corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa B conversion

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 corsa B conversion
J200RSA

User status: Offline
14th Jan 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
after working on the v6 in my veccy putting it in a corsa is a daft idea.
theres little to no room on the vec, must be a nightmare in a corsa

Yep,when its in a corsa and its needs the smallest of parts changed,its an engine out job.

no its not, ill admit there isn't much room to work on them but the engine doesn't have to come out to change or replace parts. everything is excessable to get to to change or replace, one of the annoying things is that the inlet has to come off the change the plugs and leads on the rear but how often are you needing to change them. if you want to do the conversion do it, there a great engine in the corsa only issue is it make the corsa abit front heavy but when you put lets and redtops in you have the same issue, get some decent suspension and brakes and u'l be fine
Corsa Matt

14th Jan 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J200RSA
quote:
quote:

Yep,when its in a corsa and its needs the smallest of parts changed,its an engine out job.

no its not, ill admit there isn't much room to work on them but the engine doesn't have to come out to change or replace parts. everything is excessable to get to to change or replace, one of the annoying things is that the inlet has to come off the change the plugs and leads on the rear but how often are you needing to change them. if you want to do the conversion do it, there a great engine in the corsa only issue is it make the corsa abit front heavy but when you put lets and redtops in you have the same issue, get some decent suspension and brakes and u'l be fine

I have worked on a few V6 corsa's You hardly ever need to take the engine out. More that enough space for routine jobs e.g filter change. Even a clutch you dont need to remove the engine.
rodgers-nova

14th Jan 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the info lads , got the confidence to go for it now thanks agen
one more question though, can anyone recomend a front shock set up for the weight ov the v6 in a corsa?
Corsa Matt

14th Jan 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rodgers-nova
cheers for the info lads , got the confidence to go for it now thanks agen
one more question though, can anyone recomend a front shock set up for the weight ov the v6 in a corsa?

I have Janspeed coilovers on mine, The ride is hard but they work well with the extra weight.
oceansoul

14th Jan 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rodgers-nova
cheers for the comments, the engine will more than likely be out ov an omega, probaly the 2.6 or the 3, which ever comes up first, anyone know which engine requires the bulkhead choping?

You dont want a 2.6. there the newer engines, all fly by wire n that. more sensors than a sensor shop stupidly complicated ecu/wiring loom/immobliser/alarm arangement

Ya want the 2.5 or 3.0 from a miggy. not 2.6 or 3.2
Corsa_Sport21

15th Jan 09 at 07:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Matt
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have worked on a few V6 corsa's You hardly ever need to take the engine out. More that enough space for routine jobs e.g filter change. Even a clutch you dont need to remove the engine.

Yes routine jobs will be fine as the parts that get changed are in view when you pop the bonnet.Clutch will be fine as itl be just like doing an XE clutch if using the F16/F20 box.

But im on about say what if the manifold cracks(common problem) then surely that will be an engine out job.Well at least a mega strip down as the front manifold sits well under the slam panel.And the rear is a cunt to get to when in an Astra so id imagine its even worse in a corsa.
J200RSA

15th Jan 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine still doesn't have to come out, to take the rear manifold off u'd have to have the alternator off 1st then just unbolt the manifold and it will come off. the front on mine is a piee of piss as i have a 6 branch so i haven't gotta unbolt a manifold from a down pipe but when i was running standard manifolds i had to take the front bumper and rad out for that.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Jan 09 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
one of the annoying things is that the inlet has to come off the change the plugs and leads on the rear but how often are you needing to change them.

When the rocker covers leak oil

(unless you are using Vectra rockers of course)

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 corsa B conversion 22 database queries in 0.0100811 seconds