corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not logging a car!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not logging a car!
barter

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 08 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was left as a 1.6 gsi.i wouldnt insure it as a 2ltr though.my mate done a let nova and registerd it as a 2ltr but paid 1.4sr insurence old bill thought was abit werid pulled him and took the car.better to leave it as it is and just test your luck.xe arnt worth the money if you pay it all legally there never on the road anoth lol.
johnhara1

22nd Oct 08 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change it to 2.0 on the log book mate.

Even when you do this it will still show as a 1.4 on the insurance database and if the new owner wants to insure it illegally he can just re-register it as a 1.4 (note down old engine no.)

barter

22nd Oct 08 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its worse having it on one and not the other than not having it at all. if it was down as a 1.4 and insured as a 1.4 and old bill are driving behind you and do a check all comes up ok. if it comes as a 2ltr but with 1.4 insurence you fooked.
Jules

22nd Oct 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barter
mine was left as a 1.6 gsi.i wouldnt insure it as a 2ltr though.my mate done a let nova and registerd it as a 2ltr but paid 1.4sr insurence old bill thought was abit werid pulled him and took the car.better to leave it as it is and just test your luck.xe arnt worth the money if you pay it all legally there never on the road anoth lol.

Yeah cos that worked for your mate with the LET Nova!
John

22nd Oct 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who do this should be reported and sent to jail to be bummed but thats a different matter.

You say you'll pay the insurance etc but not declare it for the sake of 60 quid tax, that just makes you an idiot and I wouldn't want to chance crashing into an idiot in a corsa with a big engine.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Some people
Jambo

22nd Oct 08 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its illegal for a reason. If you cant afford £65 then you shouldnt have done the conversion.

This is why Corsas get a bad name.

Nobody wants to pay tax, its sucks. Man up and pay it. If your man enough to have an xe, you should be big enough to pay tax.

Alot of people saying "they wont check" etc. They might, and hopefully that wont be after a RTA when it comes back as you not being insured etc. What happens if someone is hurt/killed? That you would pay for for years, worth the risk for £65?!

A bank job is great if you dont get caught, as is not paying tax etc. But thats an incredibly stupid way of looking at it
barter

22nd Oct 08 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

Yeah cos that worked for your mate with the LET Nova!

you some sort of nugget? exactly like i said it didnt work for him loggin it as one and insuring as anoth dont work
Jules

22nd Oct 08 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said it didn't work for him, then say to leave it as it is and test your luck

Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nugget
Jules

22nd Oct 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I'd gone into a time warp and came out in the early 90's........
P1CK4D

22nd Oct 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you cant declare it properly and the right way, imo, you dont deserve it. Its exactly the same as theives stealing because they cant afford it.
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Oct 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of you arent understanding what hes getting at tho.

If he sticks it down on the V5 as a 2.0 16v,its gonna be alot harder to sell in the future.Some ppl(infact prob 80%) wont want to insure it as a 2.0 16v due to maybe theyr age,driving convictions etc.I am against all this keeping it insured as a 1.4, but at the end of the day,hes gotta think ahead.Getting a quick sale if need be is better than waiting around for the honest buyer.

So really its not just about saving £60.
nova_gteuk

22nd Oct 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
If you cant declare it properly and the right way, imo, you dont deserve it. Its exactly the same as theives stealing because they cant afford it.

Yes i agree lineing gordon browns pockets is more important than saveing a few quid,especially at this time when every penny counts.
nova_gteuk

22nd Oct 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Alot of you arent understanding what hes getting at tho.

If he sticks it down on the V5 as a 2.0 16v,its gonna be alot harder to sell in the future.Some ppl(infact prob 80%) wont want to insure it as a 2.0 16v due to maybe theyr age,driving convictions etc.I am against all this keeping it insured as a 1.4, but at the end of the day,hes gotta think ahead.Getting a quick sale if need be is better than waiting around for the honest buyer.

So really its not just about saving £60.

At least somone can see what hes trying to acheive.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
At least somone can see what hes trying to acheive.

Everyone can see what he's doing ffs

That doesn't make it right, no matter how many of your friends (that coincidently have done everything under the sun) do it.

Nugget.
nova_gteuk

22nd Oct 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nugget,hes not condoning it though.

He's just making his car appeal to a larger market.

It would be up to the new owner to change the details,hence hes not doing anything wrong
Jambo

22nd Oct 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Righhhttt soooooo... he's gunna risk writing off tousands of pound, insruance and police trouble for it to be sellable?!?
oceansoul

22nd Oct 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its illegal end of. If you want to make it appeal to a larger market leave it standard. If you want to put in a bigger engine then you have to take on the responsibilites of driving it, i.e. tax, insurance etc. You cant just decide to put in a bigger engine then just forget about declaring it. Not changing the Log Book because you cant afford the insurance due to age or convivtins, Right think of why your insurance is so expenie at a young age, because your inexperinced thus more likely to be involved in an accident. Espically if you have a bigger engine.

Im sorry but i hope a copper comes on here (im sure there are some) and see's this. The 1 thing i hate on the roads (more than the chavs) are drivers driving uninsured/un taxed cars. Which is basically what you are driving :@
Jambo

22nd Oct 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it makes perfect sense pow, you just cant see it as your not a nugget

pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Oceansoul 110% here.

The amount of cocks that drive arond that aren't legal etc etc when we bend over backwards to pay the right amounts is unreal.

Get real and declaire it.

ALL
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Oct 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
I suggest you follow Mobby's somewhat unusually sensible advice.

nova_gteuk

22nd Oct 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Its illegal end of. If you want to make it appeal to a larger market leave it standard. If you want to put in a bigger engine then you have to take on the responsibilites of driving it, i.e. tax, insurance etc. You cant just decide to put in a bigger engine then just forget about declaring it. Not changing the Log Book because you cant afford the insurance due to age or convivtins, Right think of why your insurance is so expenie at a young age, because your inexperinced thus more likely to be involved in an accident. Espically if you have a bigger engine.

Im sorry but i hope a copper comes on here (im sure there are some) and see's this. The 1 thing i hate on the roads (more than the chavs) are drivers driving uninsured/un taxed cars. Which is basically what you are driving :@

How do you say it doesnt appeal to a larger market?

Im pretty sure it does

and he never said it wasnt insured.

and tbh id bet my life on it that hed get a claim even with it not on the logbook,my mate works in admiral insurance in swansea and even she has just said aslong as its insured as a 2 litre whats on the logbook wouldnt intefere with a claim
Joe

22nd Oct 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates, uncles, half-sisters, milkman spoke to his mate and also said the same as Nova.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not logging a car! 22 database queries in 0.0169251 seconds