corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sister's been arrested

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sister's been arrested
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I'm not sure, it could have been kicking about for months but given the current economic downturn and the fact that the UK, Australia and US have all said they were considering limiting the number of foreign workers to allow more jobs for patriots - maybe it was a rush legislation and has taken only a few weeks/days?

I'm not big on Turkish politics and economics tbh

No I agree but the company should of been aware of the law in the country it operates in, I e seeking compensation off them once I get home.

I mean its not the polices fault they arrested easy targets, the company should of ensured the workers where legal.
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of Turkey, they seem to be a bit funny out there.

Hope she gets sorted ASAP
Calum

29th Oct 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope she is doing ok.

I worked for a well known British water sports company in Turkey over the summer, not sure if its the same as who you are describing.
We only had tourist visas, which stated we were not allowed to work. We would have to leave the country every three months to get the visa renewed.
As far as I was aware, there was an ‘agreement’ between the British company and the Turkish authorities, mainly the army. We would still have to run off site when the Turkish army come for a visit.
People previously had been caught, and like you said in their first post they were deported, and not even allowed to and collect their stuff. So if it is visa related, then it may be something similar. I haven’t heard about any legislation being passed, so unsure of the outcome of that.

Hope everything works out ok.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
29th Oct 08 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by complex_maze
I worked for a well known British water sports company in Turkey over the summer.

We would still have to run off site when the Turkish army come for a visit.

People previously had been caught, and like you said in their first post they were deported, and not even allowed to and collect their stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
pass a new legislation yesterday and arrest all the people in violation of it today.

It doesn't sound to me like a new problem. I've heard of the same thing happening in Greece. If it were the UK and people were working illegally, I would want it dealing with as well.

I hope everyone gets out fine and of course gets their stuff back but you can't really complain if they broke the law.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she went over 2 months ago; she has a full work entitlement permit when she left that was valid for 12 months (iirc) but certainly not 2 months. Her Visa effectively allowed her to work freely within Turkey, the Working Permit legislation changed yesterday - she got arrested last night. All her documentation was in order and in place.

I can't comment on the beach front workers/instructors as I don't know if they were on 3 month tourist visa's etc - although its not unheard of in the industry. However, my sister is in management and both her and the MD have/had everything in place at the very least.
ssj_kakarot

29th Oct 08 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm not a fan of Turkey, they seem to be a bit funny out there.

Hope she gets sorted ASAP

join the club bunch of angry anti english greasy tospots, always trying to rip english people off and pillage our woman

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by ssj_kakarot]
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was there, they wanted to trade Kirsty to me for a camel.

GTF you greasy cunts

Any more news Lee?
RichR
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been told they've been put on a boat and there are 50 of them; we're not sure what or where the boat is going to
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit

When you say boat, do you mean ferry or just shoved on like in the 1900's
Nath

29th Oct 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hate Turkey. Bunch of cunts want to join the EU aswell.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently its like a fishing trawler but she only spoke for a few seconds to mum. They don't know she has a phone!
ssj_kakarot

29th Oct 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

email the sun ? might print it.
RichR
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather not if its all the same
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that.

Seriously hope she is alright mate, keep us updated

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by pow]
Graham88

29th Oct 08 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like fucking slavery
Jamie

29th Oct 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds very dodgy, hope she makes it back safe and sound
RichR
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she's just landed at Gatwick; deported them to Kos and the company chartered a flight to bring them back to the UK asap - they didn't get their belongings back
CorsAsh

29th Oct 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fucked up. At least she's home safe.

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by CorsAsh]
Calum

29th Oct 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuk, all seems to have happened so quickly!
Good that she is back safe though, can't have been the nicest thing to go through.
If her visa was all alright, then hopefully she would be allowed back into the country, if you would want to go back.

Guess the guests arent too happy either.
mattk

29th Oct 08 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why cant the UK have such an efficiant immigration policy
pow
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad shes safe and sound mate
Tommy L

29th Oct 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belongings can be replaced and you never know they might get them back with a bit of luck. Main thing is they are back on UK soil, safe.

bad time to ask for pics? :look:

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by corsa_tomtom]
deano87

29th Oct 08 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good job she is safe and sound - that could have quite possibly turned very sour. Although with Turkey wanting to join the EU fully, I can't see anything untoward happening in terms of 'official' business - who know what some of the MP would have done to the women in short, belongings can be replaced, lives etc couldn't

I have a very low disregard for Turkey considering their continued illegal occupation of Northern Cyprus, and just the way they are.

My girlfriends sisters boyfriend & family are full blown Turkish. Very very ignorant race.

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by deano87]
mattk

29th Oct 08 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people in resort are fantastic, ive been 6 times and never met a nasty in resort person,

Im sure that changes once you get out of resort, they arnt the most civilized race of people
deano87

29th Oct 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
people in resort are fantastic, ive been 6 times and never met a nasty in resort person,

Im sure that changes once you get out of resort, they arnt the most civilized race of people

My sisters family also went on holiday there - there were some right nasty characters in the hotel. Pinned my girlfriends sisters friend up against the wall talking dirty etc. They had hardly met them before, only seen them in the hotel

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sister's been arrested 22 database queries in 0.0148180 seconds