the word go.

I personally didn't want Capello, I think O'Neill should have been given the job, he has excelled at every job he has taken on and worked with Brian Clough in the early days. He was the best candidate IMO.

Just as Gerrard and Terry were the best candidates for the captaincy.

Not a clue on the FA thing though?
Revolver

20th Aug 08 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click here mate. - Barwick to Leave post.

I didn't want Capello either.

The people's choice should of got it really, Harry Redknapp, but fair play to him he's happy at Portsmouth at the moment.

He isn't a Yes man though, so couldn't see him lasting too long. If he was hired though... Lampard would be guaranteed a game every time and made captain (being his uncle? and all that).
J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your wrong on the yes man thing, Capello is a very strong minded man, he will be telling the FA what he needs and when he needs it.
Limecat
Banned

20th Aug 08 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I genuinely like Redknapp but for me, it was above his mantle, he is often touted as a wheeler dealer and I think his success comes from some of his shrewd purchases, although he has made some errors on that front but so has every manager. I don't think his credentials or tactical knowledge is upto it.

Oh, I just looked and it was 2-2 tonight, England equalising in the 90th minute! FFS.
Hammer

20th Aug 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this entire saga certainly shows 1 thing....the home nations place far, far too much emphasis on who the captain is and his role on the field. From the fans being in uproar over the decision to the actual long drawn out process in the first place.

Fair enough off it the captain is the mouthpiece but on it he should be 1 cog in a collective unit.
Limecat
Banned

20th Aug 08 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, although it is a common cliché in football that you need leaders all over the park, the fact it has created such discussion can only be a good thing as it in essence means that England have that.
Robbo

20th Aug 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

goatscape
Danny P

20th Aug 08 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Players dont give a fuck about England anyways.

Might as well fuck all these "superstars" off and get a team of hardworking players who might not be as good, but actually want to play for thier country, then we might get some passion back when it comes to the National team, becuase right now, I couldnt actually give a fuck either way
strick206

20th Aug 08 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, i know, let's play the Huddersfield team for england, they'd have all the passion in the world, but they still won't qualify because they are fucking shite Get off your high horse about superstars etc.

Serious post to follow
strick206

20th Aug 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally, i think Terry should have been third choice to get the captaincy, for the following reasons.

I hate the guy, he's a complete and utter tosser.

He is over-rated and makes too many mistakes when playing for england, but for some reason Rio always gets the blame

Being the captain means he gets a guaranteed starting place. When he isn't good enough for that.

I think Gerrard should have got it, but only because he captains Liverpool so has the experience leading a team. Rio isn't united captain yet, he will be when giggs and neville go.

A benefit of Rio not being captain is his place isn't secure, drop him please please please, so he can concentrate on united. Won't happen though, because he is our best defender. Terry's position should be under threat from other players.

Also, when fit, Gerrard is certain to play, and for that reason, he should be captain.

Personally i wish no united players got in the england squad, all they get is the press saying they are shite and the chelsea players are amazing.

I hope england don't qualify for the world cup now, especially after still not being able to win at home, all be it against a decent side
J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say Gerrard has captained Liverpool and has experience, but JT has captained Chelsea for seasons aswell.
strick206

20th Aug 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
You say Gerrard has captained Liverpool and has experience, but JT has captained Chelsea for seasons aswell.

I know, but i don't consider Terry to be the right man for the other reasons i stated, and because he comes accross as someone everyone would hate and not listen to
Limecat
Banned

20th Aug 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in thinking that the banned from driving 4 times, including for drink-driving, Rio Ferdinand is your second choice?

OK, you are honest enough to say you hate John Terry but I bet you would worship him if he played for ManUre. The thing is that Terry is a different character off the field, he doesn't crave a celebrity type status, unlike someone like Gerrard/Lampard/Beckham etc.

When was the last time you spotted him doing an advert? I don't even know who he is with? Get away from all the shit associated with the team, at the last World Cup, half of the coverage was about the team, the other half was about colour vibrator/thong the 'WAGS' had and how much they had to drink? Does anyone actually give a flying fuck as I think there are some sad twats out there who do, either that or it is lazy journalism?
Cosmo

20th Aug 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
When was the last time you spotted him doing an advert? /quote]

I have seen him doing a load of adverts for Samsung
strick206

20th Aug 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LETGSI16V, you are possibly the most biased against anything Man United i person on here.

If Rio didnt play for united you wouldnt be half as much against him as you are

I didnt know he had been banned 4 times, i knew he had for speeding, and i didnt know he had been done for drink driving

Terry was on the samsung and adidas adverts not long back wasnt he? when do you see Gerrard and Rio on adverts?

No i hate John Terry, if he played for man united i dont think he'd be as much of a badger because fergie doesnt let players come out chatting all sorts of shite, he does that himself.

Also, he is a tosser for missing that penalty, no keeper, in the world, ever would stand in the middle of the goal in that situation, so why he didnt hit it down the middle i have no idea, he tried to take the perfect penalty straight into the side netting and paid the price

Lets get this straight, i dont care about england, i couldnt give a shit if they never qualified for another major tournament, never played another united player, even if all the others died in a freak accident, i just personally think JT is a complete and utter wanker, and shouldnt be the captain, Gerrard should, then rio, because rio is genuinely passionate about the game and does a lot of leading on the pitch, maybe even more so than Terry when he is the captain.

J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one where he and SWP are in suits knocking a ball about?
J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gerrard does Lucozade adverts and Rio does 'merking' tv shows.
strick206

20th Aug 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Gerrard does Lucozade adverts and Rio does 'merking' tv shows.

How long ago was that god damn awful show though

Done nothing for a while i don't think

So his point about Terry keeping out of the limelight is a little wrong
J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well none of that crap rubs with me anyway, why would an advert change your ability to lead or not in some players cases?
If your a good captain, you could do 1000 adverts a year for me.

[Edited on 20-08-2008 by J da Silva]
Cosmo

20th Aug 08 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
LETGSI16V, you are possibly the most biased against anything Man United i person on here.

As Ive said I dont know how many times - he isnt biased against any club other than the one the member he can get the most reaction out of supports.
Cosmo

20th Aug 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well none of that crap rubs with me anyway, why would an advert change your ability to lead or not in some players cases?
If your a good captain, you could do 1000 adverts a year for me.

Exactly - Gerrard does adverts (no idea how many, we dont get to see half of them over here) and he is a great captain for us.
J da Silva

20th Aug 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if that is the case Craig Stabilizers, then his only hope is probably the Derby, Spurs and Rangers fans on the boards.

It would be pointless saying Corinthians are shit because I'd be beating him to it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Terry reappointed - DISGRACE 23 database queries in 0.0120211 seconds