corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs
M2RTY

User status: Offline
29th Jun 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I cant stand any of his songs personally

MJ pretty much influenced fucking 10000s of songs out there, so you must only like music made before he was born

this thread stinks of bull shit
John

29th Jun 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt does only like music from before he was born iirc
CorsAsh

29th Jun 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs

Are they all nursery rhymes?
SportBoy

29th Jun 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gary glitter ftw tbh
Jambo

30th Jun 09 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant wait to hear the stuff

I can understand people downloading the less well known albums like invincible etc, but if you only just bought Thriller then a: you cant be much of a fan and b: technically your a murderer as if you had done that last year he wouldnt of stressed himself to death doing a comeback tour cos he was skint
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

30th Jun 09 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or c) you were born after he was famous and just discovered what hes all about.

which i'm sure alot of 15-16 year olds with their itunes downloader thingy are doing
Ojc

30th Jun 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His music bores me.
Dione J

30th Jun 09 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the way everyone's quick to point out and judge the bad he may have/never did. Yes, he lived a stranged life but being forced at a young age to be responsible couldn't of been easy for him.

But we as a society are quick to forget all the good he done in the world like donating millions to starving kids in Africa, etc.

Just like Joe Jackson said "he will be bigger dead than when he was alive!"

R.I.P Jacko!!
alan-g-w

30th Jun 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTS-T Rob
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I was comparing him, a pervert, to Ian Huntley, another pervert. Fair do's it was maybe a bit of an exaggeration...

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by alan-g-w]

Ian Huntlet a pervert? he is a murderer

Good point, my bad. Gary Glitter then.
Daimo B

30th Jun 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*removed, not worth my time and hassle. People think and act how you want to act.

I know i'll raise my children with some respect to the dead, unlike some of your own parent.

End of.. Copy paste...

[Edited on 30-06-2009 by VXR]
mattk

30th Jun 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Matt does only like music from before he was born iirc

Correct, I cant see Jacko having any influence at all on anything I listen to
corsadave1

30th Jun 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone likes drum n bass or techno (music MJ hasn't influenced) then im sure they could find his music sh1te, vxr maybe you should get off your high horse and stop being the forum police.

mattfiesta

30th Jun 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
but saying his music is sh1te just becuase YOU don't like it shows how ignorent and brain dead you must actually be?

Or its just a personal opinion.

My opinion is that his later work was shite.
mattfiesta

30th Jun 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadave1
if someone likes drum n bass or techno (music MJ hasn't influenced) then im sure they could find his music sh1te, vxr maybe you should get off your high horse and stop being the forum police.

I was at detonate in notts on friday and Goldie put some MJ on, I've never seen a dancefloor go so quiet and lifeless
Daimo B

30th Jun 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattfiesta

Or its just a personal opinion.

My opinion is that his later work was shite.

YOUR opinion of it yes, but if your just here to flout hate, why be here at all? Waste time? Put your opinion accross cos you can..... I mean, how lame is that... Thats a valied comment, you didn't like his later work, thats fair enough, but to write "he was sh1te" is total bo11ox. But then if you don't like his stuff, why are you even in this post?

My comments are more aimed at those who just write "he's sh1te" and "he's a peado" when both are incorrect and lies.

Why these people NEED to have their say, NEED to dis-respect the dead, NEED to argue it, i really don't know..... As I say, it comes back to morals. decency, and respect.
mattk

30th Jun 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Opinions OF his music are individual... Turning round saying his music was sh1te isn't factual, its an opinion.

FACT tells the story

so you never come on here to spout an opinion? everything you type is FACT?
Daimo B

30th Jun 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it comes to the dead, I never take the p1ss no.
Ojc

30th Jun 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the head of RCA Records was told that Elvis had died, he is said to have remarked: 'Great career move.'

His modern counterpart at Sony must have entertained similar sentiments after being informed that Michael Jackson had popped his pumps.

Since the news of Wacko Jacko's death Twittered out of Los Angeles, his albums have gone platinum all over again. The megastore shelves have been stripped bare, the Amazons and eBays looted of Jackson memorabilia.

People who hadn't bought a Michael Jackson CD for a quarter of a century, some who had never possessed a Michael Jackson record, were suddenly overcome with a compelling urge to fill their boots with his back catalogue.

For some unfathomable reason, they felt a primeval need to touch the hem of his garment, to lay their hands on a piece of the legend, to be able to tell their grandchildren that they were there; to give them something to occupy their attention until the next series of Britain's Got Talent.

The inconvenient fact that this was someone they didn't know, who lived on a compound thousands of miles away, wasn't going to stand between them and their inalienable right to emote in public.

He was, like, awzum. We love you, Michael!

While there were displays of sympathy across the world, no one managed to pull it off with quite such sphincter-tightening mawkishness as the British.

In Central London, the provisional wing of the Friends of Dorothy and the usual coven of madwomen took to the streets in a vomit-inducing display of sentimentality and exhibitionism.

Given that they couldn't afford to fly out to California to flaunt their compassion, they manufactured their own Glastonbury of Grief in the West End.

Half of them didn't even know the words. Bobby Jean, you're not my mum!

Seized with the spirit of Lady Di, Old Compton Street clones and bovine birds with pierced navels in Matalan crop tops united in the hedonistic pursuit of vicarious grief.

If ever a crowd needed 'kettling' this was it. I'd have even turned a blind eye to a baton charge and the judicious application of a water cannon.

Television brought us interminable vox pops of assorted non-entities explaining how much Michael had meant to them, with the emphasis on them.

We used to do mourning well in Britain and we still do in some circumstances - think the Queen Mum and the recent 60th anniversary of D-Day.

But there is a frighteningly substantial section of the population which grasps a celebrity death as an excuse for an open air festival of self-pity and self-indulgence.

This is mob grief. There's even a shrine in Piccadilly, for pity's sake.

I couldn't help wondering how many of those on the streets proclaiming their sadness at the death of Saint Michael would have been banging on the side of the prison van if he'd been convicted of child-molesting - just as those who screamed 'racist pig' at Jade Goody were first in the conga line behind her cortege when it came to burying her.

On one level, Michael Jackson was Gary Glitter with money, which enabled him to buy off the parents of his alleged victim Jordie Chandler with $22million.

If he'd tried that in Britain, the same self-appointed mourners singing 'Beat It' out of tune this weekend would have been standing outside his front door, throwing petrol bombs and chanting 'Kill the Paediatrician!'

That's not to say that Jackson was without talent - although as someone steeped in the history of Motown, I'd argue that he's a fairly minor figure compared with Smokey, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Holland-Dozier-Holland, the Tops and the Temps.

The Jacksons were little more than a novelty act churned out at the fag end of the Motown production line - the black Osmonds.

Michael's global fame and fortune was predicated upon a single album, Thriller, which owes as much to Quincy Jones's brilliant production and John Landis's groundbreaking video as it does to the songs themselves.

Elvis, he wasn't. Nor was he Sam Cooke, James Brown or Otis. None of that matters to his fans, nor should it. But a sense of perspective is in order.

There's no accounting for madwomen, but what the hell were Gordon Brown and Call Me Dave doing paying their own personal tributes? Was Gordon trying to recreate Tony Blair's Lady Di moment? 'He was the People's Paedophile.'

As usual, the BBC went bonkers, with one reporter even wearing a black tie. Newspapers followed suit. Rainforests have been felled to churn out special souvenir supplements, which will end up as cat litter.

Soon, it will all be over. We can only give thanks that the funeral isn't in London, otherwise someone might get their head kicked in for not showing enough 'respect'. And thank heaven the football season hasn't started, otherwise it would be a minute's silence all round.
Thriller Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson's global fame and fortune was predicted on the album Thriller, produced by Quincy Jones

A few days before Jacko died, some of us were discussing how many of his scheduled 50 shows at the 02 Arena he would actually perform. Estimates varied between none and zero.

Now, instead of the deranged prima donna who didn't show up and let down his adoring fans, he is immortal.

The insanity, the 'sleepovers' with young children, the ludicrous pet monkey, all forgotten.

He will live on through his music, which post mortem is on course to outsell even the 100 million copies of Thriller shifted when he was alive.

Great career move.
mattk

30th Jun 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha ^ Class
mwg

30th Jun 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who wrote that? Its absolutely spot on
Daimo B

30th Jun 09 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good copy and paste... And the source is?

Terrible peice of writing.

I know is BS as the sum was $18mill, not $22mil...

F*ck it, i've maintained the same stance on taking the p1ss of anyones death always, so that text is worthless.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jun 09 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moonwalker the movie was fucking brilliant, anybody else watch it as a kid?

John

30th Jun 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo where are you getting your factual figures?

Nobody is to believe whats written in the papers so do you have his lawyers email address?
Ojc

30th Jun 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Good copy and paste... And the source is?

Terrible peice of writing.

I know is BS as the sum was $18mill, not $22mil...

F*ck it, i've maintained the same stance on taking the p1ss of anyones death always, so that text is worthless.

Terrible piece of writing? What do you constitute a good piece of writing because I thought it was written brilliantly.

I got it from Pistonheads as per usual.
Jambo

30th Jun 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im a massive Elvis fan, but jacko actualy wrote and performed his songs, couple that with making the single best selling album of all time, changing pop music, celebrity, music video, fashion forever... Id say its hard to downplay his part in music?!

No need for a rant like above, jade goody wasnt much of a comparison either, they may both be dead but thats about where the similarity ends tbh.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Michael Jackson's secret 200 songs 22 database queries in 0.0378399 seconds