corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whos owned a vts?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whos owned a vts?
JM_16v

User status: Offline
29th Jun 09 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the radius arm that went it was just cheaper to get a replacement beam
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Good and bad points like any car but the bad points out weighed the good for me.
Don't even contemplate lowering it because you will end up replacing every suspension component. But the engines respond really well with breathing mods. Mine made 13bhp with filter and 2" straight through and was very rev happy. F*cking rapid with a decent air flow set up.

The suspension will only be fecked after lowering if it isn't done properly.
Gav I've had a VTR, and now on an XSi 16v (same sort of thing really) and they are quick as fuck wee things With a couple of choice mods (decat system, 4-2-1, enclosed induction kit) you'll see a healthy 140 or so bhp. And that's enough to keep up with your old car very easily on track

Everybody is quick to slate these (I know TheGSi had one so not meaning him) and say they are unreliable. They are every bit as reliable, and safe as a Corsa You get some lemons, but treated right it'll be a fantastic car to drive about in. Just watch for lift off oversteer
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
its the radius arm that went it was just cheaper to get a replacement beam

Yup, the radius arm was fecked on my VTR so got a recon rear beam for £150 and slapped that on. Right as rain! I'm sure someone told me that when lowered, the seals don't do their job properly and obviously water gets in?

In short Gav, it'll have its problems, like any car. Just have a good look around, and if possible jack up the back end and look for movement when rocking the rear wheels. If the lad is legit I'm sure he won't mind you doing it
corsa_rob

29th Jun 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh set the standard alarm while u look at it...sensors get fucked...so alarm goes off few minutes after being set, reason to knock him down . if u take for test drive...full lock both ways at sum point while pulling off...if u hear a knucking sound then the front shocks arent tight in there outer casing thing...another thing to get sorted my vts was up for £2300...took it hope for £1750
frostyD

29th Jun 09 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one for 3 months as a stop gap.

Loved it to bits, was fun to drive and simply just drove it hard everywhere was a great little car, really clean aswell.

But within 2 months i had it crunching into gears, they really are chocolate.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ, maybe i got a good one but i bought it on 53 k, did 14k over a year and i only used it for fun, never broke, handled great and bags of fun. gearboxes go when people wheel spin them everywhere, change the oil regularly and ull be fine
big eck

29th Jun 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am in a pretty good position to comment on these as the wife owned one (phs 1 model tho) and we both had 2 106 gti which are basically the same and the first thing you need to look out for in them is suspension components like top mounts, track rod ends, bushes and the killer rear beam (especially if its been lowered) my wifes old one had been lowered and I had a replacement beam fitted and that fooked up within 2 days as well lol. The head gasket was on its way out as well. The drving position is terrible on them as its VERY high. We had similar problems with the wifes old 106 as well but mine run as sweet as a nut without a single problem in the full year I had it.
flybikeslee

29th Jun 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i owned one last night
true story
ChrisBoom

29th Jun 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
I am in a pretty good position to comment on these as the wife owned one (phs 1 model tho) and we both had 2 106 gti which are basically the same and the first thing you need to look out for in them is suspension components like top mounts, track rod ends, bushes and the killer rear beam (especially if its been lowered) my wifes old one had been lowered and I had a replacement beam fitted and that fooked up within 2 days as well lol. The head gasket was on its way out as well. The drving position is terrible on them as its VERY high. We had similar problems with the wifes old 106 as well but mine run as sweet as a nut without a single problem in the full year I had it.

True story about the high driving position, my S1 106 is perfect though, just the right hight.
mwg

29th Jun 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
i owned one last night
true story

sold it already?
Neo

29th Jun 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own one... But not the type your talking about.

Best advice is to join Saxperience, they will be able to help...not the busiest of sites but any questions you might have have already been asked or give it a day or 2 will be responded to.
P1CK4D

29th Jun 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long do you plan on having a run around for?
bigboykarl

29th Jun 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a xsara vts...i had one in that silly gold colour..2.0 16v 168bhp ran great for the 12 months 20k miles i did..traded it for a saab convertable
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
How long do you plan on having a run around for?

dunno

but something like the vts has the potential to lose its interior and get a cage and become a toy in the future when I get another car.

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
big eck

29th Jun 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigboykarl
get a xsara vts...i had one in that silly gold colour..2.0 16v 168bhp ran great for the 12 months 20k miles i did..traded it for a saab convertable

There used to be a blue one about my area on its ass with 17" 5 spoke alloys with a few performance mods and it looked the dogs baws, went very well too. Very underated cars.

Must be the MK1 model tho as the MK2 looks wank

They can be had for very little money now
Oli_p

29th Jun 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id loved my vts, actually miss the car, but its now scrapped i think due to person sold it too crashing it twice, but would deffo give my LET up for it back if i had the choice. with follows mods, bmc filter, 4 brand,sports cat and 2" system with no silencer and L&B flywheel i stayed almost side by side with a cammed and chipped XE corsa, and never really had any trouble with my except heater matrix going
flybikeslee

29th Jun 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
i owned one last night
true story

sold it already?

nooo owned as in raced and he lost miserably, poor attempt at humour
mwg

29th Jun 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you failed to see my humour....
flybikeslee

29th Jun 09 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah haaaa, double bummed
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woops I purchased one

Paid a fair bit less then the price and its just been serviced, mot'd and has four new proxies so providing it doesnt blow up

Quick too

The car

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/CITROEN+SAXO/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966727-4294967089/advert.action?R=200926336761378&distance=46&postcode=SS7+2HD&channel=CARS&make=CITROEN&model=SAXO&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1999&vehicleRegLetter=V

Ryan

29th Jun 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has it got gti-6 front brakes aswell?
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer

Warren G

29th Jun 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gavin in vts shocker!

soo, quicker then type r?
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In honesty about the same. Although feels quicker as its like sitting in a bean tin

Warren G

29th Jun 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to compare tbh

been in a one same sorta spec, and my gawd it was quick, 140 like nothing

shitty 1.8 corsa needs to be quicker meh

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » whos owned a vts? 23 database queries in 0.0153470 seconds