corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it?
Tommy L

User status: Offline
7th Jan 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scares the fuck out of me if a loved one was to commit suicide. If they did, i don't think i would be able to forgive them and would be so angry with them.

The thought of suicide has never crossed my mind and i doubt it ever will as the devastation you leave behind is enough for me not to do it and couldn't do that to my family.
Colin

7th Jan 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup the knock on effect those poor wee kiddies will take on is the saddest part of the story. He had issues, some mental health problems, had been sectioned a few times & probably found life a struggle. Theres always something that can be done though imo anyway.
Hammer

7th Jan 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
My mates uncle hung himself as did the dad of a girl I was seeing last year, both the daughters and the girl are pretty much fucked in the head for life not having a father and thinking it's their fault he killed himself.

Terrible thing for anyone to be lumped with growing up.

So you ditched her? Smooooth

Without sounding harsh as fuck, girls that have grown up without a father figure in their life are usually a tad easy shall we say. Don't know if it's coincidence but I seem to attract them
andy1868

7th Jan 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just in case

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Rt7GyDD7g
jonnysri

7th Jan 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest i never actually knew how close i was to suicide.

during school i was bullied very badly. harldy ever spoke to anyone. this lasted for about 4 years. had counciling for ages. started playing rugby n drinking with some good lads when i was about 17. sorted me out/

good job they did. ive come along way since being in school. dont take shit off anyone now.
Colin

7th Jan 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
My mates uncle hung himself as did the dad of a girl I was seeing last year, both the daughters and the girl are pretty much fucked in the head for life not having a father and thinking it's their fault he killed himself.

Terrible thing for anyone to be lumped with growing up.

So you ditched her? Smooooth

Without sounding harsh as fuck, girls that have grown up without a father figure in their life are usually a tad easy shall we say. Don't know if it's coincidence but I seem to attract them

At least you wont get pulled up & asked 'what your intentions are with my daughter'
Tommy L

7th Jan 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think a lot of suicider's (no idea what the real term should be ) take into account the knock affects, which makes it so selfish.
Skylined

7th Jan 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the people who do it are in the right state of mind at the time to be considering it as selfish

Very sad that they feel that's the only way out
John

7th Jan 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
I dont think a lot of suicider's (no idea what the real term should be ) take into account the knock affects, which makes it so selfish.

emo's is the word you're looking for tom.
strick206

7th Jan 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I know what you mean, and i don't think i'm strong enough to be with one and support someone like that
Tommy L

7th Jan 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, it isn't the only way out. There is ALWAYS someone to talk to. Be it a friend, family, councilor.

Thanks John

[Edited on 07-01-2009 by corsa_tomtom]
Jodi_the_g

7th Jan 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
the thought of somebody finding me after i'd committed suicide is enough to make me not want to do it

We had that talk at work the other day we thought the best place to do it would be in an ER(A&E) as they are use to seeing it each day, only problem is your in the best place to be saved.
Jodi_the_g

7th Jan 09 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although the act is selfish, I do not think people who are willing to do it are in the right state of mind to think about things like that.

Got to be in a very bad place to even think it.
Fad

8th Jan 09 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^
Couldnt of put it better...people are quick to call them selfish but there is always more to the situation than meets the eye like mental illness etc
Arctic_Monkey

8th Jan 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never thought of or contemplated this, but if i'm ever not happy or fed up I always think about the good things/ positives in my life i.e great family, friends, job, car etc and that's enough to make me realise my life isn't all that bad..
Eck
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly imo
j10E W

8th Jan 09 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not my cup of tea tbh
Graham88

8th Jan 09 at 04:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even crossed my mind
Adam-D

8th Jan 09 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
the thought of somebody finding me after i'd committed suicide is enough to make me not want to do it

I always think I'm goign to encounter a hanging body when i come to the office in the mornings
Huwsi

8th Jan 09 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has crossed my mind a few times. specially where I was bullied as a child- resulting in being hospitalised. I would never go through withit though because common sense has kicked in every time and the thought goes as quick as it came into my head

EDIT; I feel it is a very selfish thing though and I can't imagine how families/loved ones feel after it happens to someone they love.

[Edited on 08-01-2009 by Huwsi]
C2RL R

8th Jan 09 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thought entered my head once very briefly. as soon as i realised what i was thinking i stopped straight away. i'm not the sort of person that judges people on their actions so i'm not gonna say its selfish.......its just really not the way to sort things.
pow
Premium Member

8th Jan 09 at 08:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you like to find your parents/son/daughter/partner/best friend dead and have to deal with it?

No, then if you love people tat much don't bloody do it.
Cosmo

8th Jan 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Silly imo

corsa - gus

8th Jan 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't ever do it and have never been close to doing it. I have thought what people would think if I wasn't about anymore though, everyones life would be rubbish

I know a couple of people who have topped themselves after splitting with their wives/GF's and it just causes utter devastation. Due to recent events I no what it is like to lose a close family member to a tragic accident, it is hard enough to keep people going through a thing like that let alone trying to help people out if a loved one has killed themselves.

SUicide on the other hand for people who have suffered horrific injuries and have had their lives changed totally by them, I can understand that.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » has suicide ever crossed your mind? and what are your thoughts on it? 22 database queries in 0.3624220 seconds