corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » GMTV Milkman

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GMTV Milkman
Hammer

User status: Offline
6th Feb 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly every single company we deal with is in Bridgend.

So you have to deal with the Welsh accent and people that are writing suicide notes whilst you talk to them, ignorant cunts
Daimo B

6th Feb 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Theres a woman that works here that lives 2 miles up a country road from work. She is the closest person to the office, majority of people travel 10+ miles to get here.

Yet if it snows she is the only one that doesn't turn in! Fucking piss take just cos she is a fat lazy bitch that cant be arsed to walk.

I'd make a formal complaint about it tbh.

I got in on two wheels, so everyone else excusses are just plain lame.

As i said yesterday,

The snow doesn't stop people.

Peoples attitudes stop people.
Cavey

6th Feb 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a postman, and they wouldn't let us out walking yesterday, health and safety decided it was too dangerous.

If anyone slipped over they could of sued with the state of this country, compensation culture etc...etc...

So it meant we delivered double the amount of mail today which was shit.

But yes, it does annoy me that there's a bit of snow and suddenly no-one can get to work without a snowmobile or superhuman efforts
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 09 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not all one sided though?

VXR - your obviously a competant rider though, I agree, people who live 2 miles away and are lazy should GTF and get in.

Some people are soo scared they don't WANT to ride a bike to work etc etc.

TBH it's the idiots around me that worry me about driving in this weather, not driving itself.
AndyKent

6th Feb 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to drive to work this morning - problem was all the silly fuckers who decide you need to drive at 5mph in first gear then dump the car when the wheels start spinning. Roads were pretty much completely blocked so I turned round and went home.

Luckily I do a correspondance degree course so kept myself busy today working on something useful, but did at least try to get to work.
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People I work with come from all over.

I made it 6 miles. Another guy made it 30+ miles. And some others couldnt make it driving 7/8 miles.

Go figure.
AndyKent

6th Feb 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You started up at Leica now Nath? Do you still have to go to Switzerland or you done that now?
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate, started last month. Just completed my 4th week.

I'm off to Switzerland on 22nd for 2 weeks, then again in June for another course.

Learning how to service the Total Stations.

They've started me off on tribrachs (if that makes any sense to you, I'm guessing you're a bit clued up)
AndyKent

6th Feb 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never heard of a tribach or whatever you call it

We've got a dumpy level and a few laser distos, occassionally hire total stations and looking into GPS gear, but its mega bucks

Did you say its calibration and servicing you're doing?
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tribrach is what the total station sits on. With the little spirit level bubble. It clamps it in place when attached to the tripod.

I'll be doing the whole lot. Starts with a service, then calibration comes after. Some of the total stations have 60+ different tests that need doing to make sure they are 100% bang on.

Which level do you have? I've being doing alot of those recently.

GPS is super accurate though, sometimes worth the bucks.
AndyKent

6th Feb 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, we just have a regular tripod with a bubble in the level.

GPS we were quoted on was about £25k or something silly, we don't do nearly enough work to cover the cost really

Think our two levels are an na820 and na700, though the 700 is totally battered. Some fool dropped it down a steel staircase a couple of weeks back - hasn't been used since, though the person who dropped it says its fine
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just had 17 NA720's to calibrate and service from the MOD

Can do them blindfolded now.

The amount of times we get levels in and the customer says all it needs is a 'service', then you open them up and they are smashed to bits 'Na I didn't drop it mate'
AndyKent

6th Feb 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can believe that

Once saw a contractor smash a level over with the arm of a JCB. Guy just hopped out, pressed the pieces back together, stood the tripod up again and carried on digging
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those things are highly sensitive too!

Daimo B

6th Feb 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
It's not all one sided though?

VXR - your obviously a competant rider though, I agree, people who live 2 miles away and are lazy should GTF and get in.

Some people are soo scared they don't WANT to ride a bike to work etc etc.

TBH it's the idiots around me that worry me about driving in this weather, not driving itself.

Competant, nahhh

Mad, yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh baby muhaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha

Postie dude, so you can't walk on ice..

but lets give your bag double the weight, screwing over your back?

Health and safety sucks ass so bad. Don't worry, our company is supposed to be like a top 10 or something in H+S. Does my nut in sometimes.

Official training on how to use a fold open an A frame stepladder anyone? can't use it till your trained.
Nath

6th Feb 09 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Official training on how to use a fold open an A frame stepladder anyone? can't use it till your trained.

My old place was like that. I had to be signed off on how to use a bloody stapler

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » GMTV Milkman 22 database queries in 0.0143631 seconds