corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you take protein?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do you take protein?
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whey protein, 3/4 times a day , 5/6 meals a day and have gained healthy mass.
scoob
Premium Member

2nd Jun 09 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i eat plenty of meats, none of this shake crap though.

bloke in work has it and has had complaints made about him due to the smell of his farts

cant beat whey farts
Carl

2nd Jun 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer gummy bear juice.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 09 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
aye, optimum nutrition 100% whey strawberry flavour, its lovelly

Same, Choc Mint. 1st Thing in a morning, after training and before bed with cottage cheese.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
How many people think protein is solely a supplement that comes in a shake?

too many lol, if you use shakes as your only source of protein your going to be a fatty for sure lol!

If i buy protein powders i buy from a firm called BIOtest. Its US market and made in small batches as its aimed at pro body builders not joe public in the gym so the ingredients they use are superior quality and they micellar Casein protein which no one else does iirc.

Do you take that after training, surely you would be better with WPI at this time so it is utilised much more quickly.
DizzyRebel

2nd Jun 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use it post training but id also have a solid meal too. (metabolic drive by biotest is a why/casein blend) 150g of carbs and 100g of protein as soon as you can after your workout will give impressive gains.

Out of all that protein you ingest in a shake you digest less than half of it hence why it gives you gut rot and bad farts/the shits. So if you rely on it as your only post training protein you are missing out on a lot of growing.

Before bed when i used to buy it id have 50g of whey/casein protein blend, 200g of cottage cheese. 2 tsp of peanut butter and some ice cubes all blended together. Tasted like an ice cream shake but all the casein made for keeping me going catabolic overnight.

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Carl

2nd Jun 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Use it post training but id also have a solid meal too. 150g of carbs and 100g of protein as soon as you can after your workout will give impressive gains.

Out of all that protein you ingest in a shake you digest less than half of it hence why it gives you gut rot and bad farts/the shits. So if you rely on it as your only post training protein you are missing out on a lot of growing.

Before bed when i used to buy it id have 50g of whey/casein protein blend, 200g of cottage cheese. 2 tsp of peanut butter and some ice cubes all blended together. Tasted like an ice cream shake but all the casein made for keeping me going catabolic overnight.

150g of carbs, you have surprised me, I was starting to think you were the son of Doctor Atkins.
Lynny

quote:
I do it for the women. Sorry but beer guts and pipe cleaner arms do fuck all to attract the ladys! ... in reality the only thing you can put on that attracts women is lean muscle

thats bollocks I like a bit of a beer belly on a bloke, six-packs are awful! You can attract a certain type of lass by being as big as you can, usually shallow ones with fake tan, fake white hair and fake tits
Colin

Nope........ive never felt the need to.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 09 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have 1 scoop whey, 100g cottage cheese and 2 tbs of whole earth peanut butter before bed, within 2 weeks i put a right gut on .

Im cutting now, infact if i post my diet up in sports day would you take a look at it so as not to hijack this thread
Carl

2nd Jun 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex_NSM
quote:
I do it for the women. Sorry but beer guts and pipe cleaner arms do fuck all to attract the ladys! ... in reality the only thing you can put on that attracts women is lean muscle

thats bollocks I like a bit of a beer belly on a bloke, six-packs are awful! You can attract a certain type of lass by being as big as you can, usually shallow ones with fake tan, fake white hair and fake tits

You are only going to attract one type of girl if you are an unkept mess too. i.e someone not very attractive, got to have a balance. All though people like dizzy rebel take it to the extreme where it takes over their life, it is better than being at the other end of the spectrum any day of the week.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Beers bellys also attract a certian type of woman, usually the ones that are not able to attract the guys with a six pack.
DizzyRebel

2nd Jun 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

You are part of the minority then! Instinctively, women look for qualities in a man that will help satisfy their maternal needs. Without knowing they select the strong, good looking men as its a sign of good genes, being able to produce healthy children, protect them and be good providers. Its not a matter of choice, nature just programmed you to be like it.

Ask 100 young attractive women who arent idiots if they would rather be with vin diesel or chris moyles i think the vast majority will say vin diesel.

Besides i dont attract the fake girls as im not one for arse licking. I have a stunning girlfriend (whos far from fake and blonde) but shes with me because i have the package - not just above average lean mass. Having a good body and being good looking helps you stnad out and gives you an advantage, it just depends how you use that advantage if your to seal the deal or not.
DizzyRebel

2nd Jun 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
quote:

Beers bellys also attract a certian type of woman, usually the ones that are not able to attract the guys with a six pack.

So true, i should have just put that
CORSA NUT

2nd Jun 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since i've been training for 10 years and had tried about every supplement on the market..and being a qualified instructor i suppose i can comment.

Whey Protein shakes as said are only good either 30 mintues before training or after (must be before 20 minutes) or before bed.Casein protein is the one to take before bed as it's slow release.

There is LOADS shite out there that will destroy your insides etc and i'll say that Myprotein is the best stuff on the market and priced well too..i use the strawberry

If you eat right though (which most of us don't have the time/money to do) then you should only need a shot after training if your not going to be eating for a while.

Sleep is the best thing for your muscles
DizzyRebel

2nd Jun 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
quote:

You are only going to attract one type of girl if you are an unkept mess too. i.e someone not very attractive, got to have a balance. All though people like dizzy rebel take it to the extreme where it takes over their life, it is better than being at the other end of the spectrum any day of the week.

It doesnt take over my life, its just routine now. Train 5 times a week, eat 6 good meals a day and get plenty of quality sleep. i still have plenty of time for my girlfriend, work, social life etc in between. granted time management is essential as is pre-preparing meals but to me its worth it as i stay healthy instead of grow man boobs and get tired reaching for another can of beer.

Some blokes eat junk food every day, spend 5 nights a week in the pub, smoke and fester infront of the tv watching football all night.

They are the ones harming themselves, living a poor life and yet they are more socially acceptible than somone who takes care of themselves... whats the deal?
Nath

2nd Jun 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Ask 100 young attractive women who arent idiots if they would rather be with vin diesel or chris moyles i think the vast majority will say vin diesel.

I wouldnt want to be with any of those 100 if they were all about the looks.

eddiewhiteley

2nd Jun 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I do it for the women. Sorry but beer guts and pipe cleaner arms do fuck all to attract the ladys! You can wear a £2000 armani suit, a £10,000 rolex and act like your the biggest pimp in the land but if your belly is jelly and your arms are skinny you wont get a whiff... in reality the only thing you can put on that attracts women is lean muscle

these are the kind of people i imagine to come up with comments like that

[img][/img]

CORSA NUT

2nd Jun 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It doesnt take over my life, its just routine now. Train 5 times a week, eat 6 good meals a day and get plenty of quality sleep. i still have plenty of time for my girlfriend, work, social life etc in between. granted time management is essential as is pre-preparing meals but to me its worth it as i stay healthy instead of grow man boobs and get tired reaching for another can of beer.

Some blokes eat junk food every day, spend 5 nights a week in the pub, smoke and fester infront of the tv watching football all night.

They are the ones harming themselves, living a poor life and yet they are more socially acceptible than somone who takes care of themselves... whats the deal?

Well said Dizzy

Although i must say some guys take it WAY to far and don't ever drink or eat crap now and then...you must do that once a week ish.

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by CORSA NUT]
mattk

2nd Jun 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to eat very well but went a bit downhill when I lost my job, last few weeks Ive been having scrambled egg and toast for brekkie, my bacon butties at about 11, then chicken and rice at about 2ish main meal of beef / turkey or chicken at 5 and a shake after training and before bed, seems to be going ok
Carl

2nd Jun 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[Edited on 02-06-2009 by CORSA NUT]

Yeah that's what I meant. I can remember a mate of mine going on a lads holiday and one of them took loads of rice cakes with him and was hitting the gym every morning. As said there are a lot worse habits you can have, but sometimes a reality check is needed.
will_doyle
Banned

2nd Jun 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you think of my Routine.

Joined the gym yesterday

Day 1

Chest Tri's

Flat Bench
Decline or Incline Bench
Dips
Push Downs

Day 2

Back, Bi's

Deadlift
One Arm Bent-over rows
Shrugs
BB Curl
Incline alternating DB Curl

Day 3

Leg, Shoulders

Squat
Leg Extension
Leg Pulls
Calve Raises
Front BB Press
Side Raises
Bent over Raise
Nath

2nd Jun 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
quote:
I do it for the women. Sorry but beer guts and pipe cleaner arms do fuck all to attract the ladys! You can wear a £2000 armani suit, a £10,000 rolex and act like your the biggest pimp in the land but if your belly is jelly and your arms are skinny you wont get a whiff... in reality the only thing you can put on that attracts women is lean muscle

these are the kind of people i imagine to come up with comments like that

[img][/img]

mattk

2nd Jun 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id swap day 1 to chest and bi`s and day 2 to back and tri`s

should do one push and one pull excercise a time

if your doing chest your working both your tris and your chest so when you move on to your tri exercises they are already a bit tired from the chest exercises

and the same with back and bi`s most back exercises hit the bi`s too
Dave86

2nd Jun 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whey unflavoured, tastes barko tho, 3 shakes a day

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » do you take protein? 22 database queries in 0.0170820 seconds