corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Media centre/HTPC for sale, whats it worth? *now sold*

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Media centre/HTPC for sale, whats it worth? *now sold*
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
24th May 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your input CorsaB4ever, but I think its a very good price and it seems most of the other people agree too. If you dont want it dont buy it, but no need to leave unhelpful comments like that really.
ssj_kakarot

24th May 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
to be honest, no bluray support, no hd audio ( i believe that that graphics card is not able to produce hd audio), the size of iit and a lacking storgae space means that this is less of a bargin than made out. Yes i appreciate it cost a lot but what you can get new for the same price is unreal

it is quite a bargain tbh, the internals are a nice spec, yeah no blu ray but you can pick a drive up for £60 now, and theres few genuine HD audio graphics/soundcards for less than £100 quid, like the xonar hdmi ect.

and yes while i appreciate that as i said before hand what you can get for the same money imo you can get something better and newer. But thats the way it goes, people spend thousands on cars etc and they might be a brilliant spec but your never going to make what us worth as theres always something cheaper if you get me

ok thats fair enough, but post a link to a better spec machine then please?

i dont mind people mentioning price ect if its to high, but much like they have to do on the AV forums if someone mentions you can get a better deal they have to post a link.

so please provide links to a better specced model for £285 please.
Toby
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTPC or a media player in general? becuase myself and drunken fool both have media players which imo would out perform that HTPC based on the spec listed
Toby
Premium Member

26th May 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Thanks for your input CorsaB4ever, but I think its a very good price and it seems most of the other people agree too. If you dont want it dont buy it, but no need to leave unhelpful comments like that really.

would hardly say it was unhelpful, i said i didn't think it was well priced, not that it was not worth that price. People have said its about right there entittled to say that as much as i am to say i think its overpriced. Can i ask why you didnt take this off there hands when you bought your (significantly cheaper) PCH
ssj_kakarot

26th May 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
HTPC or a media player in general? becuase myself and drunken fool both have media players which imo would out perform that HTPC based on the spec listed

htpc
drunkenfool

27th May 09 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold it for £320 on ebay with a 320GB SATA that I had lying around chucked in
ssj_kakarot

27th May 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Just sold it for £320 on ebay with a 320GB SATA that I had lying around chucked in

how did you manage that though when its so overpriced

good price even at £320 i still think its a bargain.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll