corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day - Diet

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day - Diet
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
27th Jan 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just up your food intake, only way to be honest, more you eat bigger your get as your body needs it more and more..

also like some people have said, train mon, wed and fri if your bulking, as you need to let your muscles repair and build..

other then that, get yourself on a course of dianabol..
jamez_zz

27th Jan 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
just up your food intake, only way to be honest, more you eat bigger your get as your body needs it more and more..

also like some people have said, train mon, wed and fri if your bulking, as you need to let your muscles repair and build..

other then that, get yourself on a course of dianabol..

I personally wouldnt take anything at this point. Give it a good year of hard training before you even consider any type of steriod Whittie.
Carl

28th Jan 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy

There isn't an infinate need of nutrients. IT's a bit more complex that ramming as much down your throat as you can.
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i agree, but he is already got a training routine, and sleeping enough (atleast 8 hours)

so the next thing is up your intake with a decent whey protein..

or even better make your own suppliment..

i didnt say you needed steriods, but if you personally want to gain mass easy (only if you eat well, train hard and sleep alot, will it work at its best) then go for it..

you will lose around 1/3 of your gains after 6 week course (which is water retention), but this is only with a mild sterioid, nothing close to deca etc (injectables)

totally up to you though, depends how much/easy you want to gain the weight..

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by mk4_boy]
richc

28th Jan 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never been to the gym. But my mechanic mate goes religiously. Having use to swin for GB in his youger days he knows his shit.

He gots monday, wed and friday. He says you need a rest between you work out for a day to let your muscles recover or something. And do the same sort of work out everytime. Just doing your arms once a week for example is pointless.

Also dont snack, eat set meals. LIke 3 a day or something
Carl

28th Jan 09 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you added up your day to day diet whittie? broken into carbs, protein, fats seen if its the right balance for what you want to achieve? Don't knoe the recomended g's per kilo of body weight but would be worth finding out, really tayloring it if you are going to all that effort to eat the stuff.
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ the guy talks sense!! ^

if your bulking you can snack aslong as you still have your set meals, and ideally cut the portions slightly so you can have around 5/6 meals a day..

and thats the best way of doing it, mon, wed and fri, thats what i do, the only way your going to grow if you let your muscles rebuild, if you dont its just like cardio and you will just tone up..

plus if you dont let your muscles recover..

ie

if you train monday and your still fine to train to a good level on tuesday then your not training hard enough and pushing yourself enough on the previous day..

but if you do push yourself then tuesday will be pointless as you wont be able to push as hard (the last few reps make the difference)..
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked through your diet on page 1 and you need to add something to your post workout meal apart from a weight gain shake..as this is the main meal of the day and when the body needs the goods the most..

have some weight gain ye thats great, but get 2 med size bananas down you within 20mins after working out, then have a decent meal within an hour after your workout, as your just having a snack etc, and its not enough for what the body needs

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by mk4_boy]
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to do that today Carl.

Not sure the values of stuff like bananas or eggs though.

I've had two bananas and two bowls of porridge so far today. I'm currently chomping on a pack of nuts.

I'm tempted to do shoulders with arms, that way i'd have a rest day on friday, and sunday, with a little cardio in the middle. What do you think?

Yes mate, i do push myself, literally untill i can't do the last rep, then i get a spot to help me do 2 more.
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i found that if you go to gym with someone it helps you push yourself more..

also try a creatine powder, help alot to give you more energy at the gym session, which helps loads..

id keep the bananas for the post workout meal dude..

Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, phd synergy has creatine in and protein in one. Which is why I have it pre workout.

I just get bored when the porridge is in the microwave tbh, and end up eating a few bananas to pass the time

I go with someone to the gym, do legs at his home gym though, squat rack there is pretty handy.....
Jill
Premium Member

28th Jan 09 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Just found this link for you- can type in pretty much food and will give you the calories and fat content: http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/process.jsp?section=intro&action=1

Large glass of wine = 165 calories 0g fat

Looking at you diet, seems you've got a lot of protein which you need for muscle building. Two pints of milk seems a bit extreme though? I'm allergic to dairy products though so maybe that's me being biased and just thinking that Although dairy products would be ok as long as they are not in excess ie: cheese etc.

I think you need to mix up your routine a little bit. I was chatting to one of the trainers at the gym I go to and he was saying that your body gets used to the same routines, so instead of me warming up on the treadmill, try the bike, then go onto the rower or the crosstrainer etc etc. So I think if you switch the routine and (like someone else already said) try to incorporate it with something else eg: legs and arms, or upper body stuff, lower body stuff etc. You also say you use the rower to warm up but don't do much cardiovascular stuff- just imo I think you should do your warm up and then do about 10-15mins on say the cross trainer or treadmill or rower (and warm up on something else). That way your heart rate will be up and consequently your body will be more responsive to weight training.

Not sure about the rest of your diet, but sounds good you're keeping a food diary. Perhaps you could show it to the trainers at the gym and they could give you some advise/tips- that's what they're there for after all

JILL
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Just found this link for you- can type in pretty much food and will give you the calories and fat content: http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/process.jsp?section=intro&action=1

Large glass of wine = 165 calories 0g fat

Looking at you diet, seems you've got a lot of protein which you need for muscle building. Two pints of milk seems a bit extreme though? I'm allergic to dairy products though so maybe that's me being biased and just thinking that Although dairy products would be ok as long as they are not in excess ie: cheese etc.

I think you need to mix up your routine a little bit. I was chatting to one of the trainers at the gym I go to and he was saying that your body gets used to the same routines, so instead of me warming up on the treadmill, try the bike, then go onto the rower or the crosstrainer etc etc. So I think if you switch the routine and (like someone else already said) try to incorporate it with something else eg: legs and arms, or upper body stuff, lower body stuff etc. You also say you use the rower to warm up but don't do much cardiovascular stuff- just imo I think you should do your warm up and then do about 10-15mins on say the cross trainer or treadmill or rower (and warm up on something else). That way your heart rate will be up and consequently your body will be more responsive to weight training.

Not sure about the rest of your diet, but sounds good you're keeping a food diary. Perhaps you could show it to the trainers at the gym and they could give you some advise/tips- that's what they're there for after all

JILL

Awesome stuff

I've just inputted food onto that diary now. Says what i've had today, very cool little thing. More for weight loss not, gain But still handy, you can print your diet out, so will show someone at the gym.
jamez_zz

28th Jan 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you fancy making your own protein 'drink'... 1 can of tuna(bean can size), half a bottle of lime cordial and a food blender. Have fun

mk4_boy- you ever done steriods? when i was younger (16-17) i took pretty much anything i could get my hands on (Dbol, Anabol, Anavar, Winistrol) saw some very good gains during my cycles, but im comfortable with my size atm, i havent trained properly since around september(ish) time.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by jamez_zz]
Tommy L

28th Jan 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back/Shoulder
Biceps/Triceps
Chest/Abs

I do a day on day off and they are what groups i do them in. Don't really do legs

Also going to start having a cardio session in there

But i would certainly try change your routine or change the type of exercises you are doing. Just to give the body a bit of a shock.
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Back/Shoulder
Biceps/Triceps
Chest/Abs

I do a day on day off and they are what groups i do them in. Don't really do legs

Also going to start having a cardio session in there

But i would certainly try change your routine or change the type of exercises you are doing. Just to give the body a bit of a shock.

That's why you're only going three days then isn't it :s. Why don't you do your legs?
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamez_zz
If you fancy making your own protein 'drink'... 1 can of tuna(bean can size), half a bottle of lime cordial and a food blender. Have fun

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by jamez_zz]

That could be interesting
Tommy L

28th Jan 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it boring doing legs. 4th day will be dedicated to cardio from now on.
jamez_zz

28th Jan 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie, its extremely good for you, if you can stomach it.
Carl

28th Jan 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
I find it boring doing legs. 4th day will be dedicated to cardio from now on.

you find it boring? what you you find so exciting about lifting weights with your upper body?
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamez_zz
Whittie, its extremely good for you, if you can stomach it.

I feel the need to add vodka

I'm going to have a go, whats with the lime cordial though?
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt have all that in my protein shake..

go for:

3 scoops of good whey protein (take creatine and protein on its own and not in that thing you have which contains both )

so:

3 scoops of good whey protein
1 liter of pure cream
100ml of honey
200gr of any nuts
150gr weight gainer chocolate
1 med cup of quaker oats

roughly this shake contains:
Kcal: 4000
Protein: 87 gr.
carbos: 241gr.
Fett: 456 gr.

my mates been using this for ages and helps alott in his diet, abit mad i know but still

and no ive never taken steriods but i know a few people that have, personally i would consider some kind of steriod for a course as a boost but nothing more, and not go OTT on it..

also i wouldnt do that routine above..

i do:

monday: back/triceps
tuesday: rest day
wednesday: chest/biceps
thurdays: rest day
friday: shoulders/biceps
saturday: legs (every week or every other week)

you have to to split your body parts, and not do the above..

biceps/triceps as then your working your arm to much in one day for example..

Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What size waist / chest are you?

Just curious.
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30" waist 40" chest

and same weight as you, plan is to put on 1.5 stone by the summer..

about your matey?
Whittie

28th Jan 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly the same lol

Chest isn't quite 40", just over 39 though.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by Whittie]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day - Diet 23 database queries in 0.0111339 seconds