corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BoE cuts interest to 1%

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BoE cuts interest to 1%
Half Pint

User status: Offline
5th Feb 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my mortgage application just got better it'll now be 1% interest instead of 1.5%
Kano

5th Feb 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I imagine to attract people back into the housing market banks will offer some fairly attractive fixed rate options, so that'll be the time to jump on one of them and ride out the increases.

Yeah good if you can get a long enough fixed mortgage, I think the days of 5 & 10 year fixed are over. Be lucky to get a 2 year fix when things pick up.

I've just bought my first house this month.. Managed to get my mortgage fixed for 5 years on an 85% mortgage.. Only .2% higher rate than the 2 year... happy days...
Kano

5th Feb 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Interest will be 12% again in a few years

more than a few years.

Will take 2-4 years for the economy to recover.

Then they can't just hike % up again, or millions of people would default and loose their homes.

It'll rise again, but it'll be a fair few years yet.

Ironically, all these"interest rate cuts" and can I get another mortgage below 6% (more than im paying now), like fcuk can I...... mortage is great if you have a tracker, if not its no better.

tbh, im worried about my next mortgage. How long to sign up for etc, as your goign to want a low rate kept for years for when the inflation rate does go back up and starts to climb

i can get 3.49 on a fixed mortgage just now witha 25% depositor 5 odds for an 85% one.. Im only 23 with no credit in the past aswell, sure you could find something if you look around hard enough..
pow
Premium Member

5th Feb 09 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Will your nan being lending you the money to buy your first house with your first girlfriend as well?

Stand on your own two feet. Every car I've bought has been on a loan apart from the Nova, always paid for in full and always owned at the end of it. What's the difference from getting a loan for 3 years and saving up for 3 years? You might as well have the car sooner and pay it off you might pay more for the privelage but who GAF? You live once, start living.

No mate, I'm saving now and getting a proper mortage for that

[Edited on 05-02-2009 by pow]
Jodi_the_g

5th Feb 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how everyone slags off loans, debt etc.

Laons, debt and the likes are not bad so long as you can manage to pay them comfortably. Its when people get in debt to pay off more debt or to go down the pub it becomes an issue.
J da Silva

6th Feb 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Loans are still silyl APR

Loans are silly full stop, why not just stop in rather than get in debt?

I agree.

Small loans from your Nan with 0% APR, variable repayments and a free cup of tea and choccy biscuit ftw

Will your nan being lending you the money to buy your first house with your first girlfriend as well?

Stand on your own two feet. Every car I've bought has been on a loan apart from the Nova, always paid for in full and always owned at the end of it. What's the difference from getting a loan for 3 years and saving up for 3 years? You might as well have the car sooner and pay it off you might pay more for the privelage but who GAF? You live once, start living.

Are you replying to pow there or me?

Because if it was to me Oliver I own my home 100% thank you very much.
J da Silva

6th Feb 09 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
I love how everyone slags off loans, debt etc.

Laons, debt and the likes are not bad so long as you can manage to pay them comfortably. Its when people get in debt to pay off more debt or to go down the pub it becomes an issue.

Teenager's getting in debt to buy fibreglass bumpers for their nova's is comedy, lending 3k and paying 5k back, let them get on with it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » BoE cuts interest to 1% 22 database queries in 0.0080519 seconds