corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This sends a chill down your spine....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This sends a chill down your spine....
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Dec 08 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's not all about ''putting your foot down'', it's about concentating and READING THE ROAD AHEAD.
That's true mate, a bit like where the guy goes round the corner at silly speed (I'm assuming that's km/h with his mrs in the car ) and then there's someone parked or something, and someone coming the other way. If he'd have been going slower then it probably would have been avoided. Obviously it was a blind bend, but that's when you need to be even more careful.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Mobby

9th Dec 08 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt make the end
Nick-S

9th Dec 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh my gosh
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
The advert where the boyfriend gets pinned to the girl is the only one out of all that get to me, as its probably the most likely.

that was unlucky - looked to be a legal maneouvre where a uncontrolled dog ran out and caused the fatal reactions

quote:

Also stricter results of your actions, kill anyone as a result of your actions its murder, so life in prison imo.

although i can see your point it would not be fair - imagine being the driver of the transit van and than texting teen walked out in front of you. you were doing everything right, correct legal speed, on the correct side of the road, you will have in date and legal MOT, Tax and insurance......but that kid would still step out and be killed.
life in prison is a punishment for no crime commited.

i saw a 92 year old man killed in front of my eyes one morning i was walking to uni. he just stepped out into the road and died of his injuries. the traffic was approaching a roundabout so slowing anyway in rush hour traffic.....the driver was the unlucky one and was not inprisoned. the gentleman who died was of poor sight and "often confused" as described by his family.
if the driving style was illegal/dangerous for road conditions (ie careless driving) or similiar then inprisonment is fair, but i cant justify your point of view even though i understand it

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
people have totally missed the point of the advert in this thread, such as stu_c.

it's not all about ''putting your foot down'', it's about concentating and READING THE ROAD AHEAD.

sometimes, accidents can't be helped, other times it could be caused by the driver or someone simply walking out into the road without watching the traffic coming.

my point exactly! the one i saw and mention above was this very exactly situation.

i am often teach the cadets in my lessons/under my control on a range, a rifle doesn't kill, the round doesnt kill but the firer kills.
cars dont kill, speed doesnt kill.....its the driver that is the killer - drive to your abilities and concentrate on the situation - a factor i am seeing less and less of in the poor light/dark conditions and in adverse weather conditions.

fog lights used (front and back) in times when there is no fog - its illegal against the law RVLA 25 & 27

the lack of use of the handbrake at junctions - particulary those that are uphill. sitting with their foot on the brake dazzling the drivers behind and rolling back upon leaving the junction as it is impossible to get from brake to acclerator to "find the bite" before rolling back

driving at night without lights - either sidelights only or often only one working headlight.....how people can drive at night with faulty lights day in day out (or should that be night in night out?) i dont know. my local Halfords is 3 miles, i have two other independant motor stores stocking bulbs within 5miles. it will cost £10-20 and 5mins to fit......why go without?

all this is because a large % of drivers dont take driving seriously. they dont check oil or tyre pressures regulary, wash their lights and check their operation. ask any pilot and the pre-flight checks can be life saving, and the pilots actions can effect greatly the outcome of a situation. although not necessary the case with driving, there is still the requirement to maintain concentration and control of a car and to maintain its working order which is missed too often

[/rant]

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by Fonz]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 14:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the seat belt one was pretty good, good way of showing how they save you

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
RS6

9th Dec 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its that dam song makes you cry

hold me

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by RS6]
Nick-S

9th Dec 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6
its that dam song makes you cry

hold me

thank fuck it wasnt just me
Neo

9th Dec 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz

quote:

Also stricter results of your actions, kill anyone as a result of your actions its murder, so life in prison imo.

although i can see your point it would not be fair - imagine being the driver of the transit van and than texting teen walked out in front of you. you were doing everything right, correct legal speed, on the correct side of the road, you will have in date and legal MOT, Tax and insurance......but that kid would still step out and be killed.
life in prison is a punishment for no crime commited.

Ok...I admint that in some situations, courts would favour the driver, especially if they have done nothing wrong.

But if the transit driver was speeding, then it'd be another matter IMO.

At times, i do put my foot down, fully admit it, and everyone does. Its determining where and when that is the problem.

And your correct, it was unlucky in the clip where the dog runs out

As long as you can take the consequence of your actions, and are aware of what *could* happen, then fine.
nik

9th Dec 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty hard hitting advert there. The one where the bloke gets squashed against the wall makes me feel sick, not very likely but it is shocking.
DaveB

9th Dec 08 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that car crashes happen quickly, but like fk you'd stay sitting/standing by the wall and not make any effort to move.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
all this is because a large % of drivers dont take driving seriously.
That's exactly it mate, there are so many people that think "I've been doing this for years and I've always been fine" - but you never know when circumstances might change. Just because you've managed to get away with no accidents etc for 20 odd years doesn't mean that something out of your control isn't going to happen.

Too many people take driving for granted in this way and treat it as an every day thing, which it is really, but not something you should just "go out and do", you should always maintain full concentration.

The point you made about people sitting with their foot on the brake - it really does annoy me when people do that, especially when it's dark. Some people seem devoid of any thought process/logic whatsoever as well, I have seen people pull up in bus stops to answer their phone (the ones where there's a bit cut out of the path) who sit there with their foot on the brake, and usually still have their indicator on. It honestly makes no sense!

You also make a good point about fog lights as well, I think that most of the idiots who drive round with them on all the time probably don't realize that it's illegal (even though it says so in he Highway Code) or they just think that nobody is going to catch them or whatever. Someone I used to work with who passed their test a couple of months ago NEVER turns their fog lights off, and yet he's so stupid that he always says about people always flashing and beeping at him, and he doesn't understand why.

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
I know that car crashes happen quickly, but like fk you'd stay sitting/standing by the wall and not make any effort to move.
Yeah, but he was obviously in shock at what was about to happen and he didn't have enough time to think and then react and get out of the way.

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
nik

9th Dec 08 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandad once said in a serious and concerned voice, ''A car is a LETHAL weapon''
Graham88

9th Dec 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, it won't stop me, nor will it stop anyone else in this thread.

Everyone speeds, it's just a case of doing it at the right time and as Ben said, reading the road ahead.

Of course accidents happen, such as a dog running out in front of you when you're overtaking, but it was a bit silly taking that move, just hit the dog.
markx14xe

9th Dec 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sends chill down your spine to i think its the music
Graham88

9th Dec 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I turned the music off, it just makes it worse.
sand-eel

9th Dec 08 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the point of the music
Graham88

9th Dec 08 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? Is Evanescence going to be playing on the stereo when I flip and hit a school?
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it could be

It's supposed to make the video more dramatic.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
All Torque

9th Dec 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
http://bilgalleri.dk/html/vid_vis.asp?VideoID=22034

Think thats one of the best ads i've seen regarding speeding. Actually makes you think about doing it tbh. Only takes a second for something to go wrong whilst driving to gain consequences like the video....

Very moving, especially the kid hit by the blue transit.

Couple on the country lane wall crash is massively inaccurate though.

Good vid.
Graham88

9th Dec 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Well it could be

It's supposed to make the video more dramatic.

How freaky would it be if that happened

I'm never putting that song on again.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Dec 08 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just in case

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQyfjP-lZM

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
jonnysri

9th Dec 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats such a powerful advert. actually quite upsets me that.

after cutting people out of cars because of that sort of thing it makes it harder to work for the fire service after you find out the details of the incident
si_tigra

9th Dec 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of them ads are fucking hard hitting.
its true whats been said though, the UK has shit campainges over speeding, the most graphic one they dared to do was with the dead little girl coming back to life, there needs to be more graphic adverts to scare people.
Gizzy

9th Dec 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well could watch that lost a good friend nearly lost another and nearly lost my little brother to a bad crash.shocking but then its ment to be to get the message across
John

9th Dec 08 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adverts don't make me think about speeding.

I like to think I can use my own judgement when driving and base my speed on this.

People who see these then say they'll think before putting their foot down maybe shouldn't be driving.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This sends a chill down your spine.... 23 database queries in 0.0137630 seconds