corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » G20 Death - Video etc..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author G20 Death - Video etc..
All Torque

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
How can he move out of the way?

Left - buidling wall.
Right - main road, and a building wall
In front - thousands of protestors
Behined - Line of riot police.

Ahh, invisibility, thats right.

He's done nothing wrong, and shouldn't need to be forced by police.

Looks like wrong place at the wrong time. Mind you, if my usual route home was blocked by riots then perhaps I'd leave later or find another way...
ryzer

8th Apr 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
How can he move out of the way?

Left - buidling wall.
Right - main road, and a building wall
In front - thousands of protestors
Behined - Line of riot police.

Ahh, invisibility, thats right.

He's done nothing wrong, and shouldn't need to be forced by police.

nail on the head.
Joe

8th Apr 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying either party was right or wrong, I know no more than anyone else on here. Just saying that I'm sure it could have easily been avoided, as all torque said. Wrong place, wrong time.
R Lee

8th Apr 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A smart person would realise that there is something going on and move out of the way. Regardless of whether he/she has done something wrong or not. Especially if police are involved. He looked a bit stubborn. Fair enough, dying isn't great.
Nath

8th Apr 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
if my usual route home was blocked by riots

*thinks about making another MK slum related joke, but then decides not to*

All Torque

8th Apr 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
if my usual route home was blocked by riots

*thinks about making another MK slum related joke, but then decides not to*

Netherfield can be tricky at times...
ssj_kakarot

8th Apr 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry but he was pushed while his back was turned, obviously the push used quite a lot of force, no need for it at all, police drunk with power and group mentality.

regardless of how slow he was walking/being cocky no need to push someone with that ammount of force they get knocked over when there back is turned.
a_j_mair

8th Apr 09 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another cop on a power trip

i normally stick up for them as the have a very difficult job and are under appreciated and payed imo

however is to much of an us and them mentality with alot of officers and think they are better/above the law.

After seeing the video on the news i hope justice is served
Daimo B

8th Apr 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another comment i've jsut read on another forum which really makes you wonder.........?

"Interesting that no CCTV of the incident appears to be available in our 'most watched' country..."

Great point. All our CCTV to "keep the public safe" and not one camera has picked up this incident.

Interesting way to keep us safe by cameras then yeah????
Eck
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
If he had pissed off out the way and let them do their job he might not have got hurt. Having said that it did look a tad OTT, and he looked very dodgy the way he walking around, hands in pockets very slowly....

Plus theres no evidence (yet) that him being pushed led to the heart attack that killed him, for all we know it was going to happen anyway

The man was walking home from work, and caught up in the middle of all of this. Where exactly was he meant to go? And how much of a threat was he, back turned to a large amount of police officers, hands in pockets? I see it as nothing other than a power trip and I hope the cunt gets fired.
BluKoo

8th Apr 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hardly blame the copper.

If the guy collapsed later on and had a heart attack, then it was probably coming to him anyway.

Say someone had filmed a little girl giving the guy a lollypop and then he collapsed and died later. Was it the little girl who killed him? Of course not. Just media making something outta nothing.
JonnyJ

8th Apr 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
Say someone had filmed a little girl giving the guy a lollypop and then he collapsed and died later. Was it the little girl who killed him? Of course not.

Correct.

It would be his fault. Never take sweets from strangers
Eck
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I hardly blame the copper.

If the guy collapsed later on and had a heart attack, then it was probably coming to him anyway.

Say someone had filmed a little girl giving the guy a lollypop and then he collapsed and died later. Was it the little girl who killed him? Of course not. Just media making something outta nothing.

Regardless of the man dying, the policeman had absolutely no need to use as much force as he did.
BluKoo

8th Apr 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, if i was a copper i'd find it very hard not to kick the crap outta someone let alone push him over.
I find it very hard to have respect for someone who has no respect for me, especially when you're working to keep the town/city safer and all they're doing it cause problems.

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by BluKoo]
Daimo B

8th Apr 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fuck it, if i was a copper i'd find it very hard not to kick the crap outta someone let alone push him over.
I find it very hard to have respect for someone who has no respect for me, especially when you're working to keep the town/city safer and all they're doing it cause problems.

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by BluKoo]

Thats why im glad theres only a limited amount of idiots in the force who would say something like this.

Are the police soldiers, or there to KEEP THE PEACE?

So someones walking away from you, hands in pockets, and you think its acceptable to push them to the floor (again, note hands in pockets this un-able to break his fall).

Ignorence eh, isn't it great

So a protest is all about causing problems yeah.

Let me put this another way, a carpark full of people. One person does a flaming burnout in the middle of the crowed "cos he's at a cruise"

Does that mean everyone should be arrested due to one person????????????????

Likewise, just because 30,000 people turn up to protest (of which they have good reason too), and 20 people kick off, does that mean the other 29,980 people should be arrested too

Maybe think about the b0ll0cks your typing before typing it

Or are you just saying it "cos its your opinion and you can"?????

Which makes you no different from protestor. Saying that what they believe and think is right.

Doors that way <----
Pete_vxl

8th Apr 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the police wanted me to move i wouldnt drag my feet like that idiot was. For all we know the police may have asked him to hurry up several times and he was being defiant.
ryzer

8th Apr 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again no reason to push him over though
gazza808

8th Apr 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i punched some random person in the head and they died a few minutes later, i'd be going down for murder.

so should that officer, they aren't above the law like some think they are.

at the end of the day some police are on a power trip, and this is what happens, a guy walking home, minding his own.

pah.
Cavey

8th Apr 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy died of a heart attack, there can't be any evidence that being pushed from behind caused that.

The behaviour of the policeman in that incident was wrong, and he should be dealt with for it.

But there's no way you can say that falling forward led to a murder.

Who walks with their hands in their pockets like that anyway, especially when you know there's a heated atmosphere.
ChrisBoom

8th Apr 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The policeman even takes a fucking runner then pushes him, I cant say ive ever heard of the police pushing someone like that unless then were right on top of them afterwards to arrest them.
Carl

8th Apr 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
The guy died of a heart attack, there can't be any evidence that being pushed from behind caused that.

The behaviour of the policeman in that incident was wrong, and he should be dealt with for it.

But there's no way you can say that falling forward led to a murder.

Who walks with their hands in their pockets like that anyway, especially when you know there's a heated atmosphere.

Totally agree. A push in the back doesn't cause a heart attack.

Also it is a heated environment, you wouldn't walk around with your hands in your pockets that is just silly. Whether you were involved or not.

As said, nobody wants a nanny state, stuff like this just makes it harder for the rest to do their job and exercise common sense in 80% of the situations where the person probably deserves a bit of shoe and gets nothing.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The guy didn't exactly look asthough he was about to rape one of the policemen though was he, all he did was walk past. Completely out of order, an inquiery has no been opened and suprise suprise some of the policemen in that little group haven't come forward yet.
Ben J

8th Apr 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Ive no doubt they were telling him to get a move on and get out the way, and he was obviously taking the piss walking slow with his hands in his pockets so Id of pushed him out the way too.

He was being a cocky shit. Its blatently obvious that if theres a group of police with helmets, dogs and batons, you keep well away, but he wanted to be a nusience, so he got asked to move, and when he didn't he got pushed out of the way. Its not as if they laid into him is it!!!

Police have a job to do, but people seem to want to make them out to be villans and prevent them from doing it!

Its a pity he had a heart attack but tbh if he wasn't being a prick he wouldn't have been roughed up etc.

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by Ben J]
strick206

8th Apr 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe i agree with Daimo here but i do

That police officer should get the book thrown at him, do the bastard for manslaughter at least

He had his back turned, and if the guy was being a nuisance and the copper was using reasonable force, why didn't he arrest the guy once he'd threw him to the floor?

I hope the guy gets whats coming to him, but unfortunately he'll just at worst get the sack
Gareth F

8th Apr 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i was walking home i wouldnt have walked straight into a protestor vs police stand off....... thats just silly. I would have walked around as its a 50/50 chance something would have happened. Im not saying he deserved it but im saying he shouldnt have walked straight into that situation.
If you see a fight do you just go ahead and walk through the middle because i know i wouldnt

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » G20 Death - Video etc.. 22 database queries in 0.0156789 seconds