corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone here do any audio recording? I need help!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone here do any audio recording? I need help!
Dom

User status: Offline
29th Mar 09 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins
Alesis HD24, bomb proof!

Brilliant systems and like you say rock solid, again it's a bit excessive for what stan needs. He only needs a 2-track (stereo) recorder!

haha I know, when I read you said HD24 I was like 'bloody 'ell, industry standard!'. So your a fellow engineer yourself I presume? Not pointy shoe I hope? (I'm not sure whether you'll know what I mean)

[Edited on 29-03-2009 by Hawkins]

Used Mackie HDR24s a fair bit for live sound but only touched the Alesis's a few times, but everyone i know that has them says they are gold especially when you upgrade the converters using the EC-2 board (although i hear that you can mod them further).

Haven’t quite made it yet Final year at Hudds Uni doing BA Music Tech - so it's arty farty electro acoustic stuff rather than BSC. But yeah, foley/ADR/Engineer is the sort of thing i'm aiming for.
What about yourself?

As for the pointy shoe, have no idea although i assume it's targeted towards the old "proper" generation?
Hawkins

30th Mar 09 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I see! I thought you were originally talking about the the Alesis HD24, (similar names you see!).
Cool! Whats it like at Hudds then?. I'm actually an AS level student studying music tech, music and physics. However I mix FOH for a local band in my area, and am looking to start working for a stage audio company soon.
Haha about pointy shoe... by the sound of it, this joke is only between the engineers in my area. Typically when you have a good band on tour they bring there own FOH engineer. The engineer usually turns up looking all fancy with his Ray Bans, gold mics, 'pointy shoes' and a flowered shirt. They usually think there amazing but aren''t (hence the joke). But some just are actually amazing! So usually we just take the mick with the inline joke, pointy shoe!

[Edited on 30-03-2009 by Hawkins]
Tiger

30th Mar 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We recorded a one of our live gigs on the H2, managed 1.5 hrs straight through into MP3 and it all went down fine.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone here do any audio recording? I need help! 22 database queries in 0.0068982 seconds